GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she could be alive only if another person is also missing as well. As far as we know, this does not seem to be the case. If a Marine was missing, wouldn't he be listed as AWOL by now? And being sought?
I can't imagine Erin being able, or willing to stay away on her own, miss her parents' visit, birthday, horse, etc.

Jmo[/QUOTE

There is also the chance that it was planned and the marine is on leave and not awol.

But isn't that still on their base? It practically reaches to Amboy Rd and the 40. (And there are several mines in JTNP.)

Unless things have changed since I was there the marines do not train on civilian territory. However, just north-west of the main base is mountain terrain that the marines train and run on. They do not to any training or tactical defense operations off of base and around civilians. There have been times when the use the roads on base for training purposes (this was done more around the start of the war! The area just south of the base and 8 miles east would be the area going towards Amboy, but Amboy is a pretty far distance from base. The road Amboy has vacant homes and a lot of popular things along the road...with that said, the things along amboy rd. bring in a lot of tourist which is not an area for any training.

Hopefully that clarifies where the training is acceptable

But isn't that still on their base? It practically reaches to Amboy Rd and the 40. (And there are several mines in JTNP.)

Also, the base it self is not close to the 40, the 40 is just north of Bullion Mountains which is a very large area, the 40 is also north if the Amboy Crater. Sone of the desert area may in fact be military claimed, but the base does not reach that far.

What did I miss...where does DUI have to do with this case?

I understand what you folks are implying. But not everyone in forum, or those reading here as a non-members comprehend your word game. Seems like this could be done privately. Just sayin' ...

Agreed. Mods have warned about speaking in code regarding individuals unnamed in MSM. There is plenty to discuss within TOS, IMO.

I hope that Erin can be found soon, I am sure that her husband and family members are going through hell. Unfortunately I think she died on the day she disappeared, but her husband and family deserve to have her brought home to them.

Those Locate Erin posts make me crazy. People get things mixed up and messed up. People ask the same questions, and nobody from the page really answers. So random people respond with guesses, then it all starts over. I guess the page is up for just encouragement. I've seen some really good FB pages for the missing, this is not one of them. Maybe they don't know what to say??

Yes, JTNP has mines and a lot of them...288 abandoned mines with 747 mine openings. LE has released statements of where they are searching. The majority has been in JT with other non-specified locations outside of JT. It seems like they are focusing their search (or at least the search area they have told us about) to the south/east of the base and the north/east of the JT. There are also a lot of mines in the mountains surrounding this area, too, outside of JT. It really seems like she could be anywhere out there, sadly.

Been lurking but decided to ask a few questions. Please forgive me if these questions are dumb.

What would be the temperatures and air quality in these mines? I'm guessing they would be cooler and how long could she survive in cooler temps?
Does Erin require medication on a daily basis?
Can she see without her glasses?
Was she wearing any jewelry? How much money did she have on her? I know she had a camera but was wondering if she had anything else that would appeal to robbers.

Prayers for Erin's safe return.

Speaking of driving, I was listening to z1077 the other day and I heard that one of the local families had a tragedy happen to them many years ago, and that's why drunk driving is a hot topic in that area especially. Farr to many young kids are getting behind the wheel these days with alcohol, no seatbelts. They really should suspend more licenses, not that that'll help all that much. http://marion.patch.com/groups/poli...on-police-charged-with-drugs-and-ale3cd2b3c53 Sad, really.

http://archive.desertsun.com/articl...0330/Two-killed-Toys-R-Us-shooting-identified

Does this story relate more (or less?) to Erin's case than the story in your link does? What am I missing?

Those Locate Erin posts make me crazy. People get things mixed up and messed up. People ask the same questions, and nobody from the page really answers. So random people respond with guesses, then it all starts over. I guess the page is up for just encouragement. I've seen some really good FB pages for the missing, this is not one of them. Maybe they don't know what to say??

I think what makes this one so different is it's just chock full of secrets no one is allowed to discuss. Basically, it's solved and they're looking for remains to prove the case. Until I guess yesterday, when everyone including LE had completely missed the biggest evidence they had all along - the two witnesses. Usually, with missing persons the facebook page is begging for help and hints, this one they kind of already know the direction this is going and just want prayers.

Tree park, tectonic plates, Salton Sea? It seems like most of the Missing Facebook pages I've observed lately, take a wrong turn fairly quickly. This one isn't that bad, but I'm sure you KWIM.

My apologies if this has already been posted.
My daughter just told me about it so I quickly came here to let you all know...just in case.

Thursday July 17th, 2014 :: 11:56 a.m. PDT

Advisory
[h=2]Death Investigation- Human Skeletal Remains Found in Newberry Springs. The remains are unidentified at this time.[/h]

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5235530/

I just found this and came to post it when I saw u beat me to it. Does anyone know if this could be Erin?

My daughter just told me about it so I quickly came here to let you all know...just in case.

Advisory
[h=2]Death Investigation- Human Skeletal Remains Found in Newberry Springs. The remains are unidentified at this time.[/h]

Too soon for skeletal remains right? Less than three weeks ...

Been lurking but decided to ask a few questions. Please forgive me if these questions are dumb.

What would be the temperatures and air quality in these mines? I'm guessing they would be cooler and how long could she survive in cooler temps?
Does Erin require medication on a daily basis?
Can she see without her glasses?
Was she wearing any jewelry? How much money did she have on her? I know she had a camera but was wondering if she had anything else that would appeal to robbers.

Prayers for Erin's safe return.

Here is some information on mine hazards such as bad air quality, animals, etc. (these guys seem to really know their stuff!)

Bad Air: Abandoned mine workings may contain areas with low oxygen levels due to displacing gases (blackdamp) or areas with poisonous gases. Concentrations of carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide or methane can poison someone outright or cause asphyxiation from low oxygen concentrations. Some of these gases can also pose an explosion hazard. Unventilated areas of a mine with extensive rust or rotted timbers can have depleted oxygen levels due to the oxidation process involved. Standing water can absorb carbon dioxide or hydrogen sulfide which might be liberated into the atmosphere when disturbed.

The rest can be found here: http://www.undergroundexplorers.com/safety1.htm

Nothing has been said about medication, money, jewelry, need for glasses, or anything else (that I have seen.)

If she was harmed during a robbery, more than likely, she would have been found where she was robbed as there would be no need for someone to disappear her. MOO.

Advisory

Wowza

I'm on my phone so I'm not sure if this map link will work or not. It's 29 palms to Newberry springs (rough estimate, not address specific). I'll include a screen shot of my phone in case.
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF...a=X&ei=wTvIU9qAEpXioATSxoLQCA&ved=0CBsQ-A8wAA

ura9eje6.jpg

ETA: 108 mi, 1hr 57min

Since it says it's a "doe", I wonder if the family has been notified that it could be Erin. Maybe the remains are to old to be her. I pray for speedy results on the identity, whoever it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie