Sex - Female
Missing Age - 31 Years
Height - 4' 10" (58 Inches)
Weight - 80 - 120 lbs
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact - March 5, 1957
Location - Crescent City, California
County - Del Norte County
Circumstances of Disappearance - Emily Williams was last known to be in Del Norte County in 1957.
Hair Color - Brown
Investigating Agencies
CASE OWNER - San Francisco Police Department

It would be useful to have any additional information such as a precise birthdate or place or middle name. On Ancestry there are multiple records for an Emily Grace Williams, born 18 September 1925, who married Malcolm Basil Leonard in 1942. Malcolm Leonard died in 1962 and Emily Leonard went on to marry Charles Peak in 1963. This Emily lived until 1997. The only problem is that this person and the records show no connection to California, all being from New York. It may just be a coincidence of names and dates, or there may be an explanation which brings matters together, but only some more details for the missing Emily would allow that to be determined.

I agree, just a few small details in some of these old cases would help. I have a feeling that is not the same Emily as on Malcolm Leonard Find a Grave there is some information about his death (died in a boating accident trying to save victims of a boating accident) in his obit it says survived by wife. Being 1962 and her missing in 1957 I wouldn't think they would write that?

I agree, just a few small details in some of these old cases would help. I have a feeling that is not the same Emily as on Malcolm Leonard Find a Grave there is some information about his death (died in a boating accident trying to save victims of a boating accident) in his obit it says survived by wife. Being 1962 and her missing in 1957 I wouldn't think they would write that?
I also have doubts but do not think we can be sure. On Ancestry I can find records for Emily Leonard in New York City Directories in many years, but there is a gap between 1957 and 1960. If, for some reason, she was in California in that period and simply returned to New York it would fit with the facts. But I agree that is more likely to be a false trail than the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back