CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Pmack

Pmack New Member

hi there, I’m new to all of this and not from the area - would you be able to tell me what cases these are similar too so I can read up on them?

Flicka1 and Evilxelvis138 like this.

2. Evilxelvis138

Evilxelvis138 rebel angel

Not similar in those specifics, but I would read up on Matrice Richardson. If there is a serial perp in that area of SoCal the MO on both of these cases could be considered similar.

HazeyKat, LaborDayRN and Flicka1 like this.
  3. Pmack

Pmack New Member

Thank you. I had actually just noted her name from a different post to read about. I’ll have a good look into it now!

Evilxelvis138, LaborDayRN and Flicka1 like this.
  4. Pmack

Pmack New Member

Is there any chance you’d be able to share the hashtag this one was associated with? I’d like to ask for Insta profile but I don’t think that’s allowed?

Flicka1, Evilxelvis138 and Kayla4u like this.
  5. Kayla4u

Kayla4u New Member

I feel like this could really be her car! The angles seem to line up with the pictures from her car being found

Attached Files:

6. Kayla4u

Kayla4u New Member

Flicka1 likes this.
  7. data_nerd_2005

data_nerd_2005 Verified in Data Science & Data Engineering

Hi All! <modsnip> while I have taken a bit of a summer “pause” from working on WS cases, I plan to continue in the fall/winter, and I will be picking up my work on this case. Due to WS policies around social media (understandable) and me wanting to play it safe, I will not be posting my updates here (about my web scraping efforts/ anything that could lead to an innocent person’s name on this forum). <modsnip> I whole heartedly believe that there is a pic or video that can give answers to WHEN Elaine’s car arrived at where it was found, and that might give some answers (or open another can of worms) as to what happened to Elaine. My new job has me working with Facebook web scraping and image recognition AI (things I did not use with this case yet), and I’m taking that as a sign that there is more to be done in my mission to bring closure to Elaine’s loved ones. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
  8. data_nerd_2005

data_nerd_2005 Verified in Data Science & Data Engineering

Hi! Btw, your post might get deleted due to violating TOS, but I also believe that may be her car. I have shared the image with Elaine’s mother and she agrees it could be as well. However, having visited the location, the spot where this car is pictured is not exactly where Elaine’s car was found. What that concludes? I can’t say.

HazeyKat, windrower, BH25 and 4 others like this.
  9. Kayla4u

Kayla4u New Member

Do you remember what hash tags you found this picture?

10. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We appreciate that members are wanting to help solve Elaine's case, but at Websleuths it must be done in accordance with Websleuths rules that have existed for many, many years ... and for very valid reasons.

Please read TOS / The Rules that everyone agrees to upon joining Websleuths.

These are just some excerpts from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

INVITING PRIVATE MESSAGES or EMAIL, and ALLUDING TO "INSIDE" INFORMATION

Inviting is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as Check your PMs or PM me posted in discussion threads.

Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it. Don't announce it.

Additionally, please don't state or suggest that you are privy to inside information, but either can't or won't discuss it.

If you can't post it, don't!

DELETING POSTS and CLOSING THREADS

WS Administration has the right to close any thread, and to delete any post, which we deem inappropriate. The decision to close a thread, or to delete or edit a post is solely ours. We adhere to a strict policy of striving to maintain interesting and productive discussions for the benefit of the WS community.

As such, threads that create an unnecessary amount of conflict, and serve no constructive purpose, may be closed at the discretion of the WS staff.

In addition, moderators will exercise their discretion to delete individual posts which are inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise violate TOS (including the rules and etiquette outlined herein). While moderators are not required to provide a reason for post removal, they will try do so when time permits.

Be aware that if you quote a post which warrants removal, your post is subject to deletion, as well. If a post has been removed, do not refer to it or discuss it further on the thread.

[...]

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, case players, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

All we ask is that you read The Rules of this site and if there is something that you do not understand, private message a Mod or Admin and we will try to clarify.

Flicka1, CocoChanel and Pmack like this.
  11. BH25

BH25 New Member

Looks like the put the No Parking Signs up in 2020: Malibu To Consider Limiting Overnight PCH Parking

12. Evilxelvis138

Flicka1 likes this.
  13. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

It does look like Elaine's car. I have to go back to see the timeline from when her car was found and try to piece something together. I've never been to the area but I know so many who live near there.

14. Jo1105

Jo1105 New Member

I went back on Instagram and searched certain hashtags like calamigos in which there was a wedding and band that weekend where her car was found, you can go back to the time she was missing if you have time to scroll searching certain hashtags or locations on IG everyone’s been reaching out to those people asking for any other picture or videos. I’m also new here

15. Shane.M

Shane.M New Member

Why
    Why did it take two days to report her missing ? I’m slowly going through everything . I am from SA so crazy enough I stumbled across the ToLiveandDieLApod podcast . Heartbreaking

bluenoser, Evilxelvis138 and Flicka1 like this.
  16. Shane.M

Shane.M New Member

So upon hearing as far as I have gone in the toliveanddieLa podcast , she woke up early tht morning in a panic (according to bf) she left . The cameras got her leaving and then shortly after a plate cam got her exiting from what I gather is a protected area or estate of some sort. There is a tiny portion of footage that was messed up by Police when they were coping the film.

jash, Evilxelvis138 and Flicka1 like this.
  17. Shane.M

Shane.M New Member

C
    copying sorry.

Evilxelvis138 and Flicka1 like this.
  18. Evilxelvis138

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
    Hey Shane, I love your enthusiasm for this case… but we can only reference Main Stream Media reports ( I have that correct right?). We can’t reference social media or podcasts that aren’t produced by main stream media. A bunch of posts were deleted and lost due to podcasts being referenced.

I’d hate for good info to be lost when this forum gets purged again. Possibility just say whatever you think or feel but don’t mention the name of any podcasts and keep the dialogue going!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2021
  19. Shane.M

Shane.M New Member

That is understandable.
    Thank you .

I’m learning more every day

20. jash

jash Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2021