CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, but I don't think schizophrenia explains his actions and his behavior. Schizophrenics tend to be diagnosed in early adulthood because their behavior is so odd and disturbing that others notice it and try to get them help.

I've known three people with this diagnosis and all were diagnosed while in their early 20's because it was evident to all who knew them that something was very wrong. Schizophrenics exhibit disorganized and illogical thinking, paranoia (conspiracies that don't make any sense), delusions and at times, they hear voices. It is a horrible, horrible disease and even with medication, the three people I've known who have it have not been able to ever hold down a job.

My thoughts are that DeAngelo is a psychopath. He blended in and was able to hold down a job for almost 30 years. The people who were around him the most, his co-workers never suspected there was anything wrong with him. His actions in planning and executing his crimes were organized he was able to escape detection. He was also known for taking meticulous care of his lawn, by himself.

IMO, the only thing that explains him is psychopathy and that's not a mental illness. It's a personality disorder and his defense may try to claim mental illness, but I don't think that is going to fly.

I’m wondering about OCD? What do you think? I’m on my phone and can’t list my reasons (takes too long to type). I wonder if there’s been any cases where the obsessions and compulsions led to such horrible acts? Or if that is even possible? I truly do not know, just wondering? MOO and not really an opinion just curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m wondering about OCD? What do you think? I’m on my phone and can’t list my reasons (takes too long to type). I wonder if there’s been any cases where the obsessions and compulsions led to such horrible acts? Or if that is even possible? I truly do not know, just wondering? MOO and not really an opinion just curiosity.

great question! and if someone starts with peeping, then ransacking how can we prevent the next GSK from escalating into a serial killer?
I know someone who has committed similar crimes and I think he is escalating. (don't worry I am not friends with them.)

I agree injustice collector is a form of extreme narcissism and/or psychopathy. Not all injustice collectors are psychopaths. Some are psychotic.

Yes, that is true, that some of them are psychotic. At least some of the 20 signs can describe someone with psychosis as well.

The vast majority of serial killers are psychopaths, and a few are psychotic. And because it was mentioned here that he might have schizophrenia, he doesn't. He is a psychopath. If you ever heard a psychopath speak and how they can ramble and throw their "word salad" at you, his behavior during the crimes seems "normal" for a psychopath.

Psychopaths can also have other problems, they can also be borderline, bipolar, highly neurotic, etc. Maybe he is just very neurotic with his Mommy and Bonnie on top of being a psychopath.

If you think he is mentally ill like having schizophrenia, you have to be careful with that, because that would mean he can't stand trial. I'm pretty sure the defense will try something like that at some point, be it schizophrenia, dementia or something else.

As crazy as he is, he is not insane, meaning he knows right from wrong and he knows that what he did was wrong, against the law, he even was able to do all this and almost didn't get caught. It took 42 years, some of those years he even was a police officer and could hide in plain sight among the people that were trying to catch him. That*s not an insane person, that's a very manipulative person, and, as much as it hurts me to say this, a very intelligent person. Not all psychopaths are intelligent, but he probably is.

Most killers are driven by either revenge, envy, rejection, feeling inferior, or some perceived slighting. In some cases it is all of them. Injustice collectors are driven by that and they never snap.

I do not think that the failed engagement with Bonnie triggered it by itself. It was more of a tipping point. Injustice collectors who kill have a tipping point and it festers for a long time before they act.

I suspect many killers are injustice collectors, not just spree killers, school shooters, and terrorists are injustice collectors. Not every killer is driven by some grudge.

I think most murders are driven by mix of all four.

And you’re right — Bonnie didn’t *cause* Deangelo’s vicious criminality. It was already part of him, and he purposefully honed that viciousness in his military and LE training.

IMO, forensic psychology already has well-developed guidelines and “scales” in which to determine what (in this case) I believe is a hypertoxic blend of delusional/borderline personality disorders.

Crediting his drive to “injustice collecting,” imho, seems to overcomplicate AND oversimplify what’s happening.

Inherent in every bad actor is a skewed sense of justification that’s seeded by incompetent rage. ... IMO. The world must mold to HIS worldview. And he’s intolerant and overcome with incompetent rage when it doesn’t. Extreme rage. He annihilates — literally destroys — what makes him uncomfortable: What he can’t force into his worldview.

He didn’t collect injustices, letting them simmer until he exploded in a spree or mass shooting. I respectfully and wholly disagree.

He meted out swift and fierce justice for every perceived slight, in explosive ways, again and again, probably since he was a child.

I believe EVERY skill he accumulated throughout his life was learned purposefully, to be directed toward the goal of enforcing his worldview and destroying whatever refused to fit into it. That’s my guess. And, to a large degree, he succeeded. He punished entire neighborhoods, communities, cities, states ... He bent them all to his will in some way.

Speculating.

I haven't read all the pages in this thread yet, so this question may have already been "asked and answered", but...

Though DeAngelo will not be charged with any of the 40+ rapes he committed in Northern California because the "statue" of limitations has expired (that's my Seinfeld reference for the day), when the trial begins for the combined murders that he did commit, can prosecutors at least mention that six of the seven murdered women had also been raped by DeAngelo? Then again, wouldn't the prosecution have to mention that the women had been raped? After all, it was DeAngelo's DNA recovered from their bodies that eventually lead investigators to a suspect, right? As if murdering 12 people isn't enough to win an all-expense paid trip to death row, it would be tragic if the jurors didn't hear that DeAngelo had also raped the women before murdering them.

I know a psychopath who exhibits these ocd-like behaviors, cataloguing etc. I once described him as like an autistic person but focused on sex. You see it often with these psychopathic criminals too. I remember one case of a guy who was recording women in public washrooms. He had a library of recordings that were meticulously organized. I don't think psychiatry has fully got a handle on these types yet.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

great question! and if someone starts with peeping, then ransacking how can we prevent the next GSK from escalating into a serial killer?
I know someone who has committed similar crimes and I think he is escalating. (don't worry I am not friends with them.)

I think the only way is to catch them in time ... And even then, for those "lesser" crimes they might not get a very long prison sentence and then, after they get out, they can just go on with what they did and escalate. Even if they only get a few years in prison, after that they should spend the rest of their life in a psychiatric hospital. You'd need the right laws for all of that and I don't think they have them anywhere in the world to the extent that they are needed for cases like that.

It's a calculated act or drug-induced psychosis or a psychotic break. My vote still goes for psychopath.

He didn't have a psychotic break or psychosis,those things you cannot control what you do when you are in one,He controlled everything and thought out many things a lot of times. A lot of people here throwing around words like psychosis and schizophrenia without ever in their lives seeing someone with it in person.
The simple fact is he is a psychopath that simply enjoyed killing and raping.

Wonder if JJD went to that restaurant to try and eavesdrop on the cops that regularly went there, also wondering if he was planning a creeping/ stalking of the waitress?
imo, speculation.rbbm.
http://fox40.com/2018/05/04/its-eer...-says-east-area-rapist-suspect-was-a-regular/

It’s very likely he did, imo.

The “know-it-all” cop, as at least one of his former colleagues described him, probably even chatted up police over coffee at that restaurant, expounding on his own knowledge and experience as a former law officer — with an associate’s degree in criminal science — who himself helped lead an anti-burglary task force sometime around 1976 during his time as a cop in Exeter.

Mind-blowing!!

For someone that supposedly didn’t own a TV, he certainly has or at least back in 2015, had a pretty impressive elevated digital antenna on his roof. I suppose he could have been using it for FW radio broadcast or perhaps monitoring police calls.
Antenna.jpg

Do psychopaths go to mental hospitals? I think they would treat the whole thing like a joke.
I think the only way is to catch them in time ... And even then, for those "lesser" crimes they might not get a very long prison sentence and then, after they get out, they can just go on with what they did and escalate. Even if they only get a few years in prison, after that they should spend the rest of their life in a psychiatric hospital. You'd need the right laws for all of that and I don't think they have them anywhere in the world to the extent that they are needed for cases like that.

I can't find any source for it online. But just after his arrest, I heard or read somewhere that DeAngelo had several different email addresses. This led me to believe that LE must have confiscated a computer belonging to JJD.

I can’t help but wonder if local newsroom editors eventually recognize one or several of his email addresses.

This is pure speculation, obviously, but he strikes me as the type of guy who would regularly submit letters to the editor at some point in his life.

There are “regulars” in every community whom editors know will submit letters and/or call their newsrooms. Oooh, now I’m curious to know if any local newspaper editor now “misses” their expected “local crank” after a few weeks and maybe puts two and two together. ...

It's so strange about taking whole sets of China.
Something quite heavy really.

I wonder if it wasn't because he wanted it for himself, but because it was something he viewed as very special to a married couple so he wanted to tear that away from them.

When he was engaged to Bonnie, had they maybe gone and picked out their China pattern together?
Was this sore spot for him for when he did get married, they didn't have a China pattern and maybe his wife didn't want any.

When you find out how things such as jewelry was later just tossed, or photos ripped, it seems like it was more about hurting the victim even more and not about wanting a keepsake for himself.

For someone that supposedly didn’t own a TV, he certainly has or at least back in 2015, had a pretty impressive elevated digital antenna on his roof. I suppose he could have been using it for FW radio broadcast or perhaps monitoring police calls.
View attachment 133857
After posting this I did a little more research and it appears that the antenna is pointed to the NW, and directly at the Roseville Police Dept. which is about 4 miles away.

Do psychopaths go to mental hospitals? I think they would treat the whole thing like a joke.

A psychopath will always be a psychopath. There is no treatment. If they were ordered by a judge to go into treatment, they'd use the experience to learn how to become a better psychopath.

I missed the price. I was doing two things at once and had only scanned the article. Now I wonder if he kept it. It wouldn't be easy to sell imo.
He married in the fall of 1973. Looks like the China was stolen in October 1978. Five year anniversary gift? It's a stretch but possible.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

20180505_201840.jpg

Screenshot of HLN special on tv. It says it was a service for 14 including serving dishes. 14 karat gold edge with blue flowers. Packed in China preserving cases.

I can't find any source for it online. But just after his arrest, I heard or read somewhere that DeAngelo had several different email addresses. This led me to believe that LE must have confiscated a computer belonging to JJD.

I so want to find out what websites are in his browser history or what websites he's bookmarked (or pics he's downloaded and saved). I also want to find out if he's participated in any online discussion regarding EAR/ONS/GSK on any of the various crime sites, or at least lurked in the background (check his cookies, L.E.!). Maybe the pro board should take a roll call, lol.

Also... DeAngelo was obviously a sick, twisted individual who loved to torment his victims. I just wonder what sort of sick, deviated sex sites he might have visited or bookmarked to satisfy his urges since the advent of the Internet. Or whether there was any activity on his computer for the Dark Web. Because if he did stop raping and killing men and women after 1986, he had to get his jollies somehow. Deviant sex sites and the Dark Web seems like a good place for him.

I'm not a professional, but my thoughts are that the psychopathy is responsible for the horrible acts. There are arguments with professionals on psychopathy and in itself, my understanding, is that psychopathy is not an official diagnosis. It appears to be generally agreed by most professionals that a psychopath is a person who suffers from a personality disorder or personality disorders that are in the Cluster B spectrum. The Cluster B spectrum includes the anti-social personality disorder (sociopath) and it also includes the narcissistic personality disorder.

The Cluster B spectrum of personality disorders is the spectrum that involves the tendency to victimize others, have a lack of empathy, remorse, etc. The symptoms often overlap and it is possible for a person to be a narcissist and a sociopath and I believe those are the ones who are generally considered to be psychopaths.

But as psychopaths are human (hard to believe) they can also suffer from disorders like OCD, which might affect how they do certain things, like washing their hands multiple times each hour, but I don't think the OCD in itself, would be enough to cause a person to do the types of things DeAngelo is said to have done. Just my opinion, and I'm not a professional. I just had a very good reason in my life to become educated about the Cluster B's, unfortunately!

I haven't read all the pages in this thread yet, so this question may have already been "asked and answered", but...

Though DeAngelo will not be charged with any of the 40+ rapes he committed in Northern California because the "statue" of limitations has expired (that's my Seinfeld reference for the day), when the trial begins for the combined murders that he did commit, can prosecutors at least mention that six of the seven murdered women had also been raped by DeAngelo? Then again, wouldn't the prosecution have to mention that the women had been raped? After all, it was DeAngelo's DNA recovered from their bodies that eventually lead investigators to a suspect, right? As if murdering 12 people isn't enough to win an all-expense paid trip to death row, it would be tragic if the jurors didn't hear that DeAngelo had also raped the women before murdering them.

Yes, iirc, they can and plan to.

They never try to get treatment because they are not suffering. They just make other people suffer. Even if they know what they are, they don't feel like they need treatment, they usually just feel superior to others. And then there is no treatment, treatment makes them worse (see psychopaths in prison who get therapy there, they end up in prison again more often than the ones that didn't get therapy). They are born this way and their brains are wired in a very different way, I just hope one day they find some kind of treatment because there are so many out there and they cause so much damage. Even the ones that never end up in prison.

What I meant is that for serial killers "in the making", if they get caught, they won't get life in prison if they didn't kill anyone (yet), but they will if you let them out again, so they should have to stay in prison, but after their sentence is done should be transferred to a "psychiatric" prison because they stay a danger to society and can't be treated and can't be cured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member