CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes sense when you put it in the black and white context. It does not mean those cravings go away but he recognized he just might not get away with it much longer for the fact of his age related abilities. And also the fact that DNA was coming into play in 1986. It's hard to fathom though they just quit. What do they do with those feelings? He was so prolific in robberies, rapes, and murders. Thank you for your observations.

There was an article (not MSM) that said he frequented a strip club and was a regular right up until he was arrested. Not sure if this is true, but if it is, maybe he was going there to play out his fantasies in his mind? I listened to Dennis Rader's full confession last night and it sounds like his actions were driven by a fantasy he kept completely to himself. It's not a stretch for me to think that is also the case with the GSK.

BTK/Dennis Rader used to relive the memories by looking at the photos he took of his victims, the things he stole, he used to write accounts of the murders. He also used to fantasise about killing other women - he would cut pictures out of magazines and then draw ligatures around their hands, feet, necks. He also read a lot of gory, fetish-type murder stories. He harassed a lot of women in his job as a compliance officer, stuff like measuring their grass with a ruler and writing out numerous fines and warnings for miniscule infractions. He stalked other women and wrote accounts about it. He used to dress himself up in women’s clothing, pretend to hang himself, and have a camera rigged up to take photos. He kept it very separate from his family life, and somehow it was enough for him. The police found all of this stuff in his house.

There was an article (not MSM) that said he frequented a strip club and was a regular right up until he was arrested. Not sure if this is true, but if it is, maybe he was going there to play out his fantasies in his mind? I listened to Dennis Rader's full confession last night and it sounds like his actions were driven by a fantasy he kept completely to himself. It's not a stretch for me to think that is also the case with the GSK.

Since my mind does not think like theirs, it can be mind boggling and hard to contemplate that this is who they are by whatever means before, during, and after they began. This helps assist in partially answering all those unknowns as to what they might do after they can no longer be physically violently active. I'm glad the proof was in BTK house. That BTK was something else after he quit. Evilness to that degree is unimaginable. I hope GSK left clues too.

I like to fantasize positive and happy things. Thank you both.
I M O.

Since my mind does not think like theirs, it can be mind boggling and hard to contemplate that this is who they are by whatever means before, during, and after they began. This helps assist in partially answering all those unknowns as to what they might do after they can no longer be physically violently active. I'm glad the proof was in BTK house. That BTK was something else after he quit. Evilness to that degree is unimaginable. I hope GSK left clues too.

I like to fantasize positive and happy things. Thank you both.
I M O.

Though I think being an investigator would be fascinating work, it would also have it's drawbacks in that they would have to "think" like the psychopath in order to understand them and catch them. Scary!

"molly1255": Great insight. Where was Dennis Rader's confession you listened to?

BTK/Dennis Rader used to relive the memories by looking at the photos he took of his victims, the things he stole, he used to write accounts of the murders. He also used to fantasise about killing other women - he would cut pictures out of magazines and then draw ligatures around their hands, feet, necks. He also read a lot of gory, fetish-type murder stories. He harassed a lot of women in his job as a compliance officer, stuff like measuring their grass with a ruler and writing out numerous fines and warnings for miniscule infractions. He stalked other women and wrote accounts about it. He used to dress himself up in women’s clothing, pretend to hang himself, and have a camera rigged up to take photos. He kept it very separate from his family life, and somehow it was enough for him. The police found all of this stuff in his house.

Where did you read this?

Where did you read this?
I own Bind Torture Kill: The Inside Story of the Serial Killer Next Door. It was written by four reporters from the Wichita Eagle. It’s a good book, IMO. Very detailed. These reporters were around when BTK resurfaced and personally knew the police officers investigating, so the research is sound. This stuff about BTK was pretty widely reported in other media too, but btk is old news now and harder to find the original stories.

ETA: Check our Ch 47 specifically, where a detailed list of what was found at Rader’s house was documented.

"molly1255": Great insight. Where was Dennis Rader's confession you listened to?

You can find it on You Tube - just do a search for Dennis Rader full confession. It is definitely worth watching and it gives a real insight to the guy.

I own Bind Torture Kill: The Inside Story of the Serial Killer Next Door. It was written by four reporters from the Wichita Eagle. It’s a good book, IMO. Very detailed. These reporters were around when BTK resurfaced and personally knew the police officers investigating, so the research is sound. This stuff about BTK was pretty widely reported in other media too, but btk is old news now and harder to find the original stories.

ETA: Check our Ch 47 specifically, where a detailed list of what was found at Rader’s house was documented.

I might have to get that book. It sounds interesting. Does it say whether his wife knew about the things he brought home or did he hide them from her?

I might have to get that book. It sounds interesting. Does it say whether his wife knew about the things he brought home or did he hide them from her?
She had no idea about the murders or about the stuff he had kept, or about his fantasy life.

She had no idea about the murders or about the stuff he had kept, or about his fantasy life.

How could she not know about the stuff he kept .Was it in her home or in storage somewhere? You would not notice that your husband kept women's underwear and their driving licenses? Multiples of them?

BTK had a locked shed in the back of the property. No one was allowed in it. The whole family obeyed that rule. I can think of no reason for a spouse to have a private, locked, shed—no reason that isn’t nefarious. A shed. Who does that???

nonchalantly
he refers to potential victims as projects
@ 25 trolling progresses to stalking
(lock in to a certain person and they become the victim),
refers to people as 'possibile'
he talks to and calms the victim down before binding them
cut phone lines
took personal items
when it was a control situation where
he had more time, then he would take objects
redresses, resituates victims
masterbates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRwrUI8VbKs

daughter says he relishes attention

nonchalantly
he refers to potential victims as projects
@ 25 trolling progresses to stalking
(lock in to a certain person and they become the victim),
refers to people as 'possibile'
he talks to and calms the victim down before binding them
cut phone lines
took personal items
when it was a control situation where
he had more time, then he would take objects
redresses, resituates victims
masterbates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRwrUI8VbKs

daughter says he relishes attention

Watch this one if you want to see how he really thinks: You have to watch the whole thing to get to it. From the interviews I've seen with Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy, it is very similar in that they are really pleased with themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy_DC-OzriE

Thanks, "sunnybree", but what do you mean by "ETA: Check our Ch 47 specifically, where a detailed list of what was found at Rader’s house was documented."??

What is "our Ch 47"?

(O/T, this technology/approach will likely catch other killers as well, imo:

Aurora cold case investigators seek genealogy DNA link to solve notorious hammer murders
Similar efforts broke Golden State Killer case
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...gy-dna-link-to-solve-notorious-hammer-murders

"AURORA, Colo. -- Weeks after cold case investigators used DNA sent to popular genealogy websites to catch the notorious suspected Golden State Killer in California, a detective in Aurora is hoping for the same kind of break to find the killer behind a string of violent hammer attacks that have been unsolved for more than 30 years.

Detective Steve Conner confirms he is in the process of attempting a similar method used by the Golden State Killer investigators to use genealogy DNA databases to locate family members of the hammer-wielding murderer who terrorized the Denver metro for a 10-day period in 1984."

Snip

"Last year Conner commissioned a sketch created by DNA profilers to show what the killer may have looked like. He also worked with a forensic genealogist who determined a possible last name for the murderer: Ewing. But those clues have not led to any breaks in the case.

The name is not tied to a specific family tree, Conner told Contact7 investigative reporter Jace Larson.

Now, Detective Conner has worked with two experts from different companies who have access to public genealogy DNA databases in hopes of finding the killer’s relatives and following a trail to the killer’s doorstep."

CO - Bruce, 27, Debra, 26, & Melissa Bennett, 7, Aurora, 16 Jan 1984
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-7-Aurora-16-Jan-1984&p=14106309#post14106309 )

BTK had a locked shed in the back of the property. No one was allowed in it. The whole family obeyed that rule. I can think of no reason for a spouse to have a private, locked, shed—no reason that isn’t nefarious. A shed. Who does that???

Most souses would get curious and peek esp. nosey children. If it was me I'd investigate!

Most souses would get curious and peek esp. nosey children. If it was me I'd investigate!

I suspect Rader's family members were curious about the shed, but were afraid of facing his anger. They would have had to break the lock on the shed and he would have known. Even if they did this and saw the items in the shed, they had no clue he was BTK and probably wouldn't have put two and two together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong