CA CA - Elena Roy, 83, walked away from home, Fallbrook, 3 Nov 2021 *Reward*

Gee, Elena looks so good in the photos released of her! In the surveillance capture of her entering Grocery Outlet the day before she looks to be walking tall and with purpose, holding onto her shoulder purse. And in the other photo I’ve seen, she has a bright smile, looking happy and alert. Hard to remember that she has dementia when I look at the pictures of her.

In any case, she looks like she could have walked far—looks very able-bodied. Missing for over 3 weeks now…not looking good, is it…

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-28_12-37-33.jpeg
    upload_2021-11-28_12-37-33.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 47
  • upload_2021-11-28_12-38-33.jpeg
    upload_2021-11-28_12-38-33.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 42
NOV 28, 2021
‘We Are Remaining Hopeful’: Family of 84-Year-Old Missing Fallbrook Grandmother Speaks Out – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)
[...]

Cataldo told NBC 7, the two argued about the placement of a picture frame before she stormed out of the house and didn’t come back.

"For now we just have to focus on the idea that she left on foot and that she could have wandered off anywhere in this area," said Swart.

[...]

"We're so grateful that they just keep trying and they're still looking and everybody who is reaching out and, you know, in any way that they can, we're really, we're hopeful," said Swart.

[...]

I just received this from the San Diego Sheriffs’s Office-some good pictures of Elena:

Update #2: Missing Person – Fallbrook

Post Date:11/30/2021 3:15 PM

On the afternoon of November 3, 2021, eighty-three-year-old Elena Carlotta Roy reportedly walked away from her home in the 900 block of Woodcreek Drive in Fallbrook. Despite multiple expansive searches by deputies, volunteers with Sheriff's Search and Rescue and community members, Elena's whereabouts are still unknown.

Elena suffers from dementia. In 2020, Elena was found on De Luz Road in Fallbrook after wandering away from her home.

Attached are two recent photographs of Elena as well as three still images from a surveillance video taken from a Fallbrook area grocery store the day before she was reported missing. When Elena went missing, she was believed to be wearing the same clothes as in the still images from the surveillance video.

Elena is a white female standing 5' 4" tall, weighs about 115 pounds, has brownish gray hair and brown eyes. She is believed to be wearing a tan beanie, a multicolored gray and white short sleeved shirt, black pants and blue and brown shoes. She had a brown purse and was wearing brown and tan framed glasses.

Elena frequently goes by the first name of Helen and may use the prior last names of Lorrea, Swart or Barrio.

The Sheriff's Homicide Unit is asking residents of Fallbrook to assist in the on-going search by checking their private property.

Anyone who contacts Elena is urged to call 9-1-1. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Sheriff's Homicide Unit at (858) 285-6330/after hours at (858) 565-5200. You can remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.

Media Contact: Thomas Seiver, Lieutenant
Thomas.Seiver@sdsheriff.org
Sheriff's Homicide Unit (858) 285-6330

NOV 30, 2021
Elena Roy disappearance: Tips sought in case of missing Fallbrook woman (fox5sandiego.com)
As part of their ongoing efforts to locate Roy, sheriff’s officials are asking Fallbrook residents to check their own properties to see if she may have gotten lost in one of their yards.

Tips Sought as Search Continues for Elena Roy, 83, Who Went Missing Nov. 3 in Fallbrook - Times of San Diego
Authorities again urged the public Tuesday to keep an eye out for a cognitively challenged 83-year-old woman who went missing in northern San Diego County nearly a month ago.

... Despite repeated and intensive searches of the rural community by deputies, neighbors and search-and-rescue volunteers, her whereabouts remain unknown, Lt. Thomas Seiver said.

Search for missing Fallbrook woman with dementia to enter fifth week - The San Diego Union-Tribune (sandiegouniontribune.com)
As the search for a missing Fallbrook woman with dementia ends its fourth week, sheriff’s officials released more photos and information in hopes of finding her.

DEC 23, 2021
Crime Stoppers: Have You Seen Elena Roy? - The Vista Press
Despite multiple expansive searches by deputies, volunteers with the Sheriff’s Search and Rescue (SAR) Unit and community members, Elena’s whereabouts are still unknown. Investigators continue to ask the Fallbrook community to assist in the ongoing search by checking their private property.

DEC 22, 2021
Crime Stoppers: Have You Seen Elena Roy? | News List | San Diego County Sheriff (sdsheriff.gov)

DEC 25, 2021
$10,000 reward offered in missing Fallbrook woman case - San Diego CITD
[...]

Her family is offering a $9,000 reward in addition to Crime Stoppers’ $1,000 reward to anyone with information that leads to her whereabouts.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Elena Roy is asked to call the San Diego Sheriff’s Department’s Homicide Unit at (858) 285-6286 or the Crime Stoppers anonymous tip line at (888) 580-8477. Visit the Crime Stoppers website at www.sdcrimestoppers.org for more information on how to send anonymous web and mobile app tips.

Who's the man in this video?
??? Ramon on the Promenade? There have been several reported sightings but I don't remember anyone mentioned at Grocery Outlet. MOO

UPDATE: Husband of missing Fallbrook woman shares his story as search continues - Village News
[...]

According to Private Investigator Tony Campbell said that Eric from Fallbrook Auto Works, who is Roy's regular mechanic, said he said he spotted her Wednesday on the East side of Main Street.

"Eric thought that was between 1 and 2 p.m. and she was headed north on Main Ave," Campbell said. "He was 100% sure it was her. He did not know if she was carrying a purse."

Campbell also spoke to a gentleman named Ramon on the Promenade who said he talked to her the same day.

Campbell talked to three LDS missionaries who were out walking downtown and they said that one of their peers had seen the woman yesterday near Fallbrook High School.

[...]

900 Woodcreek [Home] to Grocery Outlet [Video] to Main St [Mechanic sighting] - Google Maps

I wondered earlier if Elena would accept a ride from someone. She could be anywhere with no idea how to make contact with her family, even if she could. I mention this because I discovered this evening that an older woman accepting a ride from a stranger is not far-fetched.

My very dear husband, who is nicer than I am about doing these things, called up a widowed friend of ours, about 71, just to see how she’s doing. She’s in good shape and walks all over our small town. She told him, as if it was totally normal, that a man in a car with out-of-state plates pulled up next to her as she walked down her fairly steep residential street a few blocks from Main and asked if she needed a ride. She accepted!!! She was just going a few blocks to the library and he dropped her off, thankfully. She didn’t mention anyone else being in the car.

My husband just listened and didn’t react. When he told me, I screeched “She did what??!!” After I recovered, I begged him to call her soon and tell her that we had been thinking about how dangerous this was. If the man had bad intentions, she could have been long gone before any of us would have realized it. Not only would this be awful for her, but it would put her friends here and her brother in another country thru h-ll. My dh is not someone to rock the boat, but he agreed to do it. Better him than me! I’d screech at her!

To my knowledge, she does not have early dementia, but she has always had a rather childish, self-involved way about her, even though she handles her life well enough. This really shook me up and I thought of Elena immediately.

JAN 10, 2022
Crime Stoppers: Have you seen Elena Roy? - Village News
Despite multiple expansive searches by deputies, volunteers with the Sheriff's Search and Rescue Unit and community members, Roy's whereabouts are still unknown. Investigators continue to ask the Fallbrook community to assist in the ongoing search by checking their private property.

I wondered earlier if Elena would accept a ride from someone. She could be anywhere with no idea how to make contact with her family, even if she could. I mention this because I discovered this evening that an older woman accepting a ride from a stranger is not far-fetched.

My very dear husband, who is nicer than I am about doing these things, called up a widowed friend of ours, about 71, just to see how she’s doing. She’s in good shape and walks all over our small town. She told him, as if it was totally normal, that a man in a car with out-of-state plates pulled up next to her as she walked down her fairly steep residential street a few blocks from Main and asked if she needed a ride. She accepted!!! She was just going a few blocks to the library and he dropped her off, thankfully. She didn’t mention anyone else being in the car.

My husband just listened and didn’t react. When he told me, I screeched “She did what??!!” After I recovered, I begged him to call her soon and tell her that we had been thinking about how dangerous this was. If the man had bad intentions, she could have been long gone before any of us would have realized it. Not only would this be awful for her, but it would put her friends here and her brother in another country thru h-ll. My dh is not someone to rock the boat, but he agreed to do it. Better him than me! I’d screech at her!

To my knowledge, she does not have early dementia, but she has always had a rather childish, self-involved way about her, even though she handles her life well enough. This really shook me up and I thought of Elena immediately.

That is very possible, I agree!

I will sheepishly and guiltily admit to being on the other end once, giving a ride to someone I didn’t really know. :eek: It was a fellow hiker I struck up a conversation once with. He was turned around and needed to get back with his group at the adjacent park before the bus was to leave. I gave him directions for the fastest way, which included walking down a street. I was finishing my hike and was driving off in my car when saw him walking hurriedly down the street I told him about. So, I offered to drop him off near the park entrance, which he gratefully accepted. I guess you are right, that wasn’t very safe practice for either me OR him. :oops: At the time, I had felt his worry at getting back in time and I guess that feeling is what led me to want to help him.

That is very possible, I agree!

I will sheepishly and guiltily admit to being on the other end once, giving a ride to someone I didn’t really know. :eek: It was a fellow hiker I struck up a conversation once with. He was turned around and needed to get back with his group at the adjacent park before the bus was to leave. I gave him directions for the fastest way, which included walking down a street. I was finishing my hike and was driving off in my car when saw him walking hurriedly down the street I told him about. So, I offered to drop him off near the park entrance, which he gratefully accepted. I guess you are right, that wasn’t very safe practice for either me OR him. :oops: At the time, I had felt his worry at getting back in time and I guess that feeling is what led me to want to help him.

Well, you had at least had some prior contact with him before offering a ride. Sometimes we try to do the right thing for a person in need. :) In our friend’s case it was random and she didn’t need to accept a ride. In Elena’s case, if she was picked up, she may have thought she knew the person. It’s such a mystery! Where are you Elena? :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back