CA CA - Elizabeth Bouslog Davis, 37, San Francisco, 1939

The 1940 census taken in April 1940 has Elizabeth still living with her husband Tony and children and mother in Denver Colorado.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VRDN-PZJ

In the 1945 San Francisco Directory there is an Elizabeth Davis living at 1335 Filbert with job as nurse with Visiting Nurse Association.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post

I emailed the lady running the MySpace page and asked her. Thanks for your interest in the case. I had thought of posting about this in the Anna Waters forum, because I know quite a few great sleuthers frequent that forum and I could really use the input. I didn't even think of the possible Margaret Kukoda connection!
They do look similar to me, but I think that this woman is older than Margaret Kukoda was supposed to be?? I wish we had a picture of John Spooner to compare with George Brody. Has the lady running the Myspace page found any relatives of John Spooner or know anything more about him, since he was the last known person to be with her? Where they romantic or just friends traveling together? Was John Spooner older or younger than Elizabeth?

I googled Dr John Spooner military ww11 and this came up- its may or may not be Mr. Spooner but on the last row there is a John Spooner however it says nothing about dr

Would someone who wasn't enlisted in the military have been "shipped out" anywhere? I'm a little confused because I did see a mention up thread of someone being captured in the Phillippines that was a civilian nurse but am not really sure how that would work. If she went overseas, who would have been paying her? If it was the military, they should have a record, although it might be hard to find with the conflicting names and birth dates. I'm also wondering if she could have enlisted at her age, she was 39 on the 1940 census so she would have been over 40. IIRC that was too old to be drafted, but perhaps it was different for women who weren't in combat roles?

I wanted to also mention that there was a John Spooner (no middle initial) in San Francisco in the 1940s on Ellis St with a wife Ann. He was listed as a collector for the IRS. There was also a John H Spooner in San Francisco but that one couldn't be him. The one without an H seems to first appear in the 1940s so I think that one is a possibility.

It might be worth checking if they could have been married either in Colorado or California, if that hasn't already been checked. Given that she was divorced when she left (IIRC) it would make sense that if they were lovers that they would have married especially in the 40's. Perhaps Spooner would be a match for her SSN? I know someone was told it didn't match the surname Davis or Bouslog but I didn't see where Spooner was checked.

There is some information at the National Archives that includes staff records from that hospital. I found it while googling "presidio hospital nurses".

There hasn't been any answer on the WV doe yet?

Also wanted to add that in California if she was a nurse she probably would have needed a California RN license. I know Margaret Kukoda had one and she was there in the 40s to early 50's. She worked at that same hospital but she was enlisted. Not sure if that makes a difference or if we could find a record of her license and possibly a name change or at least at what point it expired and wasn't renewed?

I have looked over this thread. Does anyone have photos of Elizabeth Bouslog Davis. Is there any law enforcement agencies invetigating this case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back