CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
His manifesto is absolutely packed with 'self entitlement' and I've only got to him hitting 5 years old.

What seems bizarre is that he probably would have had the entitlement he was looking for if he'd stayed in the UK. His looks were good enough to have made him a model and his air of superiority would have put an old Etonian to shame. Andrew Gold's song Lonely Boy could have been written just for him.

His effeminate, narcissistic personality and the way he talks reminds me so much of Luka Magnotta.

His manifesto is absolutely packed with 'self entitlement' and I've only got to him hitting 5 years old.

What seems bizarre is that he probably would have had the entitlement he was looking for if he'd stayed in the UK. His looks were good enough to have made him a model and his air of superiority would have put an old Etonian to shame. Andrew Gold's song Lonely Boy could have been written just for him.

I haven't read the manifesto yet, though I am intrigued enough to think I will read it. I would take his memories of his childhood with a grain of salt. Given that he sounds very self-centred, entitled, angry, and so forth, I think his memories would be pretty well tainted by his recent obsessions and grievances.

I haven't read the manifesto yet, though I am intrigued enough to think I will read it. I would take his memories of his childhood with a grain of salt. Given that he sounds very self-centred, entitled, angry, and so forth, I think his memories would be pretty well tainted by his recent obsessions and grievances.

If the end result wasn't so tragic it would actually be a good read. I'm only up to page 26 but it's clearly written unlike some 'manifestos' that turn out to be inane ramblings. By his own account he's led a quite enviable childhood yet he just doesn't see it as that. The amount of times he's mentioned words like "upscaled", "wealthy", "prestigious", "cool" and "supreme" really stand out.

Too many families are robbed these days at the hands of somebody striving to be considered "cool". :(

Well in addition to buying into toxic masculinity (only a real man if you get sex; women suck because they withhold sex; women are *advertiser censored* if they have sex but they should still be sleeping with me, etc), he also was apparently a racist: he couldn't BELIEVE that a black guy and his Mexican roommates had sex with women and he hadn't.

And it couldn't possibly have been that those dudes maybe had personality and good qualities - nope, it's because women are stupid $luts who would actually have sex with black and Mexican guys and not an obvious priZe like him! :puke:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaand after taking a spin around the internets this morning, I see there are tons of commenters (men) saying they understand how this guy felt, it's feminism's fault that this happened, and that apparently if men are not given sex, or enough sex, this type of thing is inevitable. :eek:hoh:

Didn't Adam Lanza have a diagnosis of Aspergers? I don't know about ER, but folks with Aspergers definitely have difficulty with social interaction. Adam, if I recall, was also a loner who didn't have a girlfriend or sexual partner.

I found this article interesting - disputing Aspergers and violent tendencies.

http://www.disabled-world.com/editorials/violent.php

MOO

Mel

Or more likely folks who have difficulty with social interaction can be diagnosed with Aspergers.

Good catch on the lip gloss, and I agree, had to have had an identity crisis going on. All that anger towards women, but he also stabs his three male roommates? I wonder if he killed them to punish them or to silence them?

He appears to have hated men as well if these men were not white but could get women.

He appears to have hated men as well if these men were not white but could get women.

He hated EVERY man that blondes found attractive. He especially hated the jock/surfer boisterous type. So he actually hated more white males than non-white males.

Also, I have not heard the identities of his roommates yet. In his manifesto, he states that they were foreign students from Asia. However, I don't know if he got new roommates in the last few months or not.

Ughhh, as in "the" Dr. Charles Sophy, the quack from Dr. Phil, who also treated Russell and Taylor Armstrong (before Russell offed himself), then went on to shortly date Taylor (from Real Housewives). He's been wildly accused of treating the rich and famous and neglecting his real job of working for the Department of Children and Family Services.

Wonder if this is the same person:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/02/entertainment/la-et-0903-housewives-sophy-20110903

MOO

Mel

I think that's him. ER says that he went to the doctor's office in Beverly Hills.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...owing-revenge-against-women-rejected-him.html

"Speaking from her home in Kent, Elliot’s grandmother, 89, explained that he had suffered mental health issues for some time.

She said: ‘He was a very disturbed boy."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...against-women-rejected-him.html#ixzz32hvVIV4v
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ugh! Grandma knew it! So why did the parents think shipping their "very disturbed" young man off to Isla Vista was a good idea ... for anyone???

Also:

Rodger was living with roommates at the Independent Living Institute in Santa Barbara, a facility that offers 'living skills instruction to help adults with disabilities to live more independently in their communities,' according to the website.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638427/He-disturbed-boy-British-grandmother-Santa-Barbara-mass-killer-boy-grew-Hollywood-royalty-posted-chilling-blogs-vowing-revenge-against-women-rejected-him.html
If the above is true then why was he able to go for days/weeks w/o leaving his apartment and no one checked-in on him; he quit school and no one was alerted/alarmed; he bought firearms and no one was aware; etc, etc, and, wouldn't his parents have been contacted by the "facility" as a result of his erratic behavior???

Ugh! Sounds like this was a ticking time bomb and those closest to him knew it!!! JMO

I just saw a short clip of him, haven't read the manifesto or watched his video yet. At first glance, he looks like and sounds like Canadian murderer and psycho Luka Magnotta. Gender identity issues, sexual issues, extreme narcissism, extreme online presence. I won't be surprised if this Elliot has many online usernames and websites dedicated to himself. AMO

The video is posted on TMZ, just finished watching it.
Chilling....

Ugh! Grandma knew it! So why did the parents think shipping their "very disturbed" young man off to Isla Vista was a good idea ... for anyone???

Also:

If the above is true then why was he able to go for days/weeks w/o leaving his apartment and no one checked-in on him; he quit school and no one was alerted/alarmed; he bought firearms and no one was aware; etc, etc, and, wouldn't his parents have been contacted by the "facility" as a result of his erratic behavior???

Ugh! Sounds like this was a ticking time bomb and those closest to him knew it!!! JMO

It must be devastating for the victim's families to think it could have been prevented if the police only saw how he viewed the world.

He definitely had ticking time bomb written all over him but therein lies the problem i.e how do you begin to defuse the bomb without it looking like Minority Report?

Elliot at Hunger premiere and listening to Whitney

The Hunger Games tells of a dystopian world where teens fight each other to the death in a televised spectacle.

$80 million to make and grossed nearly $700 million
other noteworthy credit was a 2009 documentary called Oh My God. The film, which asked people from various backgrounds and faiths about what God was to them, cost nearly $1.3 million to make but grossed only about $38,000.

Elliot was included in on on-screen credits. ‘I put my family through a lot of difficulties making this film because I was away a long time.’
Rodger is currently listed as working as an assistant director on an animated short called Amazon: Crossroads to Survival.

videos (at the end of the day- a sad, sick and lost soul)

This one is compliation! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-jCSZh2tMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdiWpI94z4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFAt3ChOsuA

http://www.news.com.au/world/califo...the-hunger-games/story-fndir2ev-1226930701690

Another kook with a head full of bad wiring, no morality and a big hole in their soul.

All it needed was a Judge's hearing and an issued mental writ. I've served a tractor trailer truck load of them, but SOMEONE WITH KNOWLEDGE and EVIDENCE has to PRESENT it to the Judge......FIRST.

Where was the quack shrinks? the Dad?, the Stepmom?, the Mother? I can almost guarantee, the Police told the family we can go speak with him, but to have any "real" authority to DO ANYTHING YOU need to go see a Judge.

Were they all too busy to swear an affidavit, then have a Judge rule and the cops "seize the body of" ER? Obviously so.

A Mental Writ sure woulda coulda shoulda been a cheap investment in personal involvement in hind sight.

It must be devastating for the victim's families to think it could have been prevented if the police only saw how he viewed the world.

He definitely had ticking time bomb written all over him but therein lies the problem i.e how do you begin to defuse the bomb without it looking like Minority Report?

Haven't seen the film.

BBM - I agree but I don't feel comfortable putting much responsibility on LE when the family had years of close interaction with ER.

From what I've read so far, all the clues to ER's mental ill-health seem to have been clear to parents, grandparent and probably health care providers.

Yet ... a decision was made to ship off this "very disturbed" young man, who refused medication, into the midst of an enclave of beautiful, young, many blonde, surfer type, males and females - the exact profiles that ER detested/resented - not that it appears, from his writings, that anyone would have been safe around him with his skewed thoughts.

:notgood:

I live about an hour and a half from Santa Barbara, woke up to this awful news this morning. I watched part of the YouTube video uploaded by the suspect the day before the shooting, but had to stop after two minutes, because it repulsed me.

Since LE has not yet confirmed the identity of the suspect, I don't think I can post his name or a link to the video yet...?

Multiple witnesses reported seeing two men in the car, but LE is not confirming that. They are saying they believe the driver acted alone.

Here's an article from SB's local news station, KEYT. They interviewed a couple of witnesses, including a girl who was shot at and escaped:
http://www.keyt.com/news/shooting-in-isla-vista/26152454

From the article:
"One woman identified as Sierra told Sanchez she was approached by two men in a black BMW. The driver flashed a small black handgun and asked '"Hey, what's up?"'

Sierra, who was visibly shaken, said she thought it was an airsoft gun and kept walking. She said seconds later, she felt something buzz by her head and quickly realized they were bullets. Three or four of them.

Sierra said she ran into a nearby home filled with strangers and explained what happened. She looked down and saw her iPhone had been shattered.
"

THIS is why people have doubts about the "official" account of this type of event. There are always witness accounts that eventually are ignored the next day or so, and then it's claimed there was only one suspect who committed suicide. Isn't that a simple way to close a case.

PLUS, the police were called because his family was concerned about his behavior, etc., and the cops did NOTHING, except speak with him. Then his family dropped it, too?

All so tragic. :facepalm:

Well, his parents could've had him hospitalized with a psych hold because he was homicidal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong