GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon me. Crumpled. They are synonyms of each other.

Nope, crumbled means crushed and/or pulled apart into many separate pieces, crumpled means a single contiguous mass that has been folded in opposing directions at various positions within it's structure.

Crackers can be crumbled, but can't be crumpled.
A sheet of paper can be crumpled, but can't be crumbled.

I'm wondering whether you can still determine pregnancy if that much time has passed. I really don't know whether it would somehow just be absorbed by her body? Does anyone know? :(

I wonder if they might be holding out on releasing that until they see what happens with him waiving extradition or not, etc.?

Or hoping he (well, NL, also probably) will talk more in the interim and slip up with more of their 'insightful' plans, knowing that thinking EC was pregnant was definitely a significant piece of things?

So perhaps allowing this was she/wasn't she thing getting them to say something individually - or to one (another if she's able to visit him) - if they suddenly have to start scrambling and coming up with some new story or something if they have to go down the mental rabbit trail of "oh dang - she's dead and now she may not have been pregnant?!"

They've clearly got loose lips and think they are smarter than everyone else (or else they're truly so...dim) that it seems likely they'd slip up either individually or together if they have to sweat out whether or not Erin really was pregnant WITH CL already charged with her murder and Erin also having been found.

I can't imagine it crossed their minds that there was any possibility she might really not be pregnant, so this could be quite the hiccup in things even just in them having to contemplate it.

Nope, crumbled means crushed and/or pulled apart into many separate pieces, crumpled means a single contiguous mass that has been folded in opposing directions at various positions within it's structure.

Crackers can be crumbled, but can't be crumpled.
A sheet of paper can be crumpled, but can't be crumbled.

When you look them up, both are listed as synonyms of each other. I really think you are making a big deal out of nothing. You knew exactly what I meant.

I'm wondering whether you can still determine pregnancy if that much time has passed. I really don't know whether it would somehow just be absorbed by her body? Does anyone know? :(

Do you remember the Mark Hacking case? He tossed his wife into landfill in Utah and she was just weeks into pregnancy -- I found a news link for the info on Lori Hacking - she was 3 months in the land fill and her remains were badly degraded so they could NOT confirm the pregnancy -- I got it wrong sorry:

"I put them in the garbage, and they rotted out at the landfill. I'm tormented every waking minute by what I did," he said.

An autopsy of the badly decomposed body could not confirm that Lori Hacking was pregnant, as she had told friends, leaving the state unable to seek the death penalty. Prosecutor Robert Stott said that left insufficient proof for such a charge."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/06/06/wife-killer-hacking-gets-6-years-to-life/

sorry for the confusion

That expression seemed really odd to me, as well. Almost like a "hey, I did this for you, why am I in trouble?"
It disturbed me, a lot. Like he really has no comprehension of what he just did.

In the court video, he looks over at his family with a deer in the headlights look. Was that when "someone" tried to speak, or was he just looking? Also, did he say "Yeah" like a sullen teenager, when he was asked a question by the judge?

Thank you, that really gave a boots on the ground view!

Couple things came to mind: there was no rebar on that opening. LE said the terrain was challenging, with a 4x4 it's not bad at all. Last, I had a flash of walking through the desert at night and bloop ... you're gone. Really builds a case for making sure there is rebar or some kind of grate across those openings, yikes!

Many of these mines have multiple mine shaft openings. Some are elaborate with both verticle and horizontal access points. There may have just been one verticle mine shaft for this particular mine. To give you an idea, there are 288 mines in JTNP with approximately 747 access points/mine openings. http://pages.pomona.edu/~wes04747/ID1/JOTRMINES DraftFinal.pdf

Going to research Rose of Peru more when I get to my computer.

I found this:

4door:

0ae5d1250ddcbc013302880de8bcff98.jpg

2door:

fb15e30aa528b4e325ff0144a5da479d.jpg

Image and detailed info here:

The 1997 Jeep Cherokee: Detailed Change Guide
http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/cherokee-details.html

ETA: I didn't have the heart to watch the video again to see if the vehicle in question was a 2- or 4-door. Apologies in advance.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually earlier on, while looking up his AKDefender posts, i was able to find out that his car is a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee "ZJ" Laredo
It would look more like this:

jeep_1997_laredo_03_34.jpg

Only Maroon, not Evergreen.

I have been wondering the same thing. Google hasn't been much help as a lot of the info contradicts each other. Maybe someone that has knowledge of this and wouldn't have to use Google will chime in. ;)

Do you guys think they will make the autopsy results public when they are available?

Here's my opinion:
She did not help, but she did try to cover it up. She hates her husband right now for ruining their lives. However, she is confident that he will exonerate her on behalf of their child.

I thought she looked oddly calm, especially since she's been named a person of interest. I would expect a normal person to at least look tense under those circumstances.

they might have driven separately, IF, they still had any of their own vehicles. One in the Uhaul and one in another vehicle.

ETA: IM stated at one point that they had two jeeps, IIRC.

Funny you mention that drive to Alaska. I thought about the conversations on that drive from the day I heard they left. I bet that was the longest drive he's ever taken in his life. LOL Just the fact he had an affair and got another gal pregnant would have been enough for her to chew him out about to the California/Oregon border. LOL Even a fly in that car would have died from the toxicity going around in that vehicle. He had a lot to worry about. And I bet she reminded him of every bit of it. IMO

Thank you Seajay for transcribing this interview. I really like DA Ramos and how he is handling this. I would want him fighting me for me, heaven forbid! And I want to say I was wrong thinking AK wasn't taking the accusations against Lee(s) seriously, obviously they were...good job LE :clap:

BBM

You are welcome. I didn't know if he'd give us anything new or not but I wanted to put out there what he said.

What we did learn was that they still didn't know for sure she was pregnant, they have no idea what his motive was for killer her and they had him followed around in AK the whole time he was there.

Thank you, that really gave a boots on the ground view!

Couple things came to mind: there was no rebar on that opening. LE said the terrain was challenging, with a 4x4 it's not bad at all. Last, I had a flash of walking through the desert at night and bloop ... you're gone. Really builds a case for making sure there is rebar or some kind of grate across those openings, yikes!
There are a lot of reports on off road forums about how difficult the terrain is in the area of these mines. Air needs to be at a certain level in tires and some parts of the road are very narrow that it takes TWO people to get through it safely. (One to spot outside of the car and direct the driver.) While the danger in the area directly around the mine may have been loose gravel and rocks the entry to the area is more than likely what LE was referring to.

We've been told that there could possibly be more arrests, right? Why would they say this unless it's likely to happen? I think Nicole better stop chewing and do a little more thinking!

MSM verifies that Erin was 3 mos pregnant at the time of her death. :( Does CA have the fetal homicide on the books? Article also eludes to possible dp charges and def LYING IN WAIT charges have been filed.
http://news.yahoo.com/man-charged-murder-killing-u-marines-pregnant-wife-223717379.html

Her pregnancy is still as clear as mud. I just tread the CBS8 article and the Daily News article that says she was three weeks pregnant. This article is saying three months pregnant. As of yesterday, DA Michael Ramos said he didn't know for sure if she was pregnant. Don't know if these news outlets are just repeating over and over again what came out in the beginning or if they really do know something now.

I just viewed this and I nearly passed out watching it :cry: The dichotomy of the background music and what we ultimately know the Rose of Peru mine held was/is disturbing (creep factor: off the charts IMO).

Via iPhone there's no way for me to discern if that is him in the red Jeep IMO. However, the camera zooming down the entrance of the mineshaft to Erin's final resting place literally brought me to tears all over again! :tears:

What was the dark cylindrical object on the ground at the end of the segment (before it switches to the next mine)? I'm thinking ballistics related (I hate typing that!), but I could be (and want to be) wrong!

tvscum, I hope you've sent this in to the SBCSO, because it is a tremendous find. :sleuth:

FWIW, to access it via tapatalk, I had to click on "WebView" first, then the link worked.

My heart breaks for Erin, her tiny little one (until we are told otherwise, I will believe she was with child :heartbeat: :moo: ), JC, and her family that are mourning her loss!

:rose:
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my research of mines in the area I have come across numerous photos of abandoned equipment and supplies near the mines. Some even have old cars abandoned and large mining structures. I believe the cylinder item in the photo is nothing more than an old can. There are a lot of ancient looking "trash" items scattered around the areas of the abandoned mines. The video was made in 2012.

http://www.sbcountyda.org/Portals/8/PressReleases/2014/FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

Regarding fires and tires and CL...

I found interesting Number 75 on the Warrant of Arrest...(see above link)

#75 - Peace Officer Assaulted/Arson - Yes
If yes, complete and [sic] 34 or 35 on CR-4 Form

(Note: It appears the Warrant of Arrest is Form (CR1)... See upper left hand corner of form)

Is anyone familiar with this part of the Warrant of Arrest?

TIA...:seeya:

I noticed that too, I thought he had done something like that and got my hopes up, but then I thought no, it would have been circled "yes" and they would most definitely have added an incident like that to the narrative in the warrant.

Two people having an affair..two marriages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I may have my facts all wrong since I have not read every post, but I thought I had read that Erin had had a previous affair. Again, I could have things all mixed up.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/loca...researched-how-to-dispose-of-a-body/14334397/

"We are looking at that to see what his wife's role actually was," District Attorney Michael Ramos said during an interview on Los Angeles-based "The John and Ken Show." "As you know, there's a penal code section that we can charge individuals with assisting or covering up serious crimes such as this, so we are investigating that. They are doing that part of the investigation right now."
Lee, 24, made his first appearance in court in connection with the case Tuesday in Alaska.
The state of Alaska filed a fugitive from justice charge against Lee and he is being held on $2 million bail at the Anchorage Correctional Complex.
During the hearing at the complex, Lee said he would like to speak to his lawyer before making a decision on whether he will waive or fight extradition to San Bernardino County. Family members at the hearing declined to comment.
If Lee waives extradition, he can be returned to San Bernardino County immediately. If he fights extradition, it may take four to six weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine