CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
so are you saying, he was already in the house when the owner got home?

my family has always been super security conscious....and we lived in a ''not good'' area
I ''constantly'' give my kids security tips
but it's difficult to be aware 24/7 365
and you can still be robbed/etc no matter what you do

but serial killers like this are rare---and ''normal'' burglars usually like unoccupied houses/etc

neighborhoods are usually quiet ---without traffic during the day ...
these serial killers and burglars are a prime reason why people do not like strangers in their area..why they feel uncomfortable

Yeah, I definitely think GSK was unusual in that he was so thorough, even compared to other serial killers. That's why he got away with it for so long.

Here is what SUPPOSEDLY (not 100% confirmed *yet*) GSK would do to victims: GSK would pick a victim (most of them I believe were couples) and (*MAYBE*, no yet confirmed but possible it was while off-duty) while he was on-duty as a cop, he would 1) use his resources as a cop to get victims phone numbers and do "wrong number" calls. In addition, he would (maybe using a cop car with uniform on??? this is me speculating) stalk the house for many days, sometimes even hiding in bushes across the street, etc. These two things let him know when his victims went to work and came back home, how long they were usually away at the grocery store, etc etc.

Once he knew the times when his victims were away, he would break into the home when he knew no one was home. If he knew they had dogs, he would spray dog repellant all over himself and (AS FAR AS WE KNOW) no dog had ever attacked him or bothered him (there were at least two attacks where he brought another dog with him).

Once in the house, he would do different things depending on the situation. In some homes, he broke window or door locks so he could later easily sneak inside the home. Sometimes he would hunt for weapons, and he would steal them, hide them in a different place, or empty out all the bullets. Then he would leave.

Later, he would sneak back into the house (through one of the broken doors/window he did earlier), still with dog repellant on, and that's how he could "get away with it."

If I have anyone info outright wrong, please tell me! But this is so far what I have gathered how he committed his crimes.

Now, why people didn't do thorough searches of their weapons/locks/etc after their burglary, I don't know. Maybe they wrongly thought that they were still safe. I think some of them didn't even know they had a break-in (I don't think he stole anything during the first break-in). Or maybe they overlooked some details (ie didn't notice a window lock was broken because it looked normal from far away, etc).

I also don't know how soon after the first break-in, that he decided to go back for the full attack. I will have to look into it (does anybody know). Was it days later? Or was it like, an hour later??? (Because that would be a lot more understandable.)

I've been wondering about missing women around that time as well.

He may try to get a plea deal if he tells where any bodies are that have not been located. If this is the case.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/arti...ler-ear-links-12860517.php#item-85307-tbla-35
Here is where the GSK Mr. Cruel thing comes in.
Don't understand why people would think it can't be him, because the victim age, and he actually kidnapped 3 victims. As if Serial killers don't change things up. To escape detection, and throw investigators off, or ramp things up.
This is the kind of thing that helps these scum get away again,and again.
Makes me wonder how many more victims there are that don't fit the profile,or pattern.

Bluesneakers- Him and his brother have a different last name than his mother and step father.

im thinking she knew something wasn't quite right with him, followed her gut and broke off the engagement.

I'm surprised "Bonnie" didn't recognize him or have her radar go off. Did they release the information about him calling the victim bonnie, way back then?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

(This is besides the case of stealing dog repellent & a hammer)

Sacramento County court records show a single criminal case against DeAngelo, a July 2012 charge for driving under the influence for which he was ordered to spend 48 hours in jail and three years on "informal" probation.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...w-deangelo-20180426-story.html?outputType=amp

(These rages went back decades, Gorman said — to 1994, when DeAngelo left a voice mail threatening to “deliver a load of death” if the family’s dog didn’t stop barking.

Another neighbor, Eddy Verdon, told The Washington Post that three years ago he heard someone on his property, and opened his garage door to find DeAngelo mounting a bicycle to flee.

“I stared him down, and he looked at me nervously,” Verdon said. “I never really interacted with him again. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea.”

“We used to just call him ‘Freak,’ ” Natalia Bedes-Correnti told the Bee. “He used to have these temper tantrums … usually because he couldn’t find his keys.”)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...suspect-was-normal-grandpa-according-to-teen/

Early security cameras were primitive and were usually fixed into position on the cash register areas. Had the old B and W grainy loop video.
Most stores only had one or so in the checkout area in the early 80's.

This guy sat in his dead victim's house and ate their food from their kitchens. He ran across roofs in nice neighborhoods to get to THE house with the pretty young wife he'd staked out.

I truly believe he had a warped sick sense of being untouchable.
Maybe he didn't want to spend money on things used to kill people, since he certainly doesn't value human life.

This guy was also an accomplished thief ( usually).
He stole family photos, engraved personal jewelry while leaving the more expensive things.
His life of crime started with B and E and theft of personal property. I don't know all the details about how he got caught for theft of the hammer and dog deterrent spray but he was definitely a very brazen criminal who was a rampant, leisurely thief who rifled through entire houses at the crime scenes, along with being a serial killer.

One of the most thoughtful/insightful analyses I have read on here about the shoplifting vs. buying. I can't help but wonder how many times DeAngelo shoplifted and didn't​ get caught.

on an answering machine

May be a dumb question but why was the "Is Ray there?" on tape? Was that from a victims machine or were the calls being monitored and recorded by the victim/police?

He has a brother (2 yrs. younger, I believe) who lives in Orange Co. Ca., who interestingly was arrested for burglary

during 90's. Talk is that he visited brother while committing the crimes in that area.

Now this is interesting news......didn't know his brother dabbled in burglary. What did his brother know, if anything? I still think the rapes & murders were a one man show, but very interesting to see if his brother knew anything.

One of the most thoughtful/insightful analyses I have read on hear about the shoplifting vs. buying. I can't help but wonder how many times DeAngelo shoplifted and didn't​ get caught.

I would think he shop lifted a lot & this was his first time getting caught in 1979. I bet he went thru a lot of dog repellent, & anything else his mind desired.

Now this is interesting news......didn't know his brother dabbled in burglary. What did his brother know, if anything? I still think the rapes & murders were a one man show, but very interesting to see if his brother knew anything.

Any chance that the brother's DNA was in a database somewhere and showed up similar to the one they were looking for, causing them to hone in on relatives?

This man was in the Army and has a different name. And his last name is different from his parents' last name? Why do you think it's the same person?

His bio mother and father divorced, mother re-married (bosanko).

Was it just an arrest? Or was there a conviction?

Relative's DNA from genealogy websites cracked East Area Rapist case, DA's office says

[...]

The effort was part of a painstaking process that began by using DNA from one of the crime scenes from years ago and comparing it to genetic profiles available online through various websites that cater to individuals wanting to know more about their family backgrounds by accepting DNA samples from them, said Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Grippi.

[...]

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209913514.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members