Found Deceased CA - Emma Pangelinan, 13, Mission Viejo, 21 Jan 2018

The Orange County Sheriff has posted a couple of updates on their official Twitter page. No official confirmation has been made that Emma has or has not been found.

https://twitter.com/OCSD

#OCSDPIO (1/2) Today at approx noon, a civilian located a deceased individual in the heavily brushed area near Pinecrest Park in Mission Viejo.
It is possible that it may be our missing juvenile, but the coroners office has to officially identify before we can confirm...

#OCSDPIO (2/2) ...At this time does not appear that the death was suspicious, but a thorough investigation will be conducted.

Correct, however this area is not one where children are often found deceased in parks.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBM: So there is an area where children are often found deceased in parks, but this is not it?

So if it's not suspicious are they saying suicide? Overdose? Or did she have some other medical issue we don't know about? I'm struggling to understand how a dead juvenile in a park isn't suspicious....

So if it's not suspicious are they saying suicide? Overdose? Or did she have some other medical issue we don't know about? I'm struggling to understand how a dead juvenile in a park isn't suspicious....
Bicycle wreck and hit her head maybe?

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

Correct, however this area is not one where children are often found deceased in parks. Though I understand why, lately, some may believe it is.

I am a member of a neighborhood group that her friends/family are also in. It is her.

Do they know the cause of death? This is unbelievably sad…

Nothing has been said re: COD, however, the fact that there was not an Amber Alert issued for her, they referred to her as at-risk, and stated the death is not suspicious, and some people’s comments who are close to this situation, my instincts say it was probably a suicide.

Poor baby [emoji22]

SBM: So there is an area where children are often found deceased in parks, but this is not it?

Perhaps this person meant that it is an out of way area, well hidden? I don't think they meant it the way you are taking their post.

I read that she was found in an area that was heavy with brush. Not sure what to make of that. Perhaps she fell and hurt herself, but how she landed in the brush would be suspect to me. I know some folks hinted at suicide, and it could be that, but how?

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends. Another young life taken way too young. May she rest in peace with the angels.

Suicide? At 13? How incredibly sad that would be, if true. Her poor parents. I wonder what was going on in her young life that suicide would be an option to her?

Bullying? Arguing with parents? Parents recently split up or divorced? Trouble with older siblings? Mental, physical or sexual abuse? I hope it's not cuz some geeky boy didn't like her at school.

Poor little thing. My heart goes out to her.

IMO

If it is a suicide I hope they investigate why she would kill herself. If it is true it's really sad for a 13 year old to feel that hopeless. I live by that park and there isn't much going on there right now which tells me the OC Sheriff's Dept has concluded that it was not foul play or a crime otherwise they would still be there investigating.

I will be really upset if she has been bullied on social media. This is a behaviour that continues to run rampant, especially among girls starting around age 12. Schools and parents really need to do a better job of monitoring this behaviour and sharing the pain it causes to the victim.

What puzzles me is that she was found in heavy brush.

What does SBM stand for? My investigation into possible acronyms is only giving me disrespectful results, so I just wanted to ask what you meant by it before I respond.

What does SBM stand for? My investigation into possible acronyms is only giving me disrespectful results, so I just wanted to ask what you meant by it before I respond.

I believe it means Snipped By Me and indicates that they only quoted part of a larger response. Not meant to be disrespectful for sure. There is a list of WS acronyms around here somewhere that I'll try to find if no one else beats me to posting them first.

Here is a link to WS Lingo: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193885

The first post on that thread has been very helpful to me.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I believe it means Snipped By Me and indicates that they only quoted part of a larger response. Not meant to be disrespectful for sure. There is a list of WS acronyms around here somewhere that I'll try to find if no one else beats me to posting them first.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Ah, ok lol gotcha.
The few choices that google provided were not nearly as boring.

I wasn’t implying that there are places where finding children’s bodies is a common occurrence. In our usually sleepy town where most calls to police are to report a car that has been parked in one spot too long, we had Blaze Bernstein murdered and found in a park and then this young girl who was also found in a park within about 2 weeks. So, that was where that comment came from. I apologize if it came across another way.

When my kids were in middle school, there were two suicides of 13 yr olds. It was very tragic and shocking.

One girl hung herself, in her parents bedroom, after school. She was supposed to be in an after school program, but she ditched early, and walked home and left a brief note, and hung herself from a planter hook. She took the fern down, put it on the carpet, and hung the rope from the hook in the ceiling. She was only 13.

Apparently, she was angry at her parents because they were talking about divorcing. And she had been depressed for awhile and had been in family counseling. She was not on any meds though.

I knew a lot about it because her mother was best friends with one of my very good friends. And I was so interested and so shocked and scared, as my kids were close to her in age. It was frightening and devastating.

A year later there was an almost 14 yr old boy who purposely OD'd on meds he took from his grandmother. He also left a note and was sad about a break up with a girl friend and the belief he would never get over it. That made me so sad. :cry:

...13 is a very tough age. So many hormones, so many emotional waves and so much overwhelm and doubt and insecurity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back