CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He supposedly told the exotic dancer he had been a cop in the Bay area. It seems we only know of his time on the Exeter and Auburn forces because of archived news articles.
“It seems we only know of his time on the Exeter and Auburn forces because of archived news articles.”

If it hadn’t been for those articles I believe it would have been quite some time before it was disclosed that he had once been a cop.

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article210897179.html
District Attorney Joyce Dudley announced the charges had been filed in the 1979 slayings of Robert Offerman and Debra Manning and the 1981 slayings of Cheri Domingo and Gregory Sanchez.

"Violent cold cases never go cold for the victims, they never do," Dudley said in a brief news conference outside her office.
DeAngelo also faces four murder counts in Orange County and two in Ventura County. Dudley said she plans to meet with district attorneys from all the counties Friday at her office to discuss where and when his trial will take place.

“Prosecutors have filed four additional murder charges against a former police officer who authorities suspect was the Golden State Killer.

Santa Barbara County District Attorney Joyce Dudley announced the charges Thursday against Joseph James DeAngelo.

The 72-year-old suspect was previously charged with eight other counts of murder in Sacramento, Ventura and Orange counties.

He's suspected of committing at least a dozen murders and more than 50 rapes across California in the 1970s and '80s.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fornia-serial-killing-case.html#ixzz5F8tKBmjf

At the press conference today, the first question was someone asking about the attempted murder in Santa Barbara that many thought was done by the ONS.

Anyone know about that? The DA refused to answer the question.

At the press conference today, the first question was someone asking about the attempted murder in Santa Barbara that many thought was done by the ONS.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article209855844.html
[FONT=&amp]Updated April 30, 2018 04:20 PM[/FONT]
The arrest of a man believed to be the Golden State Killer could finally bring closure to families traumatized by three Santa Barbara County cases that took the lives of four Goleta residents.
[...]
The Original Night Stalker is linked to three crimes in Goleta: two double homicides committed in 1979 and 1981 and an attempted double homicide in 1979, according to the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office.

[...]
Authorities believe the Original Night Stalker first struck the Goleta area in October 1979, when he attacked a couple asleep in their home. The victims escaped, and the suspect fled on a stolen bicycle.

https://www.noozhawk.com/article/go...er_golden_state_killer_night_stalker_20160808
[FONT=rockingham_light]August 8, 2016
[...]
On Dec. 30, 1979, Dr. Robert Offerman, 44, and his girlfriend, Alexandria Manning, 35, were found shot to death in his condo on Avenida Pequena in Goleta. Both had been tied up prior to being killed.[/FONT]
Three months before the Offerman/Manning murders, a couple on nearby Queen Ann Lane were accosted, tied up and terrorized by a man, presumably the same suspect, but they managed to escape and flee the home and were not killed.
In a signature move, the couple were bound with pre-cut lengths of cord the intruder brought to the house.
With the similarities among the attacks and the proximity of the crime scenes — all of which were close to the San Jose Creek riparian corridor — there was speculation at the time that the murders and assaults could be related.
But no clear linkage was found, and authorities at the time discounted the possibility.
Without the benefit of DNA evidence, which was several years away from being commonly used in crime investigations, detectives did not have a lot to go on.
There had been a witness in the Queen Ann attack — a federal agent who lived across the street heard the woman’s screams and gave chase to the suspect, who fled on a bicycle and on foot and eluded capture as sheriff’s deputies closed in.
[...]

. . . fall of 1979. Abraham Himmel and Jennifer Horinek, both 33-year-old computer programmers, survived an attack in their Goleta home.

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/oct/03/news/mn-30326

DNA Tests Link Slayings in 3 Counties

Crimes: Authorities believe serial killer may have committed 10 murders in Orange, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties between 1979 and 1986.

October 03, 2000

[...]
The killer has left some broad clues. He is believed to be white. Sometimes he brought a German shepherd with him. Officials guess he was living in the Goleta area of Santa Barbara County when he surfaced.
Authorities say the series of crimes began in the fall of 1979. Abraham Himmel and Jennifer Horinek, both 33-year-old computer programmers, survived an attack in their Goleta home.
Himmel and Horinek were awakened at 2 a.m. when a young man shined a flashlight in their faces and commanded, "Wake up! Wake up!" The man seemed to talk through clenched teeth, telling them not to move or he would kill them, the couple said. "I gotta have money. I'll kill you. . . . Don't move or turn your head."
Before the assailant could carry out his threat, Horinek managed to flee into a side yard, allowing Himmel to escape.
It was described by investigators as "a practice murder" and was the first of three attacks over 18 months in the same neighborhood. Six people were assaulted in their bedrooms and four were killed.
[...]

I think there are even more, some that we mzy never know about.

What an evil monster. So happy he was caught.

“Prosecutors have filed four additional murder charges against a former police officer who authorities suspect was the Golden State Killer.

Santa Barbara County District Attorney Joyce Dudley announced the charges Thursday against Joseph James DeAngelo.

The 72-year-old suspect was previously charged with eight other counts of murder in Sacramento, Ventura and Orange counties.

He's suspected of committing at least a dozen murders and more than 50 rapes across California in the 1970s and '80s.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fornia-serial-killing-case.html#ixzz5F8tKBmjf

I'm not opposed to JJD having an accomplice in a few of the cases. Someone close to him who also has robbery on his rap sheet.

As per my notes, I believe that is the unsuccessful attack of a Santa Barbara couple that occurred on Oct. 1, 1979. That attack (No. 51) was GSK's first known attack in Southern California, and the last time GSK's intended victims would escape unharmed. A knife was left behind at the scene.

His previously attack to that was on July 6th, 1979 in Danville, California. That unsuccessful attack (No. 50) was GSK's last known attack in Northern California. That couple also escaped unharmed.

* There was one more unsuccessful incident attributed to GSK in Santa Barbara. On Dec. 29th, 1979, GSK breaks into an empty home. The homeowners return home close to midnight to find their dog beaten. GSK is already gone.

Hope this helps.

According to Dixiegirl's post it was the entire set, including serving dishes.
Don't forget the silverware... He took that, too. Another heavy item to carry.

ETA. Dang! Didn't realize I was two days behind!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Details previously*reported by*The Sacramento Bee*said DeAngelo is divorced, that he lived with a daughter and granddaughter, that he went by “Joe,” and that he said he recently retired

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...-charges-against-golden-state-killer-suspect/

First I've seen he's divorced. I wonder if they got this right.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BBM. I am pretty sure that I would be reported as being divorced too, but I am not. My husband and I separated 27 years ago and have never divorced.

"Sometimes he brought a German shepherd with him."

@ SS
strange MO

Don't forget the silverware... He took that, too. Another heavy item to carry.

ETA. Dang! Didn't realize I was two days behind!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That sounds so risky compared to his normal MO. They must have really needed plates and silver at his house. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds so risky compared to his normal MO. They must have really needed plates and silver at his house. :/

Did he have an impoverished childhood, that his friend's parents had those things and his didn't?

Did he have an impoverished childhood, that his friend's parents had those things and his didn't?

I dunno. It’s all so bizarre. I mean let’s say he stole all the silverware and china. That’s hard t hide if he didn’t toss them on his way home.

Another absolutely fascinating episode of the 12-26-75 podcast is now available:

https://soundcloud.com/12-26-75/ep-16-ps-where-are-my-pants

They state that they have almost completed Episode 17, but this is an almost one hour post-script to Episode 16.

Yet again it contain dozens of new crimes that may well have been committed by JJD while living in Exeter.

Short summary:

1.) JJD may have been an "Exeter Ransacker" at the same time he was the Visalia Ransacker. Similar items (including a LOT of firearms) were being stolen, the same homes being attacked repeatedly, ransacking, stealing rare coins, raiding piggy banks etc...

2.) Dozens of serious arson attacks and dozens of nuisance crimes (damaging an entire car-park full of cars at the same time, smashing windows in homes and businesses to set off alarms etc...) apparently began as soon as JJD moved to Exeter and greatly reduced as soon as he left Exeter. Their current theory is JJD was committing many of these crimes to keep the single on-duty police officer in Exeter busy, and thus give JJD the freedom to peep, prowl, stalk etc...

3.) They have found what sound like JJD crimes back as far as 1968...

Available on iTunes... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member