GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused...what would explain the car not being found sooner?

Sorry, first time posting with new format....didn't include quote.

It was from the JVM fb, the comment from AN.

It had bothered me that her car was not found until a day after people were searching for her. So if that comment holds any water...it would explain the delay.

Someone here said that even last week, Erin's disappearance was not huge news on the base. So the car not being found until Monday is not a big deal. LE only became aware on Sunday. Jmo

Jmo, but it looks to me that LE believes Erin went to JT. I doubt very much they would be out there searching simply because her husband told them she said she was going there. I do not find it that odd...she was in a new place, she would want to show her parents local attractions or areas. Maybe she did tell her husband more about her plans, but we (the public) have not been informed. Maybe LE knows her pings stopped at the park, for example and any later plans she may have had are not much of an issue.

Also, IMO, a "best friend" can also be one's best friend in a particular place. I have a "best friend" where I live now, and also someone I consider my "best friend" from back home. Jmo

While it is very common to have best friends in the Marine Corps that is from your own unit it is equally common to become best friends with someone who may live close by in your own housing area on base. All the Marine families I have known at this age are very social, and tend to interact closely with other Marine families that live close to them.

LE certainly does seem to think Erin is in the park. They have concentrated all of their search efforts there. So they have to have something that is leading them in this direction. Are there cameras at the entrance of this park? I did read a comment earlier on under an article where a local said the local news said there had been someone who had seen Erin in the park that morning. So maybe those are a combination of things leading them to search the park area only.

I wonder if anything of evidentiary value was found in her vehicle such as blood spatter? Imo, LE is not looking for an alive Erin...they are looking for her remains.

Unfortunately I do think the radio station has it right. I was already reading about it on FB days before the radio station came out with it. From what I understand this radio station has won a couple of awards for journalism so they are no rinky dinky station. The media knows if they print untruths they can be sued civilly. And not once has either family come out to deny this either. But then I wouldn't expect them to discuss it either way since finding Erin is what is most important to them at this time.

I never really suspected Jon in any of this. You cant rely on the Queen of Misinformation, Nancy Grace. Homicide is not the leading cause of death in pregnant women. The leading cause of death is complications from the pregnancy itself. It is very rare for a pregnant woman to be murdered. Out of the 3500 females a year that are victims of homicides 1.7% of them were pregnant.

The main thing now though, regardless whether it is true or not, is to find out where Erin is, and who has done this to her. The ultimate goal is for justice to always be served for the victim.

Could the family have discovered the date the appointment was made, thus realizing she was further along than they thought?

I know anything health related is meant to be private...but last week, my husband's doctor 's office called me three times when they could not reach my husband and went into great detail about some of his health issues...I was a little surprised and my husband was really upset. What if I had not been aware of the issues he was seeking care for? Anyway, it does happen. Jmo

Le could also have access to her medical records by now and there could have been comments in her file. I honestly think we are all making way too big a deal about the date. It's quite possible that she didn't know how pregnant she actually was and was speculating herself! I don't think there's a grand deception there. Possibly who the father is yes but not around the dates. M00!

This question has been discussed a number of times but has never been answered. Only Erin's car has been mentioned.

It seems it would be an Important part of this investigation.
And would answer many questions.

I Feel her car should have been found earlier also. If anyone was looking for her I think that car would have been found.

What if she went missing sooner than 7 am and actually left (if she left) in the middle of the night?

I don't think they have video of her at JT but I think her phone is pinging there.

All JMO and pure speculation on my part! Way to many things going on in this young womans life!

Could the family have discovered the date the appointment was made, thus realizing she was further along than they thought?

I know anything health related is meant to be private...but last week, my husband's doctor 's office called me three times when they could not reach my husband and went into great detail about some of his health issues...I was a little surprised and my husband was really upset. What if I had not been aware of the issues he was seeking care for? Anyway, it does happen. Jmo

That's assuming that a husband or wife should ever be in the dark as to their mate's health issues. Not that you'd want to know absolutely everything, but to actively keep information from your mate? No wonder the divorce rate is so high.

(not your's specifically, I mean the general idea)

Well, that would explain why the car wasn't "found" until Monday. Jeesh, that means she could be anywhere. If you figure on the car being gone up to 48 hours.

Yep, car turns up the day someone comes back to base like nothings wrong.

I would imagine that plenty of JC and his friends, etc. drove around that area looking for any signs of her. That's the first thing I would do, thinking my spouse had car trouble or an accident.

Le could also have access to her medical records by now and there could have been comments in her file. I honestly think we are all making way too big a deal about the date. It's quite possible that she didn't know how pregnant she actually was and was speculating herself! I don't think there's a grand deception there. Possibly who the father is yes but not around the dates. M00!

Coming out of lurkdom to say that stories I read early on said that her appointment was to date the pregnancy, amongst other reasons. I'm not sure how clear my explanation will be, but here it goes:

It's quite common for cycles to be irregular after a miscarriage (not to mention people whose cycles are already irregular), so it wouldn't surprise me if nobody was sure of dates. I can easily see her getting a positive on Father's Day and them assuming she's approximately four weeks pregnant (which is about as early as you can reliably get a positive) because previous tests were negative and/or she was monitoring her fertility, which would make her less than two months pregnant as her husband reported. Working off her last menstrual period date might have her "officially" three months pregnant because that is the date the doctors would use to calculate due date until/unless an ultrasound gave different information. Sadly, Erin disappeared before her appointment.

Which is all, I suppose, a long-winded way of saying that I agree and it could all be a red herring.

I'm really frustrated with the lack of cell reception in the area. My son called me several times last night, and in one call he got a "Hi mom" in there before we were disconnected. I am really bummed I didn't get to talk to him. He might as well be in Afghanistan right now.

I don't know how LE and SAR function in that area. The cell and radio reception is so bad. I really have my doubts that phone pings are what leading them to search JTNP.

So was there another car missing for a couple of days?

My daughter knew she was pregnant at 4 weeks. She called around for a doctor, but most wouldn't even see her until she was either 10 or 12 weeks along. We only found one dr. that sees them at 10 weeks, but all the others ones wait until 12 weeks. All of them wanted to do an ultrasound on the first visit along with the detailed exam.

The main thing that makes me pause in this story is the fact that she went somewhere at 7am in the morning (that wasn't work) Geez, my pregnant 21 year old won't even move until at least 11am. LOL

My daughter knew she was pregnant at 4 weeks. She called around for a doctor, but most wouldn't even see her until she was either 10 or 12 weeks along. We only found one dr. that sees them at 10 weeks, but all the others ones wait until 12 weeks. All of them wanted to do an ultrasound on the first visit along with the detailed exam.

The main thing that makes me pause in this story is the fact that she went somewhere at 7am in the morning (that wasn't work) Geez, my pregnant 21 year old won't even move until at least 11am. LOL

You have to factor in the heat though. Right now where I am, it is getting up to 100+ degrees outside. Anything that I want to accomplish outside for an extended period of time, I choose to do either early morning or evening when it is a tad more bearable. I stay inside mostly from 11 to about 4 or 5.

I think it is interesting - that with the big push of the freedom of info the press is still so omnipotent that it cannot lay bare the names of people surrounding this missings person case. I would have thought that these small sleuthing details would be divulged to maintain the freedom of press despite the proceeds of an investigation. (Can anyone tell me how come this is not the case?)

Most state sunshine laws exempt ongoing criminal investigations. Tennessee does for sure. If you are speaking of the Freedom of Information Act, that is a federal law that specifically applies to the federal government. California does have a public records act, but that wouldn't relate to an ongoing criminal investigation from what I read.

You have to factor in the heat though. Right now where I am, it is getting up to 100+ degrees outside. Anything that I want to accomplish outside for an extended period of time, I choose to do either early morning or evening when it is a tad more bearable. I stay inside mostly from 11 to about 4 or 5.

That's true. Where I'm at, it's only been in the low 80's. I forget it's hot as heck down there.

When your hubby filled out his paperwork at the doctor's office he had to list you as a contact person.

There is always a section on the forms that has to be checked whether the doctor has permission to discuss your medical history with someone else if they are unable to speak with the patient.

Of course he could have opted out altogether and checked off the section that states the doctors cant discuss his health history with anyone other than with him only. That is very unusual though if a person is married. That would mean if the married patient had to be hospitalized with a serious condition or illness then the doctor couldn't even update the wife/husband on the status of the spouse's condition.

I have absolutely nothing to hide from my hubby nor does he with me. We are each listed as contacts who can be told the condition of one another, should it come to that.

I also have our children listed as contacts where my medical conditions can be discussed with them by my doctor if my hubby is not available and I am unable to speak with the doctor for some reason.

IMO

That's true. Where I'm at, it's only been in the low 80's. I forget it's hot as heck down there.

My car showed 91 at 7:30 this am.

You do acclimate. I don't find it strange at all she left at 7 am. I would have left even earlier. But I'm a morning person.

Hi everyone newbie here so forgive me if this has been covered. I've been stalking the posts and haven't commented until now. If someone did do something to Erin, I find it difficult to believe that in broad daylight (perhaps the peak time of the park with people trying to beat the heat) they would easily carry or drag a body through the park with intentions of disposing of her. That would take gall. I can't shake the feeling that something happened to her the night before, at or after the party. Also if the husband isn't talking per request of his chain of command, couldn't this also be advised by JAG if he lawyered up? Not sure if that would be released to the press? All of this of course are just my wheels turning and complete speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker