GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not light blue or dark blue, but I'd love to show him this picture from the horse site just to see what he thinks:

903w1z.jpg

http://www.whiterockhorserescueca.org/p/sponsored.html

I also hope LE checks the old mine shown in the "Fall Horse Camp" photos:

"Next stop, the mine.... There is something rather cool about looking down into an old mine".

wj8979.jpg

http://www.whiterockhorserescueca.org/2014/01/fall-horse-camp-2013-part-two.html#more

Great post! THIS is where LE needs to be looking!

Maybe 45 minutes or so? Just keep going on Amboy Road, which you would take to Sheephole Pass, then it curves around and there is salt "stuff" on both sides (processing center or whatever) until you get to the "sprawling metropolis" of Amboy by the train tracks. I'm pretty sure the salt mine is still in operation. There are little hills of sand or something on the east side, and a weird cracked looking surface on all the ground to the west. It's a cool place to pull over and let the kids break play with the cracked ground for a little while. lol There's not any place here to pull off the road and hide someone. Once you leave Sheephole Pass, there aren't the empty cabins and brush/bushes - it's flat and everything is visible for a long distance.

Amboy is probably the "ghost town" some people have mentioned previously, which looks like the people just vaporized. There's a really cool old motel lobby, floor to ceiling glass so you can see everything perfectly, and there's a grand piano and a stereo with a Frank Sinatra album propped up on it along with some other things. Pretty cool. It's right next to the gas station/cafe, and right across from the smallest post office I've ever seen. And that, my friends, is pretty much the entire town! lol (Actually, last week we saw 2 random Juan Pollo catering trailers abandoned out there. lol)

Wikipedia has some pics (the teeny tiny white building in the first one is the post office): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amboy,_California

http://www.cardcow.com/90748/desert-salt-mine-amboy-california/

Gracias. I seem to recall maybe Amboy came up in conversation as well. More stinking vastness.

Guessing it is also long out of production? All links seem to lead to vintage post cards. And this kick-butt aerial a bunch more recent.

Curious how accessible and time frame driving from 29 Palms?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scottbraut/2539810355/

Too funny!!!

Off Topic - what the what?

There's A Tiny Pool in the Middle of The Mojave Desert, And You Can Swim In It

"Somewhere in the depths of California's Mojave Desert, in a location identifiable only by guarded GPS coordinates, is a tiny pool.

This pool, imagined by Austrian artist Alfredo Barsuglia, is open to the public. All one needs to do is inquire at the MAK Center for Art and Architecture in West Hollywood about the longitude and latitude of the artificial oasis, plopped down in the middle of the arid spaces.
But don't forget to ask for the key, as well.

It will open the pool's cover, unveiling the four-foot by 12-foot body of water for just 24 hours to any one person or small party at a time. Painted white to stand out against the sprawling sand that fills the deserted horizon, the minuscule bit of paradise stands as a Minimalist sculpture abandoned by its maker so that adventurous nomads can experience a moment of pure, tranquil bliss."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/02/social-pool-alfredo-barsu_n_5545483.html

Good point about women celebrating pregnancies. I asked my hubby if he remembered if we ever celebrated a pregnancy. He said, "I think the celebrating is what caused the pregnancies." lol

BBM

Regarding A) ~ I've wondered if Erin was going out with NL to celebrate her pregnancy. This whole time I've been wondering but no one else has mentioned the possibility. That is something two women do. I've never heard of a man saying we're going out to celebrate pregnancy, even in a normal situation. The woman guides that idea and he would go along if she gives a title/reason as to why they're going out. The "celebrate" idea doesn't fit in this circumstance at all. But it does if the two girls were going out with NL believing Erin was pregnant with Jon's baby (or pretending she believed that to be the case).

B) Or, something happened to Erin earlier before 7:00 a.m. because of JC uncovering Erin's plan to meet CL. Another theory I've wondered about especially if Erin didn't show up like C claimed. In that case, someone else made a good point which is then you'd think CL would have tried to call her except if he figured she couldn't make it having something to do with Jon. You'd think he would have just gone home then himself - especially since there's no hunting in JT. There is in the place north of base though. Could that be where he/they went on Saturday?

Goodnight - hope post makes sense, can't even see straight.

This "may have left voluntarily" is really annoying, IMO. Total BS. How? On foot in the desert? Give me a break. Maybe they cannot prove what happened yet, but this is so unlikely, it makes me sick it is being out out there every day.

Me too! I wish LE would stop with that tired old line. I wince every time I read or hear it. Most people know better. Another thing I hate is when LE gives a statement saying "so and so has not been named as a suspect" or any variation of same, then people start thinking LE really doesn't suspect so and so.

Maybe 45 minutes or so? Just keep going on Amboy Road, which you would take to Sheephole Pass, then it curves around and there is salt "stuff" on both sides (processing center or whatever) until you get to the "sprawling metropolis" of Amboy by the train tracks. I'm pretty sure the salt mine is still in operation. There are little hills of sand or something on the east side, and a weird cracked looking surface on all the ground to the west. It's a cool place to pull over and let the kids break play with the cracked ground for a little while. lol There's not any place here to pull off the road and hide someone. Once you leave Sheephole Pass, there aren't the empty cabins and brush/bushes - it's flat and everything is visible for a long distance.

Amboy is probably the "ghost town" some people have mentioned previously, which looks like the people just vaporized. There's a really cool old motel lobby, floor to ceiling glass so you can see everything perfectly, and there's a grand piano and a stereo with a Frank Sinatra album propped up on it along with some other things. Pretty cool. It's right next to the gas station/cafe, and right across from the smallest post office I've ever seen. And that, my friends, is pretty much the entire town! lol (Actually, last week we saw 2 random Juan Pollo catering trailers abandoned out there. lol)

Wikipedia has some pics (the teeny tiny white building in the first one is the post office): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amboy,_California

Hilarious you should refer to it a sprawling metropolis. I was thinking exactly the same thing while "cruising" Rt 66 in Google maps. Still stuck in the space age and I bet Roy's was a hopping place back in the day. Used to be a cool old drive in called The Rocket around here that was similar vintage and style. Alas, long gone.

Cell tower behind Roy's looks a bit out of place though.

Nothing, just nothing out there. Lots of dirt.

ETA: What the heck is going on with quotes being blown out of boxes?

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...074147/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Erin Corwin family begins raising funds for reward
Brett Kelman, The Desert Sun 6:31 p.m. PDT July 23, 2014

On Wednesday, the Marine Corps issued a statement on behalf of Cpl. Corwin, requesting that the media and the public respect his privacy, but adding that the he "appreciates the support he has received from the military and civilian communities." Relatives of the Corwin couple have also been hesitant to talk to journalists in recent weeks.

A spokesman for the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office confirmed Wednesday that prosecutors have received the case from the sheriff's department. The case is pending review for possible prosecution.

YAY! I hope we hear that NL and CL have been arrested by Friday!

Not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, as I'm still catching up on today's posts, but keep in mind that when you pin something directly from another person on Pinterest, the caption that's already there will also appear with it, UNLESS you click "edit" and change it yourself (you can also go in and edit those captions later on).

In my experience, a huge majority of pinners don't bother to change these captions. There's a BIG chance she didn't even write those first captions/comments. Of course, if someone comments and she replies, those subsequent posts would definitely be hers. Still, some of those pins are quite interesting! I try not to look TOO much into it, because if I went missing or was suspected of something unsavory, my Pinterest account wouldn't do me any favors. ;)

I know what you are saying and I am one of those people who rarely changes what is written underneath what I pin. From looking at all of her pins on her boards it appears that she did personalize a lot of the comments underneath. There is a way to check....If you click on the pin you can see who the person re-pinned the pin from. You can then find the Pin on their board and see if the comment underneath is the same or has been changed. (You can follow the trail back several people to make certain.) The "damn temper" comment was hers.

With that said, I don't think there is anything on her Pinterest Board that points to her being a murderer. I think it is an interesting glimpse into her personality, sense of humor, struggles, interests, etc.

I just keep wondering what he told her all along while they were having the affair. For her to believe that they were going to go out and "celebrate" her pregnancy with a "special outing" and going hunting. To me it sounds like she was planning a happy future with him. Whether she told JC she was pregnant and the baby could possibly be CL's is unclear, but she did tell him on Father's Day that she was pregnant. Was she telling both of them they were the father? How could she know at 3 weeks pregnant that she was even pregnant let alone who the father was, unless she hadn't had relations with her husband in months. Something CL said to her made her believe e was happy about it. To me is seem she was happy about it and was looking forward to a future of happiness. I think he sold her a bill of goods. Rotten goods. Poor Erin.

I can't even imagine what she was thinking when she realized it was all bogus.

Yes, I believe the celebration was to lure Erin, however I don't see it as so far-fetched that shooting would be something she's into. I know LOTS of women of all ages who shoot in the desert, among other places. Many military families are into shooting and hunting, and it's something many women in those families do as well. One of my daughters is married and for part of her bachelorette party all the girls traipsed off into the woods to go shooting. (The guys didn't even do that.) And she'd roll her eyes at the "hunting for shoes" comment you made. lol While she's definitely the most unique girl I know, I can still see it as a possibility - not probability, of course - that "shooting" and "celebrating" could go hand in hand for military/shooting families.

I agree CL baiting her though is disgusting!!

I fear the celebration was actually CL using that as his "lure" to get her to meet up with him. And didn't she also mention hunting as part of that lovely romantic moment? I so do not wish to come across as sexist, but two women out hunting together, unless it's for shoes, one would think is not a real common occurrence.

CL baiting her, which disgusts me to even think about.

Hilarious you should refer to it a sprawling metropolis. I was thinking exactly the same thing while "cruising" Rt 66 in Google maps. Still stuck in the space age and I bet Roy's was a hopping place back in the day. Used to be a cool old drive in called The Rocket around here that was similar vintage and style. Alas, long gone.

Cell tower behind Roy's looks a bit out of place though.

Nothing, just nothing out there. Lots of dirt.

ETA: What the heck is going on with quotes being blown out of boxes?

WHAT?????

BBM

YAY! I hope we hear that NL and CL have been arrested by Friday!

Soon likely. Releasing the explosive affidavit was a last ditch effort to squeeze the lee's before acting on what they had.

Weeks had passed and police had nothing left to follow up on. They probably watched the Lee's after the release and gathered any extra info. Now it's time to make them talk before the pressure expires and turn them against each other. They probably have almost no idea where erin is tho. With the evidence released so far i bet is Nichole is not charged and Chris goes free after trial. But who knows what else they have

I have read on a few forums that people do go shooting in the Old Dale Mining District which is in that area north leading into Joshua Tree National Park close to where LE was searching mines and for shoe and tire tracks.

I just keep wondering what he told her all along while they were having the affair. For her to believe that they were going to go out and "celebrate" her pregnancy with a "special outing" and going hunting. To me it sounds like she was planning a happy future with him. Whether she told JC she was pregnant and the baby could possibly be CL's is unclear, but she did tell him on Father's Day that she was pregnant. Was she telling both of them they were the father? How could she know at 3 weeks pregnant that she was even pregnant let alone who the father was, unless she hadn't had relations with her husband in months. Something CL said to her made her believe e was happy about it. To me is seem she was happy about it and was looking forward to a future of happiness. I think he sold her a bill of goods. Rotten goods. Poor Erin.

I can't even imagine what she was thinking when she realized it was all bogus.

On the Police Scanner Recording, the cop says Erin is less than two months pregnant.

http://www.desertsun.com/videos/news/nation/california/2014/07/23/13077383/?utm_medium=[%27twitter%27]&utm_source=[%27dlvr.it%27]

I doubt she would have been too much less than two months since she already knew she was pregnant.

Soon likely. Releasing the explosive affidavit was a last ditch effort to squeeze the lee's before acting on what they had.

Weeks had passed and police had nothing left to follow up on. They probably watched the Lee's after the release and gathered any extra info. Now it's time to make them talk before the pressure expires and turn them against each other. They probably have almost no idea where erin is tho. With the evidence released so far i bet is Nichole is not charged and Chris goes free after trial. But who knows what else they have

Needless to say, I hope both NL and CL are arrested and tried for Erin's murder, and I pray for convictions for both. I hope LE has been able to get enough strong evidence back that will convict both even without Erin's body. What I worry about is the D.A. not wanting to try the case without a body.

My whole theory on this case has changed.

Unlike most everybody else, I believe the police have leaked the information about CL and NL. They want another person to feel that they are not focused on them at all- when IMO, they are researching this person's movements very hard. This person had the most motive to hurt Erin. IMO, I think this person knew Erin was meeting up with CL. He followed them and observed them. He was in his friends red car, or he borrowed a red car from somewhere. Heck, it may even be his red car and we just don't know about it. When CL drove away from Erin, this person pulled up and told Erin they needed to talk. That's why Erin got in the car with this person (b/c she knew who it was)

I actually am even starting to doubt if Erin was still having (or even if she ever) had an affair with CL. I'm thinking this whole drama just got started because of back-bitting gossip. JMO, but I can't understand why Erin would tell her husband she was pregnant if she thought for a minute it was CL's. Especially because she told JC on father's day.

Some people would say because CL lied during police questioning is a red flag. Probably, but it could also be that he lied because he knew he was one of the last to see her. Obviously, CL and his wife have had problems because of the whole Erin story before. Gossip or not, I don't know. I can def. see NL not liking Erin and that could be the reason for the "mouthy" sections of her police interviews. If CL and Erin were close (either as good friends or lovers, she very well may have told him her secrets) and CL has told the police. I can't see LE letting CL go back to Alaska with the amount of information it looks like they have. I think it's a red herring.

I'm thinking that somebody is starting/spreading a lot of this drama/gossip. Somebody could be trying to take the focus off their own self and pin it on somebody they hate.

As always this is just my 2 cents. It's not a popular theory, but I always think most cases are usually pretty simple.

Actually it was a news reporter :)

Memewhitehurst

I think we need to be looking at celebrating the pregnancy another way. Erin has a miscarriage. Jon was working and not there for her emotionally. Chris has been thru this with Nichole. He knows how hard it is. He reaches out to Erin to comfort her. This rekindles the affair. Erin gets pregnant again. Chris takes her out to celebrate her happy news....not necessarily their news, but her news. He's pretending to be happy for her. But since they recently slept together, he panics thinking it could be his. He had promised Nichole the affair was over and maybe it had been until after Erin's miscarriage.

<snipped for space>

I never heard of a potato gun either. The things we learn on WS!

I've been hit by a piece of fruit launched out of one. It was shot up into the air and hit my leg on the way down. It was a total accident but it hurt like heck and left a massive bruise. I can imagine getting hit directly at close range would be pretty debilitating. I don't think she this is a case of "death by potato gun," just sayin', they can do more damage than you might think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23