GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
53b33943c00c4.preview-300.jpg

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_30d113d0-016a-11e4-8d32-001a4bcf887a.html

Family members are asking for help from the public to locate 19-year-old Erin Corwin, who has been missing from her home on board the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center since 7 a.m. Saturday, June 28.

According to information provided by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Corwin’s husband reported her missing on Sunday, June 29. Corwin is reported to be three months pregnant, according to the sheriff’s department.

According to her sister-in-law, DeeAnna Heavilin, Corwin left in her 2013 Toyota Corolla on her way to Joshua Tree National Park and has not been seen or heard from since... The vehicle, she said, later, was found on Valle Vista Road.

http://www.kmir.com/story/25916449/public-help-sought-in-case-of-missing-woman

She's described as 5-foot-2 with light brown hair. She was last seen about 7am Saturday morning.

Her sister tells KMIR NEWS that Corwin was apparently on her way to Joshua Tree National Park to look for a campsite for a future trip there.

http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-reported-missing-in-twentynine-palms/26746852

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and Joshua Tree National Park Rangers began an extensive search by air and on the ground. The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Detail was also called in to assist with the investigation.

Erin's FB: https://www.facebook.com/eheavilin

Media, Map & Timeline

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Information that our members are posting in our private Scanner Forum is to remain in the Scanner Forum. If something interesting is heard, a member can post in the public forum that there is something going on, so members don't miss anything. If there is scanner information posted in the MSM, it can be quoted here WITH A LINK to the MSM article.

We are a victim friendly site. We have no suspects or persons of interest at this time, no one is to be discussed as such until or unless this happens. No sleuthing of friends or family. No rumor.

CL and NL may be discussed and sleuthed. The minor children that have come up may NOT be sleuthed or named, not even in direct quotes. ALSO, IM may not be sleuthed.

The closed facebook may NOT be discussed or linked too.

Thanks for the new thread. Man, I really didn't think this was going to go to this many threads.

Where are you Erin?

Maybe when LE says she is missing involuntarily but no crime they mean...she did not run away. She could have had a medical emergency or had some sort of emotional breakdown. But they simply don't believe she up and left.

IMO there is much more to it, but, for the time being LE is just trying to simplify it.

Two things from the last thread:

How do people disappear involuntarily without it being a crime? that happens a LOT. They fall into a ravine, they drive into a lake, they hike into the wilderness and can't get out, they clean a chimney and get stuck, they go onto their roof and can't get off and broil to death in the heat, they fall off a balcony and aren't discovered, I could go on like this forever. But I don't for a minute think that's what happened to her.

To answer the other question from the last thread, yes, she had recently connected with [modsnip] birth father. I can't imagine that would be a completely uplifting experience.

Two things from the last thread:

How do people disappear involuntarily without it being a crime? that happens a LOT. They fall into a ravine, they drive into a lake, they hike into the wilderness and can't get out, they clean a chimney and get stuck, they go onto their roof and can't get off and broil to death in the heat, they fall off a balcony and aren't discovered, I could go on like this forever. But I don't for a minute think that's what happened to her.

To answer the other question from the last thread, yes, she had recently connected with [modsnip] birth father. I can't imagine that would be a completely uplifting experience.

How can it be involuntary with no crime being committed with her car being found where it was though ?

anyoldtime48,

I was looking around the link you posted and actually saw a hole big enough to drive a car into. It's on the 5th page of pictures for the OK and Vail Mines. I know it's still highly unlikely, and I'm sure this would be one of the first LE looked into because it's popular and easily accessible, but I want to hold onto a little irrational hope at this point. :)

http://www.undergroundexplorers.com/ok_vail1.htm

How can it be involuntary with no crime being committed with her car being found where it was though ?

If you read JeannaT's post again, you will notice that the last sentence in the first paragraph indicates that she doesn't think it was any of the scenarios she described. I imagine she feels that way because of the car.

Judges don't allow LE to go on fishing expeditions. A judge requires probable cause (evidence) that a crime has occurred before LE can legally gather evidence that a crime has occurred. LE pulls their hair out over this all the time.

IMO, No matter what LE is telling us, a judge signing off on 4 search warrants, AND night service, which is rare, shows that LE is pretty damned sure a crime has occurred.

I think we would all be shocked if we read the probable cause statements.

So many bodies are dumped in water. It's fairly dry in the desert, but there must be a few lakes and rivers that ought to be checked out.

Salton Sea is in the area but I believe it's very shallow. Just posting off the top of my head, have not checked any facts/details.

He doesn't fit the profile. He's too young and I think he would be carrying some SIGNIFICANT guilt if he did snap and killer her in a range over alleged affair. He has been scrutinized by LE and the media and amateurs alike, and no one could come up with anything suggesting a violent past or other behavioral indicators that he would be capable of something like this. Law-abiding men with no history of abusive or aggressive behavior don't just snap and kill their wives. True, maybe there could be a history of this and JC is not at all what he seems, but I find it unlikely. No evidence that he was in any way controlling or aggressive with Erin. If his whereabouts were unknown the day she disappeared, something would have come out about this. If his story didn't make sense, there is no way Erin's family would be as supportive. I understand that family inherently wants to trust the husband, but if there was something that didn't add up at least one would have spoken up by now. Nothing. Typically, if a wife disappears and the husband is a POI, something surfaces. Either accounts of prior abuse, controlling behavior, etc. (Drew Peterson) or an affair on the husband's part (Scott Peterson). There is absolutely nothing here. Though Erin is described as a quiet and private person, I think she would have confided in someone if she were at all afraid of her husband. According to some media accounts (I believe), there WAS knowledge about a possible affair.

In these cases, there is always a huge focus on the spouse or SO, and I understand that is warranted given the statistics. But given this focus, if you still have nothing and other very likely scenarios, I think it's likely that JC is completely innocent.

Joshua Tree Lake, which also has camping. It's a pay lake so probably difficult unless someone snuck in after dark. There are a few wells and some water storage facilities by cabins, but I can't think of any rivers nearby. There are LOTS & LOTS of empty cabins to dump someone in though.

So many bodies are dumped in water. It's fairly dry in the desert, but there must be a few lakes and rivers that ought to be checked out.

anyoldtime48,

I was looking around the link you posted and actually saw a hole big enough to drive a car into. It's on the 5th page of pictures for the OK and Vail Mines. I know it's still highly unlikely, and I'm sure this would be one of the first LE looked into because it's popular and easily accessible, but I want to hold onto a little irrational hope at this point. :)

http://www.undergroundexplorers.com/ok_vail1.htm

Looks like a fence around it? Am also thinking the guys walked to get to it and might not be all that easy to drive to it, but who knows. Scary looking hole. Would not catch me standing at the edge!

Two things I try to never take away from people is hope — irrational or not — and ice cream.

Now about that drive-thru video of Joshua? :D

Heck, I bet there are some on YouTube. I already went on one "ride" to a mine that looked to be right off 62 just to get some sense of how they look. Very, very rocky road. Carry spares, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10