GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience, most just state that he/she is in the military if the branch is unknown. There is no need to state sailor, marine, soldier, etc if you do not know the branch that they are in.

I have even heard the term military used, as in "he/she is military".

Yeh, it's called someone being in the military when you don't know the branch. I'm not being a smarty pants or anything, That's what you call them, is military personnel or serviceman/woman. Even the use of G.I. for Government Issue denotes the branch of the Army.

Thanks for taking time to answer. The daughter of a neighbor enlisted in June and I'd like to ask how she's doing, but I don't want to be inadvertently offensive.

I need to bookmark this thing! lol! I have the HARDEST time finding it when someone mentions it!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Corwin-(29-Palms-CA)/page24&highlight=scanner

I find subscribing to the scanner thread (or any thread I am interested in, for that matter) helps me because I am alerted to new/latest posts...

Go to the "Tool Bar" at top of each page of the thread... Click on "subscribe to thread"... Another page will come up asking stuff... And just click on the bottom button...(can't remember what it says specifically) ... And Bingo! You are in like Flynn!

HTH... :seeya:

It would be nice if at the end of the search day the SD would summarize what has been done over the weekend. How many mines searched,how many square yds searched, how many crime scenes discovered etc.

I find subscribing to the scanner thread (or any thread I am interested in, for that matter) helps me because I am alerted to new/latest posts...

Go to the "Tool Bar" at top of each page of the thread... Click on "subscribe to thread"... Another page will come up asking stuff... And just click on the bottom button...(can't remember what it says specifically) ... And Bingo! You are in like Flynn!

HTH... :seeya:

Thank you! I never knew how to do that.

BBM: With all due respect, how, exactly, is LE doing "such a poor job on this case"? Just because the public hasn't been advised of every step they've taken and they haven't provided updates does not equate to a "poor job". Because I live in San Bernardino County I very much resent that comment as they have a very fine reputation and are quite a large department. If, in the end, it comes out that they've dropped the ball somewhere along the way, I'll be the first to apologize, however, I will reserve judgment until there is proof they've done a poor job on this case.

Far be it for me to criticize, I am not in fact a sheriff's office. But you ask me 'how exactly' and I must oblige. Mind you, this applies to this particular case only, and the armed force likely has had a hand in the way this case has shaped up, to some extent:

They've been hiding things from the public from the get-go. They've sealed warrants, and have had audio files of run of the mill scanner chatter taken down off of a public website. They refuse to tell us when and where the victim was last seen. They refuse to tell us when and where their prime suspect was last seen. They outright lied to the public when they said their prime suspect was not a suspect. They refuse to tell us where the search areas are, and why they are so confident in them. There is no campaign whatsoever on the part of the police to obtain any new leads from the public as to the whereabouts of the key players on that day. No flyers, advertisements, youtube videos, guest appearances of investigators on morning shows, nothing! There is a boilerplate wetip number that they add to everything--that's nothing. I'm not requesting all of the details that only the killer would know, I'm talking about the barebones framework of what went on that day that the public is almost always given so people who saw the suspect and the victim will be afforded a chance to come forward. All we have is historical data on what the players had been up to prior to that day. That is not an investigation, that's bio for a sentencing hearing.

I haven't even gotten to the major errors yet, so here goes:

Miserable failure in searching for the vehicle; searches are supposed to be conducted in concentric circles fanning out from point of last confirmed sighting. With a helicopter and a squadron of surface vehicles they should have easily found her car before 2:00pm on sunday afternoon, instead of someone else finding it Monday morning, while they were searching way out on gold crown road of all places.

At least two different lead investigators worked the case at different times so the investigation was inconsistent. (Warrant applicants were different)

Failing to search the garage when they executed the search warrant at the Lee's home on base. Failing to search the secondary residence of the suspect concurrent with the primary search. Failing to search an additional property of a suspects' defacto trusteeship. Removing an Ipod from a purse as evidence, but leaving the purse behind. Seeing a suspect transport a duffel bag on a searchable property yet never locating such bag during the immediately subsequent search of same.

Not properly interrogating the suspect in a station house for an appropriate amount of time. Not advising the suspect to stay local for the remainder of the investigation. Not properly presenting the substantial evidence of intent and motive to flee during the suspects' bail hearing for charges connected to a search warrant stemming from a homicide investigation.

Losing a key witness' statement and having to go back to the witness more than two weeks later to re-obtain such statement. Not interviewing another key witness further once she publicly retracted, at least partially, her initial remarks.

These are just the things off the top of my head, and yes My Own Opinion

This "Corwin Coverup" nutcase is a crackpot but they left the door open.

It would be nice if at the end of the search day the SD would summarize what has been done over the weekend. How many mines searched,how many square yds searched, how many crime scenes discovered etc.

I absolutely agree.

I learned years ago while belonging here that law enforcement owe us nothing. And the families of the missing owe us even less. LE does have to tell us a blessed thing. We are not entitled to anything because we choose to spend our time doing this. No one ASKED us to. We are here because we want to be. IMO MOO

My mind keeps going back to the search today. I hope it's productive.

My mind keeps going back to the search today. I hope it's productive.

It will be productive. Because even if Erin isn't found, they have ruled out certain areas. That is productive.
God guide this search and bring Erin home!

It will be productive. Because even if Erin isn't found, they have ruled out certain areas. That is productive.
God guide this search and bring Erin home!

True, certain areas can be eliminated and it will narrow down the scope of the next search. I just hope because this was the "big push", that this isn't it, I hope they are planning additional organized searches for her if this one turns up nothing. FWIW.

True, certain areas can be eliminated and it will narrow down the scope of the next search. I just hope because this was the "big push", that this isn't it, I hope they are planning additional organized searches for her if this one turns up nothing. FWIW.

I hope they will plan more searches as well. The "big push" is leading to a variety of thoughts, and I do hope this is the Big Push to Get Started, not the Big Push for the finale.
IMOO.

I hope they will plan more searches as well. The "big push" is leading to a variety of thoughts, and I do hope this is the Big Push to Get Started, not the Big Push for the finale.
IMOO.

I'm going to be pretty devastated if they stop searching.

I'm glad to hear there is this big push this weekend to find Erin. But I wonder, after the big push is over, will they continue to look for her if she isn't found this weekend?

I still imagine that some day, some hiker, biker, hunter, explorer will come upon what they will first think is a mannequin laying in the middle of the desert (because when someone sees a dead body, they first always think it's a mannequin because mannequins are so prevalent and just always lying around everywhere in ditches, ravines, lakes, rivers, under bridges, etc.), then will realize it's a dead body and rush to call the police and that's how Erin Corwin will be found. Not by any organized search, reward being offered, private investigator or any other means usually tried.

Question: How many of you see mannequins along roadsides or out when you are hiking or camping? Just asking cuz every case I see on TV (Investigation Discovery, etc.) the person who finds the body always says they thought it was a mannequin.

I was on an 8 hour road trip, then another 4 hour road trip and not once did I see a mannequin on the side of the road or in a ditch or anyplace.

A little late on this but maybe its just the brain trying to rationalize by saying. "Ok this can't be real...I didn't just see a dead body on the roadside. Ergo has to be a mannequin."

Mel...

What do you suppose Mrs. L meant when she told the Horse Ranch woman that LE missed something in the garage during the search?
What was it? A shovel? A gun? An article of Erin's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member