CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question! Each person inherits approximately 1/2 of their dna from their father and approximately 1/2 from their mother. I'm just guessing here, but it might be possible (and likely rare) for two full siblings to match as identical twins if they both inherited the same exact dna from each parent. In a dna class I took, it was discussed there are of rare cases where two siblings do not show as sibling matches and the explanation is they each inherited opposite 1/2's of each parents' dna.

The odds against are apparently astronomical. bbm

Your DNA is arranged into chromosomes, which are grouped into 23 pairs. When a sperm cell is manufactured, the father’s genome is split in two, so that each sperm receives one chromosome from each of the 23 pairs, and the same thing happens with the egg cells in the mother. When the egg and the sperm combine to form an embryo, the resulting genome contains half the mother’s chromosomes and half the father’s, chosen essentially at random.

Theoretically, same-sex siblings could be created with the same selection of chromosomes, but the odds of this happening would be one in 246 or about 70 trillion.

http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/can-two-people-have-same-dna

It's not just shoplifting a hammer and dog repellent. It's that it happened in the same area where 50 rapes and home invasions had occured. It's that he had to be restrained and tied to a chair. It's that he wad a cop with access to the same kind of revolvers used in the crimes. That in combination with not visibly checking and identifying every attendee at the town hall makes for terrible, shoddy police/detective work. The guy was sitting there at the town hall while at least 3 or 4 sketches that looked pretty darn close to his resemblance were displayed up on stage. Did they not even consider that the perp might attend? And no one in the police force recognized him as being the cop fired for shoplifting those items? They didn't go through and and do recognizance on all the 5' 10", 165 lbs, blue eyed, 30 year old men who showed up at the meeting?

Hindsight is always 20/20. I don't think it was shoddy detective work. When I first read about the hammer and dog repellent, I didn't make any connection to his other crimes. Only after I read through the first thread here, did I see the connection. Shoplifting is an extremely common crime. Police investigating every case of shoplifting, for a possible connection to other crimes would be a waste of LE time, in my opinion.

Did they ever consider that the perp might be a police officer attending a town hall meeting? I'm pretty sure the answer to that would be, no. For one thing LEOs in those days actually had a degree of integrity. Evident by them firing him for the shoplifting charge. It was not like it is today, where many people expect cops to commit crimes.

... And now, the latest addition of obviously predictable statements from a defense attorney that nonetheless have me rolling my eyes so far back in my head that they get lost,

DeAngelo is "depressed and right now, fragile," attorney Diane Howard told CNN.

Howard told reporters that she feels her client has received "unfair press."

"I feel like he's been tried here in the press already," she said.

(I know, I know...just doing her job... :sick:
:banghead:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/04/27/us/golden-state-killer-arraignment/index.html

RBBM

Gee Whiz! I just ate, think I'm getting a sick stomach, reading this . . .

:sick::sick::maddening:

Vertigo is a great excuse to get out of work as long as no one sees you mowing your lawn or riding your motorcycle.
Trust me It's not. Just turning your head slightly can throw you off. Riding in a car is torture. So motorcycle riding is out of the question.

“I was absolutely flabbergasted,” said Ron Osborn, DeAngelo’s brother-in-law.

Osborn says the family is in disbelief.

“When you see the picture of someone you know so very close, there’s that shock element and to look at Joe, I never suspected,” Osborn said. “We had a family type relationship, we joked, we hunted, went boating and none of this would rear its head as being a personality trait.”

“We played cards at the house, had family nights,” he said.

And for the last 27 years, he’s worked as a mechanic at a Save Mart Distribution Center in Roseville.

“He seemed like a nice guy, it’s just mindblowing,” said Tim Muriset.

Muriset worked with DeAngelo at Save Mart. He said DeAngelo just retired last year and he can’t believe he’s allegedly tied to some of the most horrific crimes imaginable.

“He used to get vertigo and couldn’t get out of bed sometimes so he had to stay home. When you talk to him, you just never thought, he’s been with the company for years, oh my god,” he said.

Save Mart confirmed DeAngelo’s employment, releasing a statement saying:

“None of his actions in the workplace would have lead us to suspect any connection to crimes being attributed to him.”

“It’s sad and tragic but my heart goes out to his immediate family, no matter what the situation was at home, it’s still a shock and awe in that,” said Osborn.

http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/04/26/who-is-joseph-deangelo/

OK now we know where he worked from 1990 to 2017. Now the questions is where did he work from 1979 to 1990?

Unbelievable. The EAR committed his 47th attack on June 25 1979 in Walnut Creek. He was arrested for shoplifting on July 2 in Sacramento County. Then committed attack # 48 on July 5 in Danville. It's like the arrest didn't happen. He just kept going.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he got arrested, got released, went to a different store, stole the same items he got caught stealing at the other store, and went on about his business.

I am thinking that his work records need to be checked for the days he took off for "vertigo". And then the crime records need to be matched to those days. Vertigo would be a good lie for him to choose. It would have him in bed all day, no one would come check on him or question if he didn't answer a phone. And you could claim it more often than say, a sore throat.

Disclaimer---- I know vertigo is real. I always think I am dying when I get it! lol. No. Really. I do. I am saying it would be a very good cover for him. It actually really bothers me that he had a way to be out of work, whenever he wanted.

sorry I cant recall the poster and I cant work out how to bring over a post from a closed thread.

somebody asked me why I thought prosecuters may cut Sharon a deal?
because she had to know why her husband was expelled from the police force.
she harboured that secret of his and went on to have his children and keep it from them.
is it really out of the realm of possibility she knows more??...highly unlikely in my book.
she is a lawyer she knows not to talk.
if she knows more or had an inkling and never reported him she is in strife herself.
hence why I think she likely enabled him.
that's why I think they will cut her a deal.
tell us every possible detail you have and we wont judge or prosecute you.

sorry I cant recall the poster and I cant work out how to bring over a post from a closed thread.

somebody asked me why I thought prosecuters may cut Sharon a deal?
because she had to know why her husband was expelled from the police force.
she harboured that secret of his and went on to have his children and keep it from them.
is it really out of the realm of possibility she knows more??...highly unlikely in my book.
she is a lawyer she knows not to talk.
if she knows more or had an inkling and never reported him she is in strife herself.
hence why I think she likely enabled him.
that's why I think they will cut her a deal.
tell us every possible detail you have and we wont judge or prosecute you.

She's not accused of any crime. There is no deal to cut. Deangelo fooled investigators for 44 years, and police colleagues in two difference police forces. He could easily have fooled his wife too.

... And now, the latest addition of obviously predictable statements from a defense attorney that nonetheless have me rolling my eyes so far back in my head that they get lost,

DeAngelo is "depressed and right now, fragile," attorney Diane Howard told CNN.

Howard told reporters that she feels her client has received "unfair press."

"I feel like he's been tried here in the press already," she said.

(I know, I know...just doing her job... :sick:
:banghead:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/04/27/us/golden-state-killer-arraignment/index.html
Oh Waaaaaaaah poor little fella.
Discovery now exposed bad Apple fallen from the tree.
Darkness of sin has been uncovered.
Piper cometh for his pay. The sum of excitement cruely paved.
Outsmarted,outwitted, check mate now defeated. Reap the reward of what was sewn.
Left to wallow in self pity,ringing hollow,and false.
Finished now, over, done. Zero,zero, nothing won.

Like it or not, unfair press coverage is fair game for a defense attorney to claim. I never blame defense attorneys for the things they say and do in defense of their client unless they break the law, you always have to bear in mind that they have a duty to act on their clients instructions to a certain extent, as well as ensuring the law is stuck to and all the rest. If he's whining that the press coverage is soooo unfair she might be rolling her eyes in private but she still has to do her job.
you actually want the defense atty. to pull every trick in the book and exhaust all avenues.... if he/she doesn't then the guy is appealing his conviction because he had a crappy atty. and in many cases gets a retrial which can take forever because now the defense knows what lost the trial the first time around and will fight tooth and nail to get those things thrown out

While I understand and can appreciate the role criminal defense attorneys provide to our justice system, I don't have to like them lol. Especially the private ones... My former evil boss's husband is one and neither he nor my boss had any sort of moral compass....

and another one said in the sentencing for my son's father, sentencing for fatally injuring my newborn, that if I'd had an abortion "like he'd told me to" as though that was an honest defense so clearly I have no ability to be objective on the matter..... obviously it's a button pusher.

I will say I agree we want them to do their jobs well so the rightfully convicted stay so.

Someone earlier asked why he would choose rape, being that he was known for small parts. Many have already explained it is about control. Furthermore, it seems like a way to "show" people that no matter what "shortcomings" he has, HE can have the woman. He can control them. No amount of muscles or masculinity was able to stop him. He balanced his small parts with the power he could have by using it. That's my take on it.

Here is another explanation (look closely at the last sentence, I cant bold it), taken from http://www.coldcase-earons.com/21.php

She stated that his main goal is to hurt and degrade women, has difficulty relating to them, and was probably an abused child. The increased frequency of attacks, together with the conflicting threats of death and violence to future victims, mark a volatile change in his personality," she told a Sacramento Union reporter. "He's proud of his notoriety, but his aggressive element is growing quickly. His braggadocio, his adventuresomeness, probably will be the thing that gets him caught. Those attacks with men show a 'rivalrous' attempt to compete with other males."

According to ABC TV News w/ David Muir- today- JJD threatened to kill his boss when he was fired at the police dept.

for shoplifting.

And nobody’s radar went off? Not pointing blame but still think his firing due to shoplifting and then his reaction (threatening to kill his boss?) would have warranted an internal probe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn’t surprise me if he got arrested, got released, went to a different store, stole the same items he got caught stealing at the other store, and went on about his business.

And I’d bet $ the shoplifting where he was caught wasn’t his first (especially with his track record of luck); can you imagine being the store employees who busted him (one even pulling the hammer out of his pants) and then finding out you just cost the EAR/VR/GSK his police job?? It’s amazing JJD never went after them later.

Has anybody heard anything about whether the 3 toed white dog was actually with JJD, or just an anomaly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member