CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claus P. Speth, the "meticulous pathologist" in Ventura County, routinely made two rape kits. One was kept frozen. Because of this practice, Det. Holes had the "pristine" (frozen) DNA sample to upload to GEDmatch. When GEDmatch matched the sample to a profile of a distant relative (distant cousin IIRC), LE then had to trace the family tree up to a common relative (great-great grandparent, IIRC) and then down the tree to identify living relatives of the approximate age of the suspect and living in or near the California cities in which the crimes occurred during the time period in which they occurred.
Claus P. Speth, the unsung hero.

I think you meant 2001.
bbm

This makes it sound like the DNA in the other rapes had not been destroyed but rather depleted.

Yes, thank you! It was a typo - I mean to say 2001.

I think you’re right about the rape kit DNA, too. iirc, the rape kits in one county were preserved because the police believed the cases were linked and brutal, but that wasn’t common procedure for rape kits in most counties at the time. They’d be tossed when the statute of limitations expired. Though the Lyman case was rape/murder, so it was treated differently. But yes, the DNA samples were depleted, as well.

Thanks for posting!
Suspected East Area Rapist’s Estranged Wife Releases a Statement
"Sharon Huddle, who has been cooperating with investigators, requested a statement be released on her behalf through the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.

“My thoughts and prayers are for the victims and their families. The press has relentlessly pursued interviews of me. I will not be giving any interviews for the foreseeable future. I ask the press to please respect my privacy and that of my children.”"

Thanks for posting!
"Sharon Huddle, who has been cooperating with investigators, requested a statement be released on her behalf through the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.

“My thoughts and prayers are for the victims and their families. The press has relentlessly pursued interviews of me. I will not be giving any interviews for the foreseeable future. I ask the press to please respect my privacy and that of my children.”"

MOO

I don't think much of that statement TBH.

If she knew/suspected nothing then why not say so.

I am reminded of the Yorkshire Ripper's wife - many suspected she had to have known but we never heard her story.

I think this will be the similar.

Last edited:
To share a perspective on the above few posts:

I worked for many years in an area that dealt with fraud. The hardest part in training was getting people to "see fraud." The paperwork "looked" ok, the customer had a good story, so it must be ok.

I think that's true of life. Your spouse's activity should be raising red flags, but people are so used to seeing/expecting the good side that they just don't go there. Plus there's the whole "if I go there will I find out he's been cheating" thing, and (my opinion) people often ignore things that others later think they should have questioned.

Difficult time for all involved.

'
Thanks for posting!

MOO

I am reminded of the Yorkshire Ripper's wife - many suspected she had to have known but we never heard her story.

I think this will be the similar.

Ya, the statement's a bit lacking,
11 words
“My thoughts and prayers are for the victims and their families."

but no follow through wrt the gravity and loss of the situation.

But I do imagine the press to be her relentless pursuers.

for the foreseeable future = waiting for best offer?

News 'Exclusives': How Much Did They Pay?

Home movies and photos:

"According to a story in The New York Times, ABC News denies paying Dugard for the interview. But that same story, published June 12, cites an unnamed "former longtime ABC News executive" who says the network earlier paid a six-figure amount for home movies of Dugard.

During Wednesday's Primetime Nightline, anchor Moran noted in passing that a licensing fee had been paid for home movies of Caylee provided by Casey Anthony's parents. Reportedly, $200,000 was paid for footage that previously had aired across ABC News "platforms" and was recycled on Primetime Nightline. The Times says that the fee paid by ABC eventually "found its way" into Casey Anthony's defense fund.

For shame."

MOO

Well it does say she's been working with the investigators... If she's going to be or is supplying them with info or possibly testifying she can't go doing interviews or that could possibly taint the evidence she supplying and or taint the jury pool which they have been very careful to avoid thus far... that's what all the redactions in the Warrants are and arrest papers are guarding against

Well it does say she's been working with the investigators... If she's going to be or is supplying them with info or possibly testifying she can't go doing interviews or that could possibly taint the evidence she supplying and or taint the jury pool which they have been very careful to avoid thus far... that's what all the redactions in the Warrants are and arrest papers are guarding against
Well, she could have said that if that is the case - it would stop reporters pestering them. I certainly hope she is cooperating but what would the situation be if the Citrus Heights house was partly purchased with proceeds from those crimes?

MOO

Well, she could have said that if that is the case - it would stop reporters pestering them. I certainly hope she is cooperating but what would the situation be if the Citrus Heights house was partly purchased with proceeds from those crimes?

MOO
from the Fox link above

"Sharon Huddle, who has been cooperating with investigators, requested a statement be released on her behalf through the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department."

as for the house, I'm sure that's something they are trying to weed through although it was so long ago and with the SOL having long passed I imagine it's more for information gathering than anything else. even if they found the property was bought with $$$ generated from stolen items there's nothing they can do about it.. Not sure how deep they'll go into the financials of it all unless it specifically ties him to one of the crimes he can be charged with

I'll have to look again at the warrant. I can't remember if the items listed are tied to particular crimes. i would think that they must be connected to the murders, which have no SOL, because that is what he has been charged with.

="noodled1, post: 14152940, member: 96775"]from the Fox link above

"Sharon Huddle, who has been cooperating with investigators, requested a statement be released on her behalf through the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department."

as for the house, I'm sure that's something they are trying to weed through although it was so long ago and with the SOL having long passed I imagine it's more for information gathering than anything else. even if they found the property was bought with $$$ generated from stolen items there's nothing they can do about it.. Not sure how deep they'll go into the financials of it all unless it specifically ties him to one of the crimes he can be charged with
[/QUOTE]
Ill

'

Ya, the statement's a bit lacking,
11 words
“My thoughts and prayers are for the victims and their families."

but no follow through wrt the gravity and loss of the situation.

But I do imagine the press to be her relentless pursuers.

for the foreseeable future = waiting for best offer?

Respectable news outlets don’t pay for interviews. Ever. With the press hounding her like they are, she knows this, imo.

She wants her privacy. She’s a private citizen and has been charged with no crime. I would want my privacy, too, and I would ask for it. If she sees any signs of Deangelo’s violence — in retrospect, imo, she probably does — she is a victim. I don’t believe she was complicit in any purposeful way.

I would think she’s gotta be miserable right now, and deserves the time to deal with it as privately as possible. Moo

Respectable news outlets don’t pay for interviews. Ever. With the press hounding her like they are, she knows this, imo.

She wants her privacy. She’s a private citizen and has been charged with no crime. I would want my privacy, too, and I would ask for it. If she sees any signs of Deangelo’s violence — in retrospect, imo, she probably does — she is a victim. I don’t believe she was complicit in any purposeful way.

I would think she’s gotta be miserable right now, and deserves the time to deal with it as privately as possible. Moo
I am in two minds about this. I wonder what she thought about him being out at all hours of the night and coming home with sets of silverware and dinnerware? Wouldn't you think that he was up to something nefarious, especially if it had been reported that those items were taken from the murder scenes?

I am in two minds about this. I wonder what she thought about him being out at all hours of the night and coming home with sets of silverware and dinnerware? Wouldn't you think that he was up to something nefarious, especially if it had been reported that those items were taken from the murder scenes?
Unless he had a storage unit he deposited everything into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa