CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the general consensus that MG disposed of the baby in the missing hour?

brought over from thread #1:
In the surveillance footage, he is seen driving TOWARDS home, on Cloverdale Road.
View attachment 77876

Now........ where did he come from, allowing him to drive down Cloverdale right past the Happy Mart (shown as a marker in the bottom right of the picture):
View attachment 77877

If speeding, hurriedly shallow-burying the baby (10 minutes minimum?), then speeding back, how far could he have gone? It makes sense that they would search where they are.

And they came out and said as a summary to all of this, that "Jamie is safe".

You all know what IMO that suggests. That she might not have been safe if the hospital wasn't locked down without him there. JMO that indicates he may have threatened her. JMO

Maybe he was wanting a murder- suicide? Kill her then himself.

A group is planning to release pink balloons for baby Ember, whom authorities are still searching for since she was last seen July 1.

The release is planned for 3 p.m., though there is no official gathering spot. Instead, many are planning to release them from their home or other spots around Shasta County.

Organizers ask that you use latex balloons only. For more information, visit: [removed the link]

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/graham-on-the-lam-sheriff-says_71911643

I understand the sentiment, but... really? Not only do I hate balloon releases and what they do to the environment - including the so-called "eco friendly" ones - but is this an appropriate time to do so?

You may need to step away for a bit if it's affecting you so deeply. :( My children are adults now or I could not even handle things like I see here. This happens every day, all day long, somewhere. I don't think there is one day that goes by without a case similar to this or at least a very small missing child. It's horrible but it is reality! Don't let it make you sick, just take a break. Go watch kitten videos on youtube for an hour .

Went and watched the adorable Minion movie with the most adorable date ever, then we got ice cream. Now I am back and ready for more. I do take WS breaks when needed and will again if needed.

I've been reading today only when my littlest one (9mos) is napping. Been spending lots of time with just him today while the older kids are with the grandparents. He is probably wondering about the extra snuggles today, but doesn't seem to mind. I have 4.. 3 of them are 7 and under. They are infuriating. They interfere with things I'm trying to do. They frustrate me to no end at times. But I can't imagine ever hurting one of them. I don't understand people.

If she was so cranky that his fuse was getting short it seems that he has family he could have called for a break. No shame in doing that. I've told my husband before, "I'm going lock the bedroom door and go take a 2 hour bath. I need a break because I'm getting really frustrated." It appears that he had some type of support system he could have turned to.

I'm leaning towards accidental death, throw some negligence in there followed by an intensely selfish cover up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the better word his mother might have used to describe him would be volatile. His face registers rage, not remorse. It is written all over him. All these things -- being married, being a parent, needing money, are cruel injustices. He feels owed. He seems like a true narcissist to me.

Methamphetamine use is rampant in Shasta county. I could almost promise you he's a meth user too. Once those people start, they rarely stop, and everything else becomes diminished in importance. Pot and its derivatives are not really the problem here -- it's meth. Almost always.

RBBM

The thing is, for men, there aren't any options if they don't want to be a parent. They don't have the right to choose abortion, and they don't have the right to offer their baby for adoption if the mother says no. They don't have the option of saying okay, well, I'm not going to support you - a subpeona will be served, and they will be taken to court for child support.

As it should be, actually, is what I believe. But men who don't want to parent and have an accidental pregnancy have no options whatsoever. Only the women have those options. I wonder if there would be less violence done to kids if men did have options.

Which, I guess they do. They can choose not to have sex.

You are absolutely correct. I dont know if there is a law already but maybe there should be stating that a father can terminate his rights and responsibility if he can prove that the mother chose to keep a child against his wishes. In my opinion this would need to be done while the child is still in utero or soon after birth. I dont want men choosing to be fathers to decide when the kid is old enough to know him deciding that he no longer wants the responsibilities. I dont know. I just wish people knew that there are many options beyond murder.

I have lived in California my whole life and did not know it was perfectly legal to conceal-carry weapons in California. I just spoke with the Chief of Police who lives down the block. He said it is not all that common. In order to get a legal conceal carry permit, the applicant must be of "good moral character," already have a gun permit in good standing, needs a darn good reason (verifiable) and may never have a criminal record. Of course, this doesn't stop anyone from purchasing an illegal gun, which is fairly common. Every time SF LE has a "buy-back" gun program, hundreds are turned in for a small amount of cash. A lot of guns with the serial numbers filed off turn up, and occasionally a gun used in a crime or stolen. Scary.

IMO, I bet grandma always packed a pistol, so she thought nothing of it. And I bet grandma was buying the 'kidnapping' story, because this is HER SON. IMO if grandma had turned on her son, wasn't buying what he was selling, she wouldn't go in front of press and say 'he's fragile' -- instead, she would zip-it! IMO Maybe cuz' grandma was from Fla., she doesn't know son too well right now - you know, doesn't know him well enough to tell if he's lying. Maybe Matthew told that big 'kidnapping' fish tale to the (modsnip) cuz' he's a big liar every which way and meebee sometimes people fell for his lies. (It pretty much goes w/o saying that ipso facto, if you're a big time drug user, and drug producer, etc., you are a constant liar.)

Does anyone have some info' about the '2 big barking dogs' that were outside - - were those his? neighbors?

I also wonder why he phoned police at 0530am - I'd think he'd wait as long as he could and say he just kept sleeping cuz' normally the baby woke him.... Meebee he couldn't sleep and thought he'd look much more suspicious if he didn't phone (modsnip) on the early side.

Do I get this right that outside temp' was 90 degrees and that little baby was in her crib sleeping in that heat? I would think if she woke up ev' 2 hrs., she'd wake up LOUD cuz' she'd feel uncomfortably dehydrated, sweaty....

I wonder what the heck Matthew said to the police that they KNOW he did this ??? The sheriff said in this press conf' that there's already enough to hold Matthew on the murder of the baby & charge him.

I wonder what the heck happened - Matthew seemed to love that baby so much - all I can guess is that he went nutz/psycho on some combo of drugs....

One 'good thing' is Matthew has a conscience - here in MN we are awaiting the Jan 2016 MURDER ONE trial for a dad, Pierre Collins, believed to have murdered his 10 y old son for recently purchased life insurance (total $50K) - all on tape. Threads are here at WSleuth, and they begin from the day dad phoned po po to say his son 'vanished', and IMO it seemed like he was trying to get the (modssnip) to think the child's small school van driver was the likely culprit...

Good post. But I don't know that we can determine he has a conscience. He referred to as missing baby as "it." I cannot forget that.

He had a head start and still hasn't been found. If mother is ex-LE she knows LE is not going to harm him because they want him alive to tell them where to find Ember.

JMO

Since he is armed, he's at very great risk for being shot by the cops. She knows that. Cops don't like the possibility of getting killed.

Do you think she started putting the pieces of the puzzle together and questioned him, cornered him, and he lost it?

I believe so. I think he felt "trapped" and reacted like a caged animal. Same with Ember - he felt trapped and angered. He is impulsive - flight or fight and will do both until confronted by an unbeatable force. I have a feeling when he knows he's trapped for good - he will be impulsive and take himself out. I don't see him taking others out - he's cowardly in a way. Anyone who harms a defenseless child is a coward in my opinion .

We have so many guests reading here for Ember--

Please join!!! We want to hear your thoughts.

We care. So do you.

I have lived in California my whole life and did not know it was perfectly legal to conceal-carry weapons in California. I just spoke with the Chief of Police who lives down the block. He said it is not all that common. In order to get a legal conceal carry permit, the applicant must be of "good moral character," already have a gun permit in good standing, needs a darn good reason (verifiable) and may never have a criminal record. Of course, this doesn't stop anyone from purchasing an illegal gun, which is fairly common. Every time SF LE has a "buy-back" gun program, hundreds are turned in for a small amount of cash. A lot of guns with the serial numbers filed off turn up, and occasionally a gun used in a crime or stolen. Scary.
It's usually a business owner who takes cash to the bank. But there are plenty of other scenarios.

He had a head start and still hasn't been found. If mother is ex-LE she knows LE is not going to harm him because they want him alive to tell them where to find Ember.

JMO

But if he pulls the stolen gun on LE, all bets would be off.

IMO, I bet grandma always packed a pistol, so she thought nothing of it. And I bet grandma was buying the 'kidnapping' story, because this is HER SON. IMO if grandma had turned on her son, wasn't buying what he was selling, she wouldn't go in front of press and say 'he's fragile' -- instead, she would zip-it! IMO Maybe cuz' grandma was from Fla., she doesn't know son too well right now - you know, doesn't know him well enough to tell if he's lying. Maybe Matthew told that big 'kidnapping' fish tale to the (modsnip) cuz' he's a big liar every which way and meebee sometimes people fell for his lies. (It pretty much goes w/o saying that ipso facto, if you're a big time drug user, and drug producer, etc., you are a constant liar.)

Does anyone have some info' about the '2 big barking dogs' that were outside - - were those his? neighbors?

I also wonder why he phoned police at 0530am - I'd think he'd wait as long as he could and say he just kept sleeping cuz' normally the baby woke him.... Meebee he couldn't sleep and thought he'd look much more suspicious if he didn't phone (modsnip) on the early side.

Do I get this right that outside temp' was 90 degrees and that little baby was in her crib sleeping in that heat? I would think if she woke up ev' 2 hrs., she'd wake up LOUD cuz' she'd feel uncomfortably dehydrated, sweaty....

I wonder what the heck Matthew said to the police that they KNOW he did this ??? The sheriff said in this press conf' that there's already enough to hold Matthew on the murder of the baby & charge him.

I wonder what the heck happened - Matthew seemed to love that baby so much - all I can guess is that he went nutz/psycho on some combo of drugs....

One 'good thing' is Matthew has a conscience - here in MN we are awaiting the Jan 2016 MURDER ONE trial for a dad, Pierre Collins, believed to have murdered his 10 y old son for recently purchased life insurance (total $50K) - all on tape. Threads are here at WSleuth, and they begin from the day dad phoned po po to say his son 'vanished', and IMO it seemed like he was trying to get the (modssnip) to think the child's small school van driver was the likely culprit...

For the most part I agree with you and I think we are on the same side, but you said a few things that "bothered" me so please allow me, with respect, to comment on those. BBM those statements in your post.

1. I think this depends on which drugs we are talking about. In general, in states where marijuana is now legal, I don't think being a pot smoker or producer equates to being a liar because they now have nothing to hide, if you know what I mean. Yes, Matthew Graham is definitely a liar but I think that has less to do with his drug use/production and more to do with his character in general.

2. I don't recall this in the press conference and if this is what they said, it's actually really big. Can someone please post the link again or confirm this information with a written article?

3. I agree with others here. I don't see that he loved Ember at all. I think he was going through the motions of what everyone expected of him but in general viewed Ember and his marriage as burdens to his life. I think the mother was a much more devoted parent.

4. "combo of drugs", I think so far the only thing mentioned and confirmed has been MJ but I wouldn't be surprised if other stuff is involved as well. Speaking of it, didn't LE say that they found the beginning of a MJ extraction setup at his trailer? And is there any way that same setup could/would also be used in the production of meth? Would they be able to determine that if it hadn't yet been used in that manner?

5. You think he has a conscience? If I may ask, what gives you that impression?

I have zero problem with pot. Alcohol is dangerous. More domestic violence, fights, child abuse, vandalism, murder etc., occurs with alcohol then any other drug. In fact, marijuana is not associated with any of those things really.

I also don't think medical marijuana production in the state of California where it is legal is indicative of a character problem either.

But marijuana does come into play in this case because he admitted to passing out while being high on wax, even though he was supposed to be caring for his very medically fragile little baby. A baby who, according to her mother, woke often during the night.

In addition, he posted on his Facebook that he was considering producing wax to earn money. And that tells me a lot about his character and level of responsibility and concern for his child. First of all, while personal medical marijuana growing is legal in California, business production is not. Yet he's posting his intentions publicly, on social media.

In addition, he has a criminal record. I believe it involves drugs but I can't be sure. In any event, being on probation makes the production of marijuana even more risky and problematic. What responsible caring father risk his freedom in that manner?

And looking at his criminal background coupled with how he is currently living - no running water or useable plumbing- we know that he is not a responsible businessman intending to create a well run, and above board business venture. (Which is quite possible with marijuana production, BTW.) looking at his family, it appears that his lifestyle is a great departure from where he came.

All of this tells me that this is an extremely irresponsible, reckless, I'm concerned father, whose own needs take precedence over anyone else's. Including his vulnerable infant.

Can someone point me to where he called Ember "it"? I keep seeing reference to it but not sure where it came from.

"He's done nothing to help clear his name with us at all," Kropholler shared. "I spoke with him at length and at one point he even referred to her as 'it' instead of her and that to me just shows that he just doesn't have remorse or concern like a concerned parent."

http://www.krcrtv.com/sheriffs-office-suspending-ground-search-for-missing-infant/34043324

It's sad to see this case and where it seems to be headed. really hoping there's some kind of peace for this family.

Is the general consensus that MG disposed of the baby in the missing hour?

brought over from thread #1:

If speeding, hurriedly shallow-burying the baby (10 minutes minimum?), then speeding back, how far could he have gone? It makes sense that they would search where they are.

I don't think he would speed. Why risk getting caught? He would likely go exactly the speed limit, neither faster, nor slower. OTOH, he hasn't shown good judgement or coherent thinking at any point yet, so you might be right about speeding.

I have a permit to carry in Florida and use a very good app to always know what states have reciprocity and where my permit is usable.

My FL carry permit is not valid in California and, in fact, California does not recognize permits from any other state.

I am not retired LE so that could possibly change things, but I doubt it.

If I had a missing grand baby in CA I would not pack my bags and jump in a car and drive across the nation...No, I would catch an airline flight. That would seem to me to be the bigger problem in trying to get a handgun into CA. I cannot imagine how she did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong