CA - Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos) Wire Fraud Thread *Guilty* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, EH will have plenty of time to complete her studies in Mandarin or whatever she was up to when she started Theranos.
Being able to handle the rigors of an average college class would be a start. Remember, she couldn't handle Stanford and had to drop out? She called it something else ("I'll just pretend I'm a genius like Jobs and no one will care that I don't have a degree"), but it seemed only one professor in her department would speak for her and her "genius".

I am still intensely interested in learning what her actual transcripts from Stanford show.
Intensely
I'm guessing VERY mediocre. I'm judging from Phyllis Gardner; it's very unlikely she was an outlier in that department as far as what she thought of EH. You wanna bet ALL the women professors had the same opinion? Women see through EH in a flash lol; it's the guys who don't.

The most telling symptom of someone who doesn't do well in elite education, and EH was not destined for success at Stanford: "She didn’t listen. She came with these ideas and she would not listen..." You've got to be able to listen and interact with other people's ideas to get a degree: that's pretty much what higher education is about, and HUGELY what elite higher ed is about. And EH wasn't listening to anyone.

So, yeah, getting a college degree even in prison could be a challenge, but if her husband leaves her and she has to make a living after prison, she'd better buckle down.

Last edited:
Snipped for focus.

I don't think 11 years is a waste. I think it's time VERY well spent for the rest of us!

And I don't think she's ever going to feel accountable. She's a narcissist: no amount of talk-therapy will ever convince her she's not special.

She will get special attention in prison, not all good.

Elizabeth Holmes is heading to prison — and some inmates are looking forward to her arrival and becoming her friend​

The judge in her case, District Judge Edward Davila, had ordered Holmes to report to prison by 2 p.m. on May 30.

"Some people are like 'I want to be her friend,'" Tasha Wade, a current inmate at the facility, told the Journal.

"But other people are like, 'I can't believe that's all she got for taking all that money,'" Wade added.

Another unnamed inmate told the media outlet that a corrections officer joked about ordering Holmes to scrub pans.

One inmate who was released in March told the Journal a copy of John Carreyrou's 2018 book "Bad Blood" — which chronicles the rise and fall of Theranos — was spotted in the prison camp's library earlier this year.

The Bryan prison camp is a minimum security, all-female facility about 100 miles from Houston. It houses about 655 inmates right now, which is about 90% of its capacity, per The Journal.

I'm guessing VERY mediocre. I'm judging from Phyllis Gardner; it's very unlikely she was an outlier in that department as far as what she thought of EH. You wanna bet ALL the women professors had the same opinion? Women see through EH in a flash lol; it's the guys who don't.

The most telling symptom of someone who doesn't do well in elite education, and EH was not destined for success at Stanford: "She didn’t listen. She came with these ideas and she would not listen..." You've got to be able to listen and interact with other people's ideas to get a degree: that's pretty much what higher education is about, and HUGELY what elite higher ed is about. And EH wasn't listening to anyone.

So, yeah, getting a college degree even in prison could be a challenge, but if her husband leaves her and she has to make a living after prison, she'd better buckle down.
She will always find a man to take care of her!

Best quote from Phyllis Gardner (the Stanford Prof):

"All I want is to see her in an orange jumpsuit with a black turtleneck accent."

Wrong color. It's tan at Bryan:

1685400374801.png
Jen Shah was photographed for the first time since starting her six-year prison stint for wire fraud.

In photos exclusively obtained by Page Six, the former “Real Housewives of Salt Lake City” star was seen walking in the yard of Bryan Federal Prison Camp in Texas with a fellow inmate.

From the Daily Mail article linked by @RickshawFan

Phyllis Gardner: I just thought everybody was crazy...I mean, look at the board, that’s insane. Old men, I’m telling you, the brains go to their groin.'

I believe the clinical phrase is "dickbrain."

This also stood out to me. Again, Phyllis Gardner and why she has such enmity towards EH:

"Gardner claims Holmes was attempting to 'fake it til you make it' and that she was well aware her machines did not work.

'In high tech, you can fake it til you make it. In medicine, you do not fake it. Ever,' the professor added.

'For example, blood clotting times. If you are under-coagulated, you bleed to death easily; if you are over-coagulated, you clot off.

'And it’s a very fine line, and it’s a very narrow therapeutic window. She was sending out wrong clotting times. People were changing their meds based on that. That is putting patients’ lives in imminent danger.'

From the Daily Mail article linked by @RickshawFan

Phyllis Gardner: I just thought everybody was crazy...I mean, look at the board, that’s insane. Old men, I’m telling you, the brains go to their groin.'

I believe the clinical phrase is "dickbrain."

This also stood out to me. Again, Phyllis Gardner and why she has such enmity towards EH:

"Gardner claims Holmes was attempting to 'fake it til you make it' and that she was well aware her machines did not work.

'In high tech, you can fake it til you make it. In medicine, you do not fake it. Ever,' the professor added.

'For example, blood clotting times. If you are under-coagulated, you bleed to death easily; if you are over-coagulated, you clot off.

'And it’s a very fine line, and it’s a very narrow therapeutic window. She was sending out wrong clotting times. People were changing their meds based on that. That is putting patients’ lives in imminent danger.'
I wanna be Phyllis Gardner's student when I grow up!

Wrong color. It's tan at Bryan:

View attachment 425313
Jen Shah was photographed for the first time since starting her six-year prison stint for wire fraud.

In photos exclusively obtained by Page Six, the former “Real Housewives of Salt Lake City” star was seen walking in the yard of Bryan Federal Prison Camp in Texas with a fellow inmate.

EH is gonna look SICK in that color and cut. Yeah!

But they get to wear earrings and nice glasses?

EH is gonna look SICK in that color and cut. Yeah!

But they get to wear earrings and nice glasses?

From Bryan Handbook:

Jewelry:

Inmates may have a plain wedding band and an appropriate religious medallion and chain without stones to be worn on the inside of the shirt. The value of these items are not to exceed $100.00 each.

Inmates can usually purchase reading glasses from their commissary.

Prisons are required to provide a pair of glasses if they have been prescribed. The courts have ruled that denying a prisoner corrective eyewear is a violation of the 8th amendment, which protects them from cruel and unusual punishment.

Generally speaking, the rules for glasses are: they can’t be valued at more than $100, they can’t be mirrored, transitional lenses are allowed only if medically necessary, no jewels, rhinestones or embellishments, and the frames must be black or brown. Bryan would have their own rules for this.

UPDATED: 15:17 EDT, 29 May 2023

Inside the 'Club Fed' prison where Elizabeth Holmes will be locked up alongside celeb inmate Jen Shah: Theranos fraudster will sleep in dorm-style rooms instead of cells (and can take business classes!) while serving 11-year sentence​

Not for the next 11 years lol. Women see through her, and now that's all she's got.
Yep and that is a very good thing!

You forgot there are alot of male staff. A few might actually get charmed by her but after awhile, when the newness wears off, she will be seen as just another inmate.

Everyone will be curious about her at first and info will be leaked about her, usually from family members who visit inmates and hear inside information.

But it will all get old fast. She becomes just "like them" and not this infamous notorious media person anymore. She's the person dumping out the mop bucket, having bad hair days, and complaining about petty unfair rules just like everyone else.

Just like what happens to everyone else there will always be inmates who want to start a beef with her, and then there will always be inmates who want to stick up for her.

But she needs to get tough and stand up for herself, not sure if she can do that? Her being perceived as wealthy will be a problem. She conned millions and now inmates will con her for her commissary items - "I did you this favor Liz now you owe me 3 Ramens, 10 stamps and I need to borrow your shower shoes."

2 Cents

Last edited:
You forgot there are alot of male staff. A few might actually get charmed by her but after awhile, when the newness wears off, she will be seen as just another inmate.

Everyone will be curious about her at first and info will be leaked about her, usually from family members who visit inmates and hear inside information.

But it will all get old fast. She becomes just "like them" and not this infamous notorious media person anymore. She's the person dumping out the mop bucket, having bad hair days, and complaining about petty unfair rules just like everyone else.

Just like what happens to everyone else there will always be inmates who want to start a beef with her, and then there will always be inmates who want to stick up for her.

But she needs to get tough and stand up for herself, not sure if she can do that? Her being perceived as wealthy will be a problem. She conned millions and now inmates will con her for her commissary items - "I did you this favor Liz now you owe me 3 Ramens, 10 stamps and I need to borrow your shower shoes."

2 Cents

There will also be other inmates who know she has access to a huge amount of money. They might like some of that, even if it just means more chips and chocolate bars from the commissary.

Where does she show up tomorrow to being her sentence?

Is she responsible for her transportation to prison?

Does she just fly in to the nearest airport in a private plane and take a limo to the prison gate?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member