GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sister only seen Erin's car there over the weekend I don't think she said she saw the red car.

The brother and sister were standing next to each other while talking to a reporter on the news. They were agreeing they both saw the car and the topic was a red car. The sister said she saw it forward (versus when it was found it was further away into the desert). The color of the car wasn't disputed when this story first came out. If it morphed, that's a problem.

adding info to avoid confusion ~ thanks Voice for the correct info below. The sister claims she saw Erin's car, never the red car.
Beasley stated that the car he saw (near Erin's car) was red though - there's no disputing that imo.

Plus what's this about celebrating Erin's pregnancy? Are they saying she's nuts? I mean, someone who is married and pregnant by another guy wouldn't exactly feel like celebrating the way it sounds in the report. It makes no sense. That part is hinky imo. I smell a rat.

Again, this is part of the military sub-culture. Marriages and pregnancies often occur between young people -- teenagers really -- who are probably not in the best position in life to be doing either. This is because they have safety nets in place that most civilians their age don't have -- a paycheck guaranteed by contract, free health insurance, free housing, partial food allowances (for the military member) and all of the other income-based social services your or I might qualify for. Granted, kids are still very expensive, but those are four pretty big hurdles that are cleared straight from the get-go, so being young, immature and live-for-the-moment, they don't worry too much about the next 18+ years and they get married and have babies in a kind-of nonchalant fashion. I don't want to use the word 'rampant' but adultery happens A LOT. Pregnancies by people other than your legal spouse aren't frequent, but they aren't unheard of, either. I have to assume that EC had a lot pie-in-the-sky ideas about running off with CL, that he may not have shared. She was 19. 19. That's REALLY young. He could have been going right along with those ideas, knowing he was getting ready to EAS and move to Alaska and he'd never have to deal with her again. The pregnancy probably complicated that and he may have led her to believe he was happy, just to keep her connected to him so he could resolve the problem. It's also not unheard of for military wives to try to pass a baby off as their spouse's when they realize their plans with their beloved aren't going to pan out. This all sounds very "Maury-ish" but I guess when you live it on a daily basis, it's not so scandalous or strange.

MOO.

Maybe he put it in Erin's mind that they would "celebrate" on that day. Maybe he even texted it and that is where that word came from.

I was referring to the link for the photo contest that states the type of camera she has

I don't think so.

I'm not sleuthing (mods don't get me!) but I did happen to see a pic of her and she very much resembles MB's description of the woman exiting Erin's car. I think it's very possible MB saw NL and not Erin that day. Could by why her family was unaware of the Erin sighting :(

Thanks for letting me know! I'm still kinda new but figured that was the case. I agree that she does resemble MB's description! I've seen pictures of NL on a news article too. I'll try and find it because I think I can post that... or not! Maybe its just best to sit back and watch like I normally do!

Ok so has anyone by chance searched for NL on FB to see what she looks like? It wouldn't be hard to figure out which profile is hers JMO ... also, has anyone picked up on the canon camera being removed in the warrant? Erin was into photography and in her photo contests it says she was using a canon rebel? Can I post the link to the website I'm a newbie and don't want to be banned TIA

Welcome Jshermy. Good question about the camera. I've not heard Erin had her camera with her. To what website are you referring?

On top of that, further down the article says that the couple didn't talk about the missing person case for the remainder of their stay. So, N tells Megli that load-full earlier and then no one brings it up again for two weeks while the whole community is in a panic trying to find Erin.

Something is amiss with this story/picture (the whole thing).

Plus what's this about celebrating Erin's pregnancy? Are they saying she's nuts? I mean, someone who is married and pregnant by another guy wouldn't exactly feel like celebrating the way it sounds in the report. It makes no sense. That part is hinky imo. I smell a rat.

Does anybody recall what date the video interview with the ranch owner first appeared? I know it's been out there for awhile. TIA

I don't think so.

I'm not sleuthing (mods don't get me!) but I did happen to see a pic of her and she very much resembles MB's description of the woman exiting Erin's car. I think it's very possible MB saw NL and not Erin that day. Could by why her family was unaware of the Erin sighting :(

I agree. It may mean nothing at all and it isn't exactly rare or a smoking gun sort of thing, but FWIW, haven't seen a single photo of Erin wearing a ponytail and a ball cap, but there are a few photos of NL wearing that particular combination...

I was referring to the link for the photo contest that states the type of camera she has

Oh, Erin entered her photos in a contest? I can't think of a reason posting her photos wouldn't be allowed on WS.

The brother and sister were standing next to each other while talking to a reporter on the news. They were agreeing they both saw the car and the topic was a red car. The sister said she saw it forward (versus when it was found it was further away into the desert). The color of the car wasn't disputed when this story first came out. If it morphed, that's a problem.

The sister only saw Erin's car (on her way home from work in the morning) not the red car. She saw Erin's car when it was closer to the road and agreed with her brother that it had been moved sometime between when they had both originally noticed it (separately) and when LE was called to the scene.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/searches-ordered-in-missing-california-marine-wife-case/

Does anybody recall what date the video interview with the ranch owner first appeared? I know it's been out there for awhile. TIA

My head is about to hit the keyboard or I'd look. But, actually, the video from the horse ranch was put out just a few days ago iirc. We saw it recently and even commented that it was about time someone from the horse ranch acknowledged Erin.

The sister only saw Erin's car (on her way home from work in the morning) not the red car. She saw Erin's car when it was closer to the road and agreed with her brother that it had been moved sometime between when they had both originally noticed it (separately) and when LE was called to the scene.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/searches-ordered-in-missing-california-marine-wife-case/

Oh carp! You're absolutely correct. Time for me to get some sleep - useless!

If EC was an avid photographer, she may have had a thing about never leaving the house without her camera. Though, that might get tricky on a rendezvous with your mister. There is a picture on EC's FB standing on the beach with a DSLR camera. I can't make out the name brand, though. Taking her camera seems risky. Seems like CL/NL would have disposed of it, knowing it would be a huge, direct link to EC.

I know this is in a different state - Michigan - but we just had an 8 month pregnant female (obviously confirmed, little girl named and everything) who was just killed last week and they can't charge him for the baby's death even that far into the pregnancy and something obviously very publicly known. Makes me so frustrated! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...oke-Anne-Slocum-18-Wyoming-12-July-2014/page2

The precedent of Scott being convicted of 2nd Degree on the death of Connor could be taken as encouraging, but given all the discrepancies of how pregnant Erin even was earlier on - even removing the confusion some had when they didn't realize she had miscarried earlier - I'm afraid may make them not even push for it. I mean even People reporting she was 2 months pregnant, now things indicating far less than that even, seems like it might be a 'hard sell' unless there's very conclusive information somewhere of exactly how far into her pregnancy she was. If it's all WoM, it could be REALLY hard to even argue for, I'd think. :(

If CL killed Erin and LE can prove it was because she was pregnant with (what he believed to be) his baby, regardless of how far along she was or if she had been to a doctor yet, I don't think it would be too difficult to bring a charge against him for her unborn babies murder, as well. LE would probably have to find Erin first though.

We need ones within a 2 hour radius of 29Palms/Joshua Tree.

<ahem> or 2.5, IMO. This is coming from someone whose husband has a lead foot and almost always gets to places in less time than GPS/Google/Yahoo say.

Apologies in advance for a bunch of posts. I'm catching up. I'm also still picking my jaw up off the floor from the warrant info. Wow. I hate thinking she's not alive anymore, but with every new detail released I find myself less and less hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998