Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by OkieGranny, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

[​IMG]

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_30d113d0-016a-11e4-8d32-001a4bcf887a.html

http://www.kmir.com/story/25916449/public-help-sought-in-case-of-missing-woman

http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-reported-missing-in-twentynine-palms/26746852

Erin's FB: https://www.facebook.com/eheavilin

Media, Map & Timeline

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

2. Loading...

3. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TWENTYNINE PALMS: Search underway for missing pregnant woman

[​IMG][​IMG]

http://blog.pe.com/breaking-news/20...s-search-underway-for-missing-pregnant-woman/

4. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

Information that our members are posting in our private Scanner Forum is to remain in the Scanner Forum. If something interesting is heard, a member can post in the public forum that there is something going on, so members don't miss anything. If there is scanner information posted in the MSM, it can be quoted here WITH A LINK to the MSM article.

We are a victim friendly site. We have no suspects or persons of interest at this time, no one is to be discussed as such until or unless this happens. No sleuthing of friends or family. No rumor.

CL and NL may be discussed and sleuthed. The minor children that have come up may NOT be sleuthed or named, not even in direct quotes. ALSO, IM may not be sleuthed.

The closed facebook may NOT be discussed or linked too.

5. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Hi guys, heard you rang me!

A status hearing is generally just a hearing at which calendaring takes place. The court and the attorneys determine how much time they will need for things in order to calendar the next hearing. I;m not sure at what stage in the process this case is,
    but I'm assuming a preliminary hearing has yet to take place, just an arraignment.

Motive never has to be disclosed. Some evidence will be disclosed at a preliminary hearing but not at a status hearing.

A plea deal can always be reached if all sides agree. Even if the state seeks the death penalty. But they have to agree.

A change of venue is based on a motion by the party seeking the change and too much publicity or negative local sentiment is usually grounds.

The supreme court did not rule the death penalty unconstitutional. One federal court judge did as to one case in California. However, his decision was a well written one and it will now be reviewed by the 9th circuit. Talk is that judges around the country may emulate this decision, and of course, in other cases in California:
    It is premature to state that the death penalty could be overturned in this case based on the one, federal judge's decision. If it ultimately is, years down the road, the death sentence would commuted to life in prison.

I hope that all helps!!

6. PJFL

PJFL What's done in the dark will come to the light.

7. Meemaw12

Meemaw12 Active Member

8. Meemaw12

Meemaw12 Active Member

9. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

SB County Sheriff @sbcountysheriff Sheriff McMahon will hold a press conference today,12:00 p.m. to release new information regarding the disappearance of Erin Corwin.

Also on their facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/sbcountysheriff

Sheriff McMahon will hold a press conference today,12:00 p.m. to release new information regarding the disappearance of Erin Corwin.

PRESS CONFERENCE

San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon will hold a press conference on Monday, August 18, 2014, 12:00 p.m. at Sheriff’s Headquarters, Main Conference Room. The focus of the press conference will be to release new information regarding the investigation into the disappearance of Erin Corwin.

Information will be not be released prior to the press conference.

WHERE: San Bernardino Co. Sheriff’s Department – Headquarters Bldg.
    655 E. 3rd Street
    San Bernardino
    WHEN: August 18, 2014
    TIME: 12:00 p.m.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5252134/

10. Coldpizza

Coldpizza WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please continue here

11. amm

amm Member

12. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

You might want to check the scanner forum for yesterday's posts about a helicopter trip (mods, I hope that's indirect enough).

13. Meemaw12

Meemaw12 Active Member

14. amm

amm Member

:yourock:TIA to those willing and able to transcribe the presser for those of us unable to listen!

15. TigerLilly

TigerLilly Member

Just heard the news!! So glad that Erin might finally get justice!

16. Crayola

Crayola Verified Crayon

After all this time I did not expect her to be alive. So, if they did in fact find evidence that led to the arrest of CL, then I am happy with the result but sad for her young life and for her family.

17. GGE

GGE GGE=GonnaGetEm

if anyone finds any national news channels that intend to cover the conference please let us know. HLN likes to cover missing person cases but they just show looped pre recorded video segments during the first half of the day so they probably won't have anything until JVM/NG later. Not sure that CNN would cover this, but I'm out of the loop on this case / have spent my time in the scanner thread instead, so apologies if this is info that I should already know. and, thanks!

18. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee

So they did find something yesterday. I am so happy about that but so sad that it turned out the way most of us thought it would. It's great news that Christopher Lee was arrested. They must have all their ducks in a row now to make that arrest.

19. Treelights

Treelights New Member

20. jojo87

jojo87 New Member

Thank goodness it's moving forward I am thinking of her family today.

21. Meemaw12

Meemaw12 Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.