Found Deceased CA - Erika Lloyd, 37, car found vandalized near Twentynine Palms & Joshua Tree NP, 14 June 2020

If foul play not determined = no investigation = no SARS ?? Lots of missing pieces here . Praying she is ok somewhere off the grid ...
So many times I feel signs of foul play are present but LE does not ..
There are predators all over that live on the edges . Wild card yes but LE views situations very differently than we do . I pray they are correct MOO frustrating ! Too much lost time in days following disappearance :(

Just watching videos, I think she wanted to go to the park to commit suicide, but got spooked when the rangers placed a note on her car. I think she was able to get the car to work and it finally gave up on Shelton Rd. And she started walking in the desert. However, I don’t discount a kidnapping because she would have driven at night and it’s dark as *advertiser censored** out there at night. No lights on CA-62 over that way.

Just watching videos, I think she wanted to go to the park to commit suicide, but got spooked when the rangers placed a note on her car. I think she was able to get the car to work and it finally gave up on Shelton Rd. And she started walking in the desert. However, I don’t discount a kidnapping because she would have driven at night and it’s dark as *advertiser censored** out there at night. No lights on CA-62 over that way.
Hi Rock, and welcome. Thanks for being here and posting. Yes, it is hotter than hades there this time of year, and gets pitch black at night. Her chances of having survived without gear are very slim, let alone the possibility of foul play.

As far as to whether she drove the car out of the park, I was hoping the video they had of the car leaving would reveal that. So far, no luck. Strange case.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Hi Rock, and welcome. Thanks for being here and posting. Yes, it is hotter than hades there this time of year, and gets pitch black at night. Her chances of having survived without gear are very slim, let alone the possibility of foul play.

As far as to whether she drove the car out of the park, I was hoping the video they had of the car leaving would reveal that. So far, no luck. Strange case.

Oh I know, I’ve been through that area exactly 4 years ago. The heat and wind are unbearable at times.

BTW, has anyone actually seen the footage? Can it be accessed anyplace?

I’m sorry to see there is no new info, although the info we already has is so confusing I’m not sure “more” would help. Clear info would certainly help. I’m really praying this is all some horrible disconnect/miscommunication/Erika just wanting to be away from people for awhile.

I think the most confusing part is the car being so badly vandalized for lack of a better term and then it being moved. So is she still considered missing/in danger (whether from others or self?) or is LE just saying we’re backing off?

Praying for a positive outcome. We need a win.

Car was seen leaving, but not arriving?
Still a fairly busy area between the campground and car dumping spot.
Phone and banking details would be really helpful.
I thought about the military base as soon as I saw 29 Palms. Hard core training facilities there. Hoping the Marine wasn't involved. He did not survive...

I still don't understand why the discrepancy between Big Sur and JTNP. IIRC, she had publicized that she was going to Big Sur. Somehow she ended up at JTNP. Is there some non-nefarious explanation that has been given? Perhaps I missed it.

I still don't understand why the discrepancy between Big Sur and JTNP. IIRC, she had publicized that she was going to Big Sur. Somehow she ended up at JTNP. Is there some non-nefarious explanation that has been given? Perhaps I missed it.
It started out Big Sur. Then after a while articles quoted the family saying JTNP. It’s just a jumbled up mess. I can barely follow anymore.

It's still odd to me how her car ended up at a campsite with no camping gear in it or near it. Unless she was just planning on sleeping in her car? I suppose it might get cool enough at night to do so. But out in the desert, you'd think there would be food, water, etc. at least found there. Are there any trailheads or hiking trails accessible from this campground? Or would it be odd to find a vehicle alone with no camper nearby?

My first idea had been maybe she left to go hiking, came back and found the vandalized car/note from a ranger, it spooked her that someone did that to her car, so she took off and broke down where the car was found to encounter some foul play at that time. But if the rangers found the car vandalized/left the note Monday and the video footage didn't put her car as leaving until Tuesday night, I doubt she would have stuck around that long. I mean, maybe she came back, found the car vandalized and went ahead and slept in her car that night and hung out there all Tuesday, but that seems odd to me. Even if cell service is bad or nonexistent, if my car had been vandalized, I'd be trying to get help way sooner than that, either by trying to find another camper nearby, walking to a park road, etc. Or just trying to get the heck out of there if I was spooked by leaving that same day. The time between the vandalism and the car leaving is what boggles my mind. It almost seems like someone did something to her in the park/by her car and then came back later to move the vehicle. But why draw attention to the car by also vandalizing it?

I am so confused on this case! MOO

It's still odd to me how her car ended up at a campsite with no camping gear in it or near it. Unless she was just planning on sleeping in her car? I suppose it might get cool enough at night to do so. But out in the desert, you'd think there would be food, water, etc. at least found there. Are there any trailheads or hiking trails accessible from this campground? Or would it be odd to find a vehicle alone with no camper nearby?

My first idea had been maybe she left to go hiking, came back and found the vandalized car/note from a ranger, it spooked her that someone did that to her car, so she took off and broke down where the car was found to encounter some foul play at that time. But if the rangers found the car vandalized/left the note Monday and the video footage didn't put her car as leaving until Tuesday night, I doubt she would have stuck around that long. I mean, maybe she came back, found the car vandalized and went ahead and slept in her car that night and hung out there all Tuesday, but that seems odd to me. Even if cell service is bad or nonexistent, if my car had been vandalized, I'd be trying to get help way sooner than that, either by trying to find another camper nearby, walking to a park road, etc. Or just trying to get the heck out of there if I was spooked by leaving that same day. The time between the vandalism and the car leaving is what boggles my mind. It almost seems like someone did something to her in the park/by her car and then came back later to move the vehicle. But why draw attention to the car by also vandalizing it?

I am so confused on this case! MOO

When the car was found on tuesday, it was stuck in the sand and broken down. So someone attempted to drive it.

When the car was found on tuesday, it was stuck in the sand and broken down. So someone attempted to drive it.
I saw a video on Viemo yesterday from a lady who said that she owned land in between Shelton Rd and Danby Rd. While she was driving on Shelton Rd, she crossed the intersection of Shelton and South St going toward CA-62. To the right of South St, there is a sign that said that there was soft sand in the area, to keep out. I wonder if the driver hit soft sand and couldn't get out. The video was from 11 months ago btw.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back