Found Deceased CA - Eric Batzdorff, 42, dropped off his children, Alameda, 11 Aug 2019

I just don't like the sound of this.

The man was going to have his daughters within 45 minutes. I know depressed people do some strange things that we wouldn't expect, but if he did self harm, would he do this knowing his daughters were coming in a few minutes?

I wonder if there is any video from the neighbors as to when he arrived and when he left. Is there a GPS in his vehicle? I wonder where his phone last pinged?
Wait, I thought he was last seen "dropping off" his daughters to their Mom?

"Jon Batzdorff said his son (Eric) has been despondent over challenges in his life. “We are very concerned for him,” he said.

Jon Batzdorff said that after his son left Santa Rosa at midday Sunday, he drove to the home of his daughters’ mother. His younger daughter went inside, and her mom told Batzdorff she would bring both girls to his apartment 45 minutes later, at 3 p.m.

Batzdorff and his car were not at the apartment when his wife and daughters arrived.

The family contacted the Alameda Police Department and reported Batzdorff missing.

Jon Batzdorff said it appears that his son’s cellphone powered down at some point. He said it might be possible to track his son’s movement electronically, but that would require a court order and such orders are not granted when there is no indication that a person’s disappearance involved the commission of a crime."
Anguished Sonoma County family awaits word about missing loved one

Family, Friends Gather in Search of Missing Alameda Father

Eric+Batzdorff-0818.jpg

The death appears to be a suicide, Oakland Officer Johnna Watson said.

“As many of you know by now, my beautiful brother is gone. He was an amazing son, father, brother, friend and colleague. May his memory be a blessing. Please do not define him by the last thing he did, but rather think of all the light he spread,” Lisa Batzdorff, Eric’s sister, posted on Facebook.

Missing Jewish Alameda man found dead in East Oakland – J.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back