GUILTY CA - Eliza Delacruz, 3 wks, Long Beach, 4 Jan 2015

I still do not understand why this baby ended up dead if the point was to pass her off as her own!

That's what I was wondering TTF. Why go to all this trouble of stealing a newborn, shooting people and then end up suffocating the little baby and throwing her in a dumpster. Eliza probably was crying a lot and they just couldn't handle it.sickening.

****ing awful. leave her on a porch or in a store! and they shot these parents IN THE FACE it is a miracle they survived. disgusting humans. all to fool someone else's husband!

That's what I was wondering TTF. Why go to all this trouble of stealing a newborn, shooting people and then end up suffocating the little baby and throwing her in a dumpster. Eliza probably was crying a lot and they just couldn't handle it.sickening.

Suspects in Baby Eliza kidnapping, murder can face trial, judge rules

http://www.presstelegram.com/general-news/20161101/suspects-in-baby-eliza-kidnapping-murder-can-face-trial-judge-rules

Judge Judith L. Meyer made the decision Thursday after prosecutors outlined their accusations against Giseleangelique Rene D’Milian and Anthony Ray McCall during a preliminary hearing that spanned a week at Long Beach’s Governor George Deukmejian Courthouse.

During the hearing, the parents and uncle of Eliza De La Cruz described the night of Jan. 3, 2015, when a gunman burst into their North Long Beach home, wounded them and stole Eliza out of her mother’s arms.

Prosecutors allege the gunman was McCall, a 29-year-old resident of Oceanside.

Eliza’s mother, Jackie Honorato, also testified she heard a woman tell Eliza “I’m your new mommy,” during the kidnapping. Prosecutors allege that woman was D’Milian, a 47-year-old from Thousand Oaks.

Woman gets prison for killing Long Beach’s Baby Eliza during infant kidnapping plot

A Thousand Oaks woman was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison Friday for concocting a bizarre plot to kidnap babies that included dumping the body of a 3-week-old girl from Long Beach in a trash bin in 2015, according to authorities.

Moments before a judge handed down the sentence in a Long Beach courtroom, Giseleangelique Rene D’Milian pleaded no contest to first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder in the death and kidnapping of baby Eliza De La Cruz, prosecutors said.

Authorities alleged D’Milian and a co-conspirator, Anthony Ray McCall, plotted to kidnap Eliza and another baby as part of a scam meant to convince D’Milian’s boyfriend, a married man, that she’d given birth to twins while he was out of the country.

https://patch.com/california/malibu/thousand-oaks-woman-sentenced-kidnapping-murder-infant

Anthony Ray McCall faces one count each of murder and kidnapping, four counts of attempted murder and one count of attempted kidnapping. His trial is expected to begin on Feb. 13. A third defendant, 46-year-old Todd Damon Boudreaux, of Fontana, pleaded guilty to one count of accessory after the fact in October 2016. He is scheduled to be sentenced on Jan. 10.

I remember when this awful kidnapping/murder occurred.....poor sweet little baby Eliza.

I remember when this awful kidnapping/murder occurred.....poor sweet little baby Eliza.

Me too. It was anyone's worst nightmare and such a crazy plot by complete strangers and evildoers. Not only was precious baby Eliza taken and found dead miles away, but bullets were fired at her family in their home! I'm glad to hear that evil woman and her helpers are going to prison for a long time. I'm sure Eliza's family still grieves losing her.

Remembering--
He said detectives later determined that D'Milian and McCall had both been following the bus Eliza and her mother were on, in separate vehicles. About 90 minutes after they got off the bus, McCall showed up at the De La Cruz home, shot the three adults and abducted the baby, Luna said.

https://patch.com/california/oceans...s-arrested-death-newborn-left-san-diego-trash

Pregnancy scam murder trial starts for man accused of ripping baby from mother’s arms in Long Beach

Prosecutors allege Anthony McCall, 32, was the muscle in an elaborate but ultimately failed scheme to steal two babies and pass them off as another woman’s children.

As trial began, Barnes told jurors that they’ll hear about DNA evidence, security camera video, cell phone records and recordings from a wiretap that all tie McCall to the plot.

A bag of potatoes has also become a key piece of evidence.

Authorities allege McCall used hollowed-out potatoes as makeshift silencers while he kidnapped Eliza.

https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2018/02/26/kidnapped-newborn-found-dead-in-imperial-beach-dumpster-murder-trial-underway/

McCall’s attorney, Rodney Buck, said the prosecution’s presentation made it seem like the case was a slam dunk. But he said the evidence would show that “Mr. McCall was framed.”

Among the first witnesses called to the stand by the prosecution were the mother, father and uncle of the 3-week-old girl.

In emotional testimony, the girl’s mother, Jacqueline Honorato, said she pleaded with her assailant not to take the baby from her.

Man Sentenced to Life in Prison for Kidnapping, Killing 3-Week-Old Baby in Pregnancy Scheme

He was sentenced Monday to 142 years to life in prison. In sentencing McCall, Judge Judith L. Meyer called what had happened "a tragic situation."

She said she was most appalled by wiretap evidence presented during the trial involving a phone call between the defendant and another accomplice, in which McCall was asked if he was promised anything in exchange for what he had done.

"And I quote the defendant's response, 'It was for me, for me, for me, honestly dude, I did it out of the sheer kindness of my heart,'" the judge said, adding that she didn't know how anyone could say such a thing regarding a baby.

https://www.presstelegram.com/2018/03/19/kidnapper-killer-of-long-beachs-3-week-old-baby-eliza-gets-141-years-in-prison/

Later on Monday, Judge Meyer also sentenced Todd Boudreaux, the accomplice McCall spoke to on the wiretap, to three years in prison, which he has served. The Fontana resident had testified against his co-defendants and pleaded guilty to accessory-after-the-fact related to the El Segundo crime.

Outside the courtroom, Boudreaux screamed at Barnes, saying she’d interfered with his life and he had nothing to do with the crimes.

Justice has finally been done for baby Eliza. I would make sure none of them sees the light of day again but at least it might be a little closure for both families of the babies involved. Sleep well baby girl. X

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back