CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just now logging back on after a while off so pardon me if I've missed a few posts (or threads) and I'm also trying to adjust to the new WS format. Is it just me or does JJD look like he's been having a rough time behind bars? I mean he didn't look good before...haggardly and mean with a scowl. But thinner now. Wasnt he on a hunger strike? Maybe he thought he was going to make it back home for that pot roast. It's nice to think after decades of being comfortable in his home and bed, he is now confined in small intolerable cage with his world closed in on him.

Here’s one of the latest Sacramento Bee articles that has the documents attached plus has excerpts of the rulings and reasonings for such made by Judge Sweet this afternoon.

“Sweet said he recognized media outlets' First Amendment right to the information, with the qualification that his duty is to protect the rights of the defendant at trial.

Details related to homicides could be unsealed, Sweet said, adding that DeAngelo has been charged with the offenses and information is already in the public domain.

But information related to sex crime allegations will remain under seal, Sweet ruled, agreeing with defense attorneys that "widespread public dissemination may result in inaccurate, inadmissible information."

"The defendant is not charged" with sex crimes, Sweet said. Information about possible sex crimes, the judge said, would prejudice his right to a fair trial.

"No right ranks higher than the defendant's right to a fair trial," Sweet said.”

How detectives collected DNA samples from the East Area Rapist suspect

Lots of redactions.
Any guesses as to the redacted 'descriptor' wrt MO?

p79
"The ______[e] M.O. a[nd] _________ evolves over the course of the series."
______ M.O., 6/7 letter, ends in e?
and signature?

Last edited:
Tadpole12 post: 14136465 said:
Lots of redactions.
Any guesses as to the redacted 'descriptor' wrt MO?
Something to do with baby lotion?

On second thoughts, is it " the rape M.O. evolves...." perhaps?

The judge does not want the rape and sexual assault details publicised as JJD has not been charged with them and he wants to preserve his rights of a fair trial bladi blah blah.....

Give me strength. What about those poor victims' rights? And the MO must be relevant because the SoCal murdered females were raped.

MOO

Last edited:
The McGowan attemped murder is described interestingly. The perp spoke with a high pitched effeminate voice before shooting at McGowan . This may be the 'female voice' some have reported hearing at other crime scenes.

MOO

worked for two police depts. Ugh, a fox hiding in plain sight in the hen house. Scary. So glad he was finally captured! No telling how many other crimes were committed that he wasn't caught for.

Wondering what this is supposed to mean?
Did he write something with fluids as if at summer camp drawing/writing "secret" messages with lemon juice?
Colour highlighted, bm.
DNA from tissue left in trash can led to Golden State Killer arrest
June 2, 2018
"SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- DNA from a tissue left in a trash can led authorities in April to arrest a former police officer suspected of being California's notorious, elusive Golden State Killer, according to warrants released Friday."

"A 25-year-old woman in the neighbourhood reported finding shoeprints outside her bedroom window and drawings in what appeared to be bodily fluids, according to the affidavit."

I noticed he also attended a 400 hour security course at the college that Prof Snelling worked at according to the affidavit. 10 week course I guess? I wonder if there was a break in the crimes then?

2Hope4 post : 14136878 said:
worked for two police depts. Ugh, a fox hiding in plain sight in the hen house. Scary. So glad he was finally captured! No telling how many other crimes were committed that he wasn't caught for.

He also had a realtor license in the late 70s to early 80s
<snipped>

Hi Charlie Pool, welcome to Websleuths. Just want to make you aware that WS requires links to MSM (main stream media) or LE (law enforcement) for statements of fact. Rumors are not allowed, nor are links to social media or random blogs (possible exceptions for MSM social media links).

All that said, do you have a link for the claim that he had a realtor license in the late 70s to early 80s? I haven’t read that anywhere, but admittedly haven’t read thru the newly released documents thoroughly.

ETA: If no link, you can still post it as an opinion or speculation. You just need to make sure that’s clear in your post.

Would really like to know what it was that led police to Deangelo. I understand they got DNA from his trash and now reading his car door handle, but still no info on how they came to surveil Deangelo. How many men of his age are living in California or the US for that matter and they just pick this one man??? Family or friend must have tipped off LE, I’m sure.

Would really like to know what it was that led police to Deangelo. I understand they got DNA from his trash and now reading his car door handle, but still no info on how they came to surveil Deangelo. How many men of his age are living in California or the US for that matter and they just pick this one man??? Family or friend must have tipped off LE, I’m sure.
They ran the DNA from the crime scenes through a genealogy website called GEDMatch, where they got a match to his great, great, great grandfather. They then had to go through the family tree until they came up with people who were in the relative locations, during the years of the crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects