GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that reason they are so focused on searching JT is that there have video if CLs Jeep entering and leaving. IMO

I hope everyone was able to see the pic I was talking about. I'm on my daughters computer in her room and she wants to go to bed now. The nerve! Lol :eek:fftobed:

I don't see any pics of NL. I see the owner of the ranch and two other volunteers, not no NL.

I also see CL (not with EC's horse, that is a horse called Humorous according to the rescue's website) and I had no luck finding NL either.

Did you read that search warrant for the 700 Geronimo (horse ranch)? Pretty damning info for the wife. She seems to know quite a bit and berates CL for not keeping his story straight! She may have not killed Erin but she knows exactly what happened, IMO. Unfortunately, she won't be required to testify against him because he's her husband but, sheesh, it wouldn't surprise me if she was involved. Again, IMO.

She can indeed be forced to testify against him. The only thing that is privileged is confidential talk between them, I believe. She can be forced to testify as to things she did, saw, etc. And I believe if either of them told others about it, the confidential talk is no longer confidential and can be brought into trial. I am not a lawyer, and would be happy to have a lawyer correct me, but that is my understanding.

I thought two people, siblings, had both seen a red car? They can't both be color blind, can they?

But what about the sister? Would she have it as well?

The accounts on both the CBS8 videos and the HLN Audio Interviews clearly convey that both of the Beasleys were witnesses separately to the presence of the blue car throughout that weekend, however, only Michael Beasley witnessed what he perceived as a red car and it's occupant on the morning of June 28th.

The sister only seen Erin's car there over the weekend I don't think she said she saw the red car.

Dammit. I knew it was likely a Heather Elvis situation. Those affidavits don't appear to bode well for the wife at all. This ticks me off.

ETA: Hell, for that matter, the ranch owner is giving me the heebs.

Some of you were talking about the death penalty and how it might play into this case. Last week in California the DP was ruled unconstitutional. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in regards to not only this case but all cases with people already on Death Row. Scott Peterson comes to mind.
I'm very concerned that the Lees have supposedly returned to Alaska. Many criminals go up there to disappear.

I wasn't sure when the statements were made to her (Megli) and if she called police. Would she let them continue to hang around there and store their things after that? It sounded like it happened right after their own home was searched at Jasmine. So what's up with that?

On top of that, further down the article says that the couple didn't talk about the missing person case for the remainder of their stay. So, N tells Megli that load-full earlier and then no one brings it up again for two weeks while the whole community is in a panic trying to find Erin.

Something is amiss with this story/picture (the whole thing).

Plus what's this about celebrating Erin's pregnancy? Are they saying she's nuts? I mean, someone who is married and pregnant by another guy wouldn't exactly feel like celebrating the way it sounds in the report. It makes no sense. That part is hinky imo. I smell a rat.

Reportedly her phone was turned off. However nothing has been mentioned about his phone.

I'm curious if she might have turned off her phone herself if they were perhaps going somewhere that was NOT Joshua Tree if she might have thought her husband could be tracking her phone? Heck, even if they were going to JT like she was said to be, doing so even to perhaps try to avoid questions?

While it probably is far more likely that he turned it off, I still can't help but wondered if it may not end up being as telling (timing wise of when her's was turned off) just in case she had done it. :-/

The remote area and very spotty coverage is definitely a different twist than we see in a lot of cases also, isn't it?

I wonder if Erin was officially pregnant, i.e been to doctor. If not, and she is not found, they may not be able to charge for the baby's death too. Jmo

I know this is in a different state - Michigan - but we just had an 8 month pregnant female (obviously confirmed, little girl named and everything) who was just killed last week and they can't charge him for the baby's death even that far into the pregnancy and something obviously very publicly known. Makes me so frustrated! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...oke-Anne-Slocum-18-Wyoming-12-July-2014/page2

The precedent of Scott being convicted of 2nd Degree on the death of Connor could be taken as encouraging, but given all the discrepancies of how pregnant Erin even was earlier on - even removing the confusion some had when they didn't realize she had miscarried earlier - I'm afraid may make them not even push for it. I mean even People reporting she was 2 months pregnant, now things indicating far less than that even, seems like it might be a 'hard sell' unless there's very conclusive information somewhere of exactly how far into her pregnancy she was. If it's all WoM, it could be REALLY hard to even argue for, I'd think. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken