GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Deputy US Marshall David Lange, 68, who also visits the horse ranch, said he believed Lee knew police might search his house.
‘He hid his rifle in the main house where Isabella lives and put the spud gun in the trunk of her car,’ he told MailOnline.
‘Why would you hide those things unless you thought the police might find them. It just seemed a little odd to me.
‘Some have said that maybe he was keeping it away from his daughter but I’ve seen him up here plenty of times with his rifle, he once asked to use the bunk house so he could clean it.
'Isabella rang me after the police came round and she said she knew nothing about the rifle, Chris hadn't told her he was keeping it in her closet.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ine-inquired-body-disposal.html#ixzz3Ax2lQuqh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

MH and the retired Marshall had interesting things to say.

Everyone seemed to know months prior, that the Lee's were going back to Alaska as soon as Chris ETS'd. What was Erin told? I now wonder if she had fallen in love with Chris and really thought if she were pregnant, he would stay/or take her with him? Or, was it Chris who was blowing smoke and lying to her?

Or you could turn it around and ask from the opposite direction. What was Lee told??

It seems like enough people knew the Lee's were leaving that it makes it more than likely the Corwin's knew it too. Unless Erin had abstained from intimacy with her husband and only had relations with CL for the previous several months, then there is no way for sure she could have known *who* fathered the unborn child. However, she may have told Lee that he was the father for sure. And that may have set the course into action. If that is the case, I feel so very sad because that one lie (under that particular scenario) may have sealed her fate. If that was the motive for Lee, Erin may still be alive today had Lee thought the baby was a Corwin. Just thinking through all the possibilities.

Geez these kids are/were all so young!!.... Crazy immature and irresponsible decisions. I feel the weight of my age now. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be married at 17/19 and being "grownups" at that age. Being married, being parents ...I know a lot of people do it but I just don't know how they do it- they're not even fully developed at that age... Mind boggling.

okay so I found a CR-1 and CR-4 form for a completely different case. On that CR-1 form there is a tiny box to the left of "Yes," after #75, where one would check it there was an assault on LE or arson. We can't see on CLs warrant whether that box was checked or not. A CR-4 form is titled at the top "Complaint-Disposition Report-Property Release"

I found that by googling the form number in the upper left-hand corner of CLs warrant

http://www.sbcountyda.org/Portals/8/PressReleases/2014/FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

Regarding fires and tires and CL...

I found interesting Number 75 on the Warrant of Arrest...(see above link)

#75 - Peace Officer Assaulted/Arson - Yes
If yes, complete and [sic] 34 or 35 on CR-4 Form

(Note: It appears the Warrant of Arrest is Form (CR1)... See upper left hand corner of form)

Is anyone familiar with this part of the Warrant of Arrest?

TIA...:seeya:

the more that is discussed regarding the tires, the more I was thinking about this quote regarding the firegfighter who was injured while down in the shaft as well as the "air quality":

http://www.pe.com/articles/corwin-748445-lee-detectives.html

I'm sure poor air quality in mines is common, but maybe it was made worse by smoke? BBM

What if he threw Erin in the mine hole- then set some tires on fire? Then he threw them in there and covered the hole up? Nobody would have seen the smoke/fire because it would have been covered up. He could have been thinking the fire would destroy evidence....but instead because he covered the air hole up- the fire basically just smoked and burned itself out. Tires take a LONG time to burn and they produce tons of smoke.

The only thing I can think of rebar being used for is concrete. My husband always uses it for concrete or some type of welding project.

MSM verifies that Erin was 3 mos pregnant at the time of her death. :( Does CA have the fetal homicide on the books? Article also eludes to possible dp charges and def LYING IN WAIT charges have been filed.
http://news.yahoo.com/man-charged-murder-killing-u-marines-pregnant-wife-223717379.html

California is a partial-coverage unborn victim state.

California: California Penal Code § 187(a) says, “Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.” The words “or a fetus” were added by the legislature in 1970. The California Supreme Court later interpreted “fetus” to apply “beyond the embryonic stage of seven to eight weeks.” (People v. Davis, 1994) In addition, Penal Code § 190.2(3) makes a defendant eligible for capital punishment if convicted of more than one murder, and the California Supreme Court ruled that fetal homicide is included under this provision as well (People v. Dennis, 1998).

http://www.nrlc.org/federal/unbornvictims/statehomicidelaws092302/

I wonder if LE can't say if she was pregnant, as quoted above, or just are not saying?

I do believe they are waiting on the autopsy (or were), as this would not be immediately obvious. An 8-week fetus is about a quarter of an inch long, and 12-week fetus is about 2 inches long. If there was some decomposition... they might have to check hormone markers or something like that?

okay so I found a CR-1 and CR-4 form for a completely different case. On that CR-1 form there is a tiny box to the left of "Yes," after #75, where one would check it there was an assault on LE or arson. We can't see on CLs warrant whether that box was checked or not. A CR-4 form is titled at the top "Complaint-Disposition Report-Property Release"

I found that by googling the form number in the upper left-hand corner of CLs warrant

You guys may already know this and I late to the discussion but they already confirmed this morning that the LE who was injured during the mine shaft search was injured due to large falling rock falling on his arm. It's possible they don't have any specific forms for that (assault by rock?) but they may want to attribute his injury as sustained due to investigation of a defendant. A lot off friends on the force have to squeeze round pegs thru square holes to get compensation/benefits applied properly as well as potentially add it to the list of offenses incurred during the investigation.

I just viewed this and I nearly passed out watching it :cry: The dichotomy of the background music and what we ultimately know the Rose of Peru mine held was/is disturbing (creep factor: off the charts IMO).

Via iPhone there's no way for me to discern if that is him in the red Jeep IMO. However, the camera zooming down the entrance of the mineshaft to Erin's final resting place literally brought me to tears all over again! :tears:

What was the dark cylindrical object on the ground at the end of the segment (before it switches to the next mine)? I'm thinking ballistics related (I hate typing that!), but I could be (and want to be) wrong!

tvscum, I hope you've sent this in to the SBCSO, because it is a tremendous find. :sleuth:

FWIW, to access it via tapatalk, I had to click on "WebView" first, then the link worked.

My heart breaks for Erin, her tiny little one (until we are told otherwise, I will believe she was with child :heartbeat: :moo: ), JC, and her family that are mourning her loss!

:rose:
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's necessary to contact the sheriff's office over that video. It was taken in 2012 and the haircut and facial hair are not Marine Corps approved, so highly unlikely it is CL. The video was made by a group of offroad enthusiasts doing recon before their actual trip planned for fall of that year.

Ok, so per the Daily Mail, her last miscarriage occurred in February? That just so happens to coincide when media reports yesterday said her initial affair dated back to. Hmmm. So preggers in Feb, when the affair started, and preggers in June when the Lee'a are due to leave?

What are your guys' thoughts on that?

Ok, so per the Daily Mail, her last miscarriage occurred in February? That just so happens to coincide when media reports yesterday said her initial affair dated back to. Hmmm. So preggers in Feb, when the affair started, and preggers in June when the Lee'a are due to leave?

What are your guys' thoughts on that?
I am trying to do the math myself!

All posts are MOO

I just wish Erin had gone back to TN since she was probably miserable. Two affairs in a short marriage. Really sad that all this tragedy has happened and a young woman is dead. Who knows what EC and CL said to each other. The tragedy is just so horrible.

I understand that. As I said, I don't know anything about a guns capabilities. Is 140 feet too far to be able to shoot?

From a factual standpoint, 140 feet - approx. 50 yards - is certainly not too far for a trained Marine to shoot, especially if the .22 had a scope, like mine does. However, you couldn't aim into the darkness of a mine shaft, which would render a scope useless. Plus, shooting down into a mine shaft would force you to hold the gun stock up and barrel down, an entirely unnatural angle for shooting and aiming would be impossible. You would be shooting blind, pretty much spraying enough bullets to be sure you hit something.

Having said that, I can't quite make myself think much about exactly what he did to poor Erin. Whenever I try to reason it through it makes me heartsick and a bit nauseous.

I just wish Erin had gone back to TN since she was probably miserable. Two affairs in a short marriage. Really sad that all this tragedy has happened and a young woman is dead. Who knows what EC and CL said to each other. The tragedy is just so horrible.
Wait.. two? Who was the other guy? I am so far behind!

If she was NOT pregnant, this is so much worse and sadder, Imo, as I believe CL murdered her due to believing she was pregnant and he might face child support, wrecked marriage, etc. Jmo

Did both men, hubby and lover, think they were the baby daddy?

I'm beginning to think she either wasn't pregnant or for whatever reason he won't be charged in the death of the fetus. Law enforcement has said nothing about those additional charges which is what makes me think they aren't on the table. I hope I'm wrong...

Somewhat off topic: In watching the videos of CL in jail I couldn't help but notice he's not looking so smug and arrogant. He's actually looking quite deflated and humble. NL, however, doesn't look any different. I wonder if she thinks she got away with something? I think if she was involved she has already made it crystal clear to CL that he had better make sure that she isn't on the hook for anything. I can hear her now...It was your [modsnip] that you couldn't keep in your pants and got that girl pregnant. It was you that was so stupid you couldn't keep your stories straight. It was you that...blah, blah, blah. I'm not going down for this and you better make sure I don't. OMG I can so see this happening. Can you imagine the conversations that took place on the drive to Alaska? That must have been the longest days of CL's life. If he wasn't so despicable I'd almost feel sorry for him for having to have to listen to her that entire time. Chris, Chris, dammit, are you listening to me you big dumb arse? Listen to me! And on, and on, and on... :bang:

Funny you mention that drive to Alaska. I thought about the conversations on that drive from the day I heard they left. I bet that was the longest drive he's ever taken in his life. LOL Just the fact he had an affair and got another gal pregnant would have been enough for her to chew him out about to the California/Oregon border. LOL Even a fly in that car would have died from the toxicity going around in that vehicle. He had a lot to worry about. And I bet she reminded him of every bit of it. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff