CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s been debunked by Australian authorities. Don’t have time to search for a link right now, but I believe it was dna that ruled him out. I’ll look for a link later.

Also, I believe it was his father, JJD Sr., who served in Australia. JJD Jr, aka GSK/EAR/ONS/VRS, served in the Navy, not the Marines. There’s been a lot of confusion about the military service because he, his father and his brother all served in the military at some point. So some wires are getting crossed.

MOO

Could be.

The similarities are very striking. What are the odds that two perps are -that- similar? I don't think Mr. Cruel was a copycat as the EAR crimes weren't known in Australia. I mean, Mr. Cruel also said "Don't worry, all I want is money", just like EAR.

It's baffling.

I would imagine it's not so uncommon for a violent attacker to suggest he only wants money to keep his victims from freaking out and panicking. Who knows.

I think that's the real motive. He stole it because he could, it gave him the thrill to steal. Maybe broke it, tossed it and thought it was funny or worse gave it to his wife knowing full well where it came from. Maybe gave him some sadistic thrill to see it everyday and his wife was none-the-wiser.

Is it possible he's a kleptomaniac?

Could be.

The similarities are very striking. What are the odds that two perps are -that- similar? I don't think Mr. Cruel was a copycat as the EAR crimes weren't known in Australia. I mean, Mr. Cruel also said "Don't worry, all I want is money", just like EAR.

It's baffling.

Ok, here’s the link...
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/australia-mr-cruel-golden-state-killer-ear-links-12860517.php

From the article...
Australian law enforcement, for one, isn't convinced the California killer emerged in their backyard.
"Victoria Police is aware of the matter regarding the Golden State Killer in the U.S.," police wrote in a statement to the Australian.
"This was reviewed in relation to the outstanding Mr. Cruel *investigations in Victoria and any connection has been ruled out."
If Mr. Cruel is still alive, he would likely be close to 70 years old.

MOO

Anyone know when the china was stolen (or the victim/s)?

Since these were heavy, is it possible he didn't actually take them... Just left them stashed nearby? Similar to his (purposefully) leaving Witthuhn's TV by the fence?

Could be.

It's baffling.
Maybe the accomplice moves to Australia. Someone close to him with a rap sheet as well.

Wonder if GGK somehow twisted and obsessed over things associated with his mother working at a restaurant?

Such as placing ( setting the table ) dishes on victim's back, stealing silverware, banging pots and pans, cooking, eating going back and forth into the room, leaving a mess ect.?
Coins taken ( tips ) odds and ends of items, lost and found.
speculation, imo.

Wonder if GGK somehow twisted and obsessed over things associated with his mother working at a restaurant?

Such as placing ( setting the table ) dishes on victim's back, stealing silverware, banging pots and pans, cooking, eating going back and forth into the room, leaving a mess ect.?
Coins taken ( tips ) odds and ends of items, lost and found.
speculation, imo.

Could be!

His stacking dishes still weirds me out - dunno why I'm stuck on it.

Could be.

It's baffling.

Here’s another link, to The Australian article...
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...l/news-story/6c91599d9be8db79a7a33bd814b097a0

Crime buffs have discussed the similarities on a range of online forums, but police dismiss any link.

Former Victorian detective Chris O’Connor, who worked on the Spectrum taskforce set up to catch Mr Cruel, said sexual *offenders commonly shared behavioural traits.

But apparently there is no DNA in the Mr Cruel case...
Mr Cruel forced his victims to wash and his DNA was not recovered.

MOO

Could be!

His stacking dishes still weirds me out - dunno why I'm stuck on it.

I agree that the similarities are intriguing but -- MO, timing and opportunity aside -- I think the level of threat in the Mr Cruel crimes is different enough to rule out JJD. If risk + power = satisfaction for JJD, then a noticeable reduction in either of those factors may not be compensated for by a gain in the other one. I just don't see abduction of a minor being rewarding enough for him over a series of several crimes, despite the precedent of the Snelling case. He isn't in their house, he isn't terrorizing an adult or couple, he just isn't enacting the same level of power in those scenarios. Just IMO.

https://www.dollartimes.com/calculate/bmi/68/230

BMI for a 5'8", 230 pound man = 35.0 = Obese: BMI of 30 or greater

ref: JJD driver's license / M0109518

Do you have a source of where you got JJD's drivers license number/info? I'm having trouble thinking of a legal source for that info.

Regarding the comment about why were unmarried couples being targeted. I can't remember the year it ended, but all California drivers licenses showed marital status. With JJD's position as a police officer, a possible scenario--see a woman in a car, run the license plate to get the name and address. Then run the name through drivers license and see "single." Potential victim. Just my opinion, but it certainly would have worked. Would be nice if records went back that far to see who's records he was accessing.

Also, I have to throw this in regarding the china/silver. I keep seeing all the ransack crimes, taking this little thing/that little thing. Then this one house where he takes, what? $17,000 worth of stuff (I need to go back and find that exact one, but it was china/silver/jewelry and other items.) Seems out of character. And he must have taken all that stuff because insurance fraud by homeowners doesn't even exist, right? Just leaving it out there.

Could be.

It's baffling.

It is so crazy. Does he have a brother?!!

Is it possible he's a kleptomaniac?

I don't so I think it's much more thrill-seeking driven rather than an impulse that he ashamed of, however an expert in that field could shed light on it.

Do you have a source of where you got JJD's drivers license number/info? I'm having trouble thinking of a legal source for that info.

Regarding the comment about why were unmarried couples being targeted. I can't remember the year it ended, but all California drivers licenses showed marital status. With JJD's position as a police officer, a possible scenario--see a woman in a car, run the license plate to get the name and address. Then run the name through drivers license and see "single." Potential victim. Just my opinion, but it certainly would have worked. Would be nice if records went back that far to see who's records he was accessing.

Also, I have to throw this in regarding the china/silver. I keep seeing all the ransack crimes, taking this little thing/that little thing. Then this one house where he takes, what? $17,000 worth of stuff (I need to go back and find that exact one, but it was china/silver/jewelry and other items.) Seems out of character. And he must have taken all that stuff because insurance fraud by homeowners doesn't even exist, right? Just leaving it out there.
"Do you have a source of where you got JJD's drivers license number/info?"

It’s on the last page of the indictment that’s posted at the Santa Barbara’s District Attorney Website.

https://www.countyofsb.org/da/msm_county/documents/josephjamesdangelofelonycomplaint.pdf

Ok, here’s the link...
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/australia-mr-cruel-golden-state-killer-ear-links-12860517.php

From the article...
Australian law enforcement, for one, isn't convinced the California killer emerged in their backyard.
"Victoria Police is aware of the matter regarding the Golden State Killer in the U.S.," police wrote in a statement to the Australian.
"This was reviewed in relation to the outstanding Mr. Cruel *investigations in Victoria and any connection has been ruled out."
If Mr. Cruel is still alive, he would likely be close to 70 years old.

MOO

Thank you. I am not saying they are one and the same. I just found the similarities striking, down to Mr. Cruel and EAR saying very similar things. There are some differences as well. I have not read anything about Mr. Cruel using mock phonecalls for example. I am, however, pretty certain Cruel also has a background in law enforcement.

EAR is shrewd, and capable of changing his MO and targets. The only things he cared about was terror and destruction. Sexual gratification is not his prime motivation ("he raped without gusto, with a member that wasn't fully erect") so the younger targets Cruel picked aren't -that- telling.

Will be interesting to see how this all develops.

I totally agree with you on the china. Piggy banks, a single earring, green stamps, drivers licenses, photos, ...and then an entire set of china, complete with silverware. Doesn’t fit. (eta: OTOH, IIRC, this case was in Concord, so he likely had a car nearby since it was further from his home than his earlier crimes.)

Re: unmarried couples. Don’t know about the couples in the EAR attacks, but the 2 couples in the Santa Barbara charges from yesterday were both unmarried. But they were in SoCal, after he had been fired from the Auburn PD. Unless he got another job in LE after that (which I haven’t heard), I doubt he’d have had access to run a plate at that time.

MOO

I agree that the similarities are intriguing but -- MO, timing and opportunity aside -- I think the level of threat in the Mr Cruel crimes is different enough to rule out JJD. If risk + power = satisfaction for JJD, then a noticeable reduction in either of those factors may not be compensated for by a gain in the other one. I just don't see abduction of a minor being rewarding enough for him over a series of several crimes, despite the precedent of the Snelling case. He isn't in their house, he isn't terrorizing an adult or couple, he just isn't enacting the same level of power in those scenarios. Just IMO.

Hm, I don't agree entirely. Having your child abducted and potentially murdered is a parent's worst nightmare. And the Cruel crimes sparked a lot of fear in the neighborhoods the crimes took place in. Cruel DID terrorize those people.

I'd think that if people thought that people abducting guinea pigs is the scariest thing ever, then EAR may just have abducted guinea pigs.

He is an attention seeker and a fearmonger. Nothing else.

I'm thinking he had a storage place somewhere. He stole way too much stuff to take it all home. Including large, bulky things. That way he could go check it out and admire all his loot.

https://www.countyofsb.org/da/msm_county/documents/josephjamesdangelofelonycomplaint.pdf

Bottom of warrant by defendant's name,
description plus driver's license number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong