CA - Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos) Wire Fraud Thread *Guilty* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer Lawrence says she's no longer playing Elizabeth Holmes after Amanda Seyfried knocked it out of the park.

The Oscar winner, 32, was cast as the disgraced Theranos entrepreneur in a film to be directed by her Don't Look Up director Adam McKay, titled Bad Blood. However, in a new interview with The New York Times, Lawrence revealed that she isn't moving forward with the project and called Seyfried's Emmy-winning work "terrific" on the Hulu limited series The Dropout.

Elizabeth Holmes and her legal defense team are asking for an 18-month period of house arrest, as opposed to the maximum 80 years of potential jail time the Theranos founder faces. In a lengthy memo pleading for leniency, Holmes requested that the court “look beyond that caricature,” of her in the media and “examine Ms. Holmes the human being.”
Now, an 82-page document filed late on Thursday is her latest attempt to avoid prison. It begins with a description of Holmes’ childhood and includes section titles like: “Ms. Holmes Objects to the Calculation of the Number of Victims,” “Caring and Reliable Friend,” and “Deep Interest in Making the World a Better Place.” In addition to the memo, Holmes also filed hundreds of pages of supporting documents including 130 letters submitted by “individuals who actually know [her].”

Holmes's sentencing memorandum

The memorandum describing some of the letters,

The real Elizabeth Holmes is a devoted mother who “turns . . . ordinary moments into magical experiences of unbounded love and wonder” for her son. Ex. A at 6 (B. Evans Ltr. at 6).

:rolleyes:

The real Elizabeth Holmes faced the challenges at Theranos from 2016 to 2018 with “steadfast ethical principles, complete dedication to what was best for Theranos, and admirable courage.” Ex. A at 74 (F. Bonanni Ltr. at 3).

Yet she was convicted of doing the opposite.

The real Elizabeth Holmes is a devoted mother who “turns . . . ordinary moments into magical experiences of unbounded love and wonder” for her son. Ex. A at 6 (B. Evans Ltr. at 6).
The real Elizabeth Holmes faced the challenges at Theranos from 2016 to 2018 with “steadfast ethical principles, complete dedication to what was best for Theranos, and admirable courage.” Ex. A at 74 (F. Bonanni Ltr. at 3).

Dang, I wonder if ol' Liz hired a creative writing team to come up this sparkly tinsel.

Interesting that they refer to Billy Evans, as Elizabeth Holmes "partner" in several articles now. I wonder if they got a divorce? To ensure that Elizabeth Holmes is completely destitute. And cannot use any of Evans assets for her fines?

How can Holmes be destitute, yet was able to afford the best attorneys? Evans..of course.

I like the part about EH being a devoted "rape crisis counselor". Performing over 500 hours of community service. I wonder how much the check was? No...of course a non profit agency would never verify or falsify volunteer hours for a large donor...never!

18 months of home arrest in a palace in San Diego would be a joke. And even asking for 18 months for a federal sentence is insulting. 80 years or 18 months? Same difference...NOT!

Cory Booker writes letter of support: my question is WHY????
If she was a man I can assure you he would not be writing a letter of support
This article is behind a paywall
I bet we could find more than 130 people to write letters who think she should get maximum prison time…
moo

This was the article about EH, as a "hard working, devoted volunteer rape crisis counselor".

"Elizabeth Holmes is a “humble, hardworking, and compassionate woman who deeply wants to give what she can to the world,”.

The canonization of EH goes on and on...my real question is why did anyone write a letter for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjael