CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree Irisha.

I felt there was such a huge emotional disconnect in him - he was saying such highly-charged words but it was like it was scripted. I felt and heard no emotion from him.

But I guess that reflects something important about him - that he is so deeply disconnected that he was able to go on a shooting rampage like that.

Chilling :facepalm:

BBM

I read that the family lawyer stated he was diagnosed as “a high-functioning patient with Asperger syndrome," which might explain his awkwardness in expressing emotions.

That's odd. Because he reminded me of the Sandy Hook killer somehow. In the way that he wanted to do as much, shocking, devastating damage as possible.

Oh my god. More bodies??? Luring people into his apartment. Hooooooooly....this is evil on a level I can't even comprehend right now.

That's odd. Because he reminded me of the Sandy Hook killer somehow. In the way that he wanted to do as much, shocking, devastating damage as possible.

Both of them supposedly had Asperger's.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...tated-youtube-video-reports-article-1.1804354

Three of the victims have been identified as Veronika Weiss, 19, Katie Cooper and Christopher Martinez. A lawyer for Rodger’s father confirmed the son’s involvement to ABC News. The deranged gunman announced his plans for mass murder in a deeply disturbing seven-minute video.

BBM... Three victims' names..

More at link above...

http://www.keyt.com/news/alleged-gunmans-apartment-now-a-crime-scene/26157468

NOTE: ISLA VISTA, Calif. - UPDATE:
Santa Barbara County's Sheriff's scheduled news conference postponed until 5:00 p.m.

KEYT

The Santa Barbara County Coroner's team has established a crime scene at the apartment complex where suspected shooter Elliot Rodger claimed he lived, prior to Friday's mass murders in Isla Vista.

NewsChannel 3 witnessed forensics experts removing three bodies from the Capri apartment complex on the 6500 block of Seville Road Saturday afternoon.

Did he kill his roommates?

It seems like in a lot of these mass shootings, the killer starts off by killing people they know in their home.

This guy sort of strikes me as a Howard Unruh type.

Have they told the type of weapon? My first guess would be a 9 mm pistol.

This is horrific beyond words and the latest bodies and manifesto just deepen it

I have so much sympathy for all of the families - including the Rodgers - who tried to stop the destruction from unfolding but their concerns were nullified by the "nice boy" impression he gave.

OMG. Bedtime here in Europe, but I just caught the late news, and saw that video.

It never occured to him that girls maybe sensed what was lurking beneath the pretty boy exterior, and steered well clear? Date me or I'll kill you. It's not a good approach. It's a shame he couldn't have found himself some hobby or career to obsess about instead.

The poor families of the victims. :(

Listening to the manifesto on CNN... 140 very scary pages...

I find it interesting that in these mass murder cases, people have no problems saying the shooter must have been insane, but mention the possibility in any other case, and it won't go over well. Say that Austin Sigg or Craig Wood was insane and there is strong disagreement. Is it because the shooter in a mass murder usually kills themselves, so there is no worries about them being declared not guilty by reason of insanity and getting out of the hospital one day?

KSBY is telecasting updates (I've been watching for nearly 30 mins). A map showed the locations of several crime scenes, starting at the Alpha Phi sorority house. Two of the 'unofficially' named victims were Tri Delts (Delta Delta Delta sorority).

(I am watching TV and the special coverage at KSBY is now ending at 4:30. The presser scheduled for 5:00 is expected to be live-streamed on KEYT and KSBY.)

~jmo~

I find it interesting that in these mass murder cases, people have no problems saying the shooter must have been insane, but mention the possibility in any other case, and it won't go over well. Say that Austin Sigg or Craig Wood was insane and there is strong disagreement. Is it because the shooter in a mass murder usually kills themselves, so there is no worries about them being declared not guilty by reason of insanity and getting out of the hospital one day?

Maybe. Or maybe it's just the ultimate act of making yourself dead that people find so hard to understand, so think it must be insanity? Most people simply can't imagine killing themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches