CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by SecretAgentMan, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall.

There's always the chance that the person my friends saw on the neighbors roof was some other miscreant and not the EAR. Same with the guy driving the VW.

Just think if everyone had cell phones and there was a 911 system in 1978. My friend could have called in and said he was chasing the EAR along with a vehicle description. The police would have let my friend pull over while they continued the pursuit of the VW.

Man things have changed over the years.

2. Orville Butch

Orville Butch Member

Lol I'm stupid I read it as she babysit him as a child

3. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

The way Mr. Cruels victims were tied up and immobilized was the thing most similar to me. And the possible dates seem to fit with him stopping in US and then Austrailia issues with Mr. Cruel starting. I have to read more about Mr Cruels cases as today was the first I even heard about it.

Obviously all it would take is DNA testing if they have any DNA from Mr. Cruels cases. That would be one way to rule in or rule out him.

4. winelover

winelover Active Member

I wonder if this is what happened too? That somebody in his family might have done one of those DNA kits that are so common these days? They get a hit for familial and then go through relatives who it could possibly be? Then follow him to get his discarded DNA, they test it and it's a match?

This is the piece that really intrigues me. If he wasn't on their radar, how did all of a sudden he get on it? Unless his daughter living in the house came across something that alerted her suspicion (if she found ids she could google their names) and tipped the police?

Obviously I have no idea but this is the part of the story I'm really waiting to come out.

And the look on his face in his mugshot is so stunned that he was caught. Michelle McNamera's letter to him in was really great to read. She was so right when she wrote this in "I'll Be Gone in the Dark"

"But your heyday prowess has no value anymore. Your skill set has been phased out. The tables have been turned. Virtual windows are opening all around you. You, the master watcher, are an aging, lumbering target in their crosshairs."

5. Kodiak

Kodiak Active Member

I use GEDmatch. If you have only tested with only one commercial testing company like 23andMe, FTDNA, or AncestryDNA you can upload your DNA raw data file to see others that match you that test with the other companies. Your match list is much more extensive and long because it includes all the matches from the other companies you haven't tested with. It's growing even more because MyHeritiage and WeGene are now included.

But I wouldn't rule out LE submitting DeAngelo's DNA to FTDNA for a Big-Y test to genetically trace his Y-DNA lineage to his surname. I took the test and it revealed my surname matching with other men and their distant male ancestors with the same surname.

6. KALI

KALI Well-Known Member

What a horrific, mean Monster.
    Monster.
    God. Thank you for DNA.

7. Owutatangledweb

Owutatangledweb Well-Known Member

So where in this timeline does Vietnam fit in? What years and HOW LONG was he in the service?

8. Kodiak

Kodiak Active Member

Yeah, it was a BTK site devoted to the crimes at the time. It's now defunct I hear, but if you use the Internet Time Machine aka the Wayback Machine, you might be able to pull it up. I remember some Websleuthers referencing it a few years back. I have no idea though on what it was called or its domain.

9. Mamamerced

Mamamerced Well-Known Member

I have no idea. However, I read today, in some article (I don't remember where) that a living victim said she could hear him in another room sobbing and crying, "mummy, mummy, mummy", after he had raped her.

10. Dumas911

Dumas911 Member

It looks like dried blood to me. Above his left eye is a blood smear. Guess he didn’t come completely peacefully! Lol

11. insatiable

insatiable Well-Known Member

12. Dumas911

Dumas911 Member

Because just like any other citizen they have a right to privacy. Granted it might solve more cases, and I would’ve had no problem giving mine while I was an officer, but it still falls under the 4th amendment. Same reason the data bases from 23 and Me, etc... are not searchable to police.

13. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

14. PricklyPear

PricklyPear New Member

This would add another murder to his list - Claude Snelling, who the Visalia Ransacker shot and killed while attempting to abduct his daughter Beth Snelling. The bullets in the murder matched a gun stolen in one of the confirmed Ransacker burglaries.

15. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Whether he had some kind of childhood trauma or abandonment issue regarding his mummy, I couldn't give a flying fig. There are thousands who have had severe trauma in their lives and don't resort to raping 51 women an murdering 12 people (or more). I have no idea what the ***'s psyche made him into this monster...but likely there is something off, maybe his tiny penis , or he's just a bad seed. May he rot in prison.

16. PricklyPear

PricklyPear New Member

Apparently the Visalia Ransacker used dishes as an alarm system much like EAR/ONS did. Or at least, I read that in one of the several articles I read earlier today (I think one of the ones at the Visalia Herald-Delta).

17. Mamamerced

Mamamerced Well-Known Member

Just sharing the information, Whitelilac. I found it interesting.

18. PricklyPear

PricklyPear New Member

19. LotusPawprint

LotusPawprint Moderately-known member

Patton Oswalt is a guest on Seth Meyers' show airing tonight (now)... He will be on in 20, 25 minutes. Not sure how much he'll get into the developments as the show is taped in the afternoon sometime but might be worth tuning into.

20. PricklyPear

PricklyPear New Member

Roger Kibbe, who was also local to Sacramento and the brother of a homicide detective, used that to avoid capture while killing in the 1970s and 1980s. He would pick up a woman in one county and take her to another before killing her, knowing that the departments wouldn't talk much. Even after they figured out the I-5 Strangler was one guy, communication was not great.

I'm not at all surprised to find that JJD knew and used the same information as a police officer, at least while in Auburn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.