GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG ~ It certainly looks like him, and LE DID say she was found in an area that CL was familiar with. This guy is also driving the SAME maroon color jeep??? I am not good at all with makes and models of vehicles....

Can someone with knowledge of what a Jeep Cherokee (1997) looks like take a look at this video and tell us if it is a jeep Cherokee? TIA
Start at around 5:00

IMO, it looks more like a late 80s, early 90s model. But I'm no expert.

OMG ~ It certainly looks like him, and LE DID say she was found in an area that CL was familiar with. This guy is also driving the SAME maroon color jeep??? I am not good at all with makes and models of vehicles....

Can someone with knowledge of what a Jeep Cherokee (1997) looks like take a look at this video and tell us if it is a jeep Cherokee? TIA

I found this:

4door:

0ae5d1250ddcbc013302880de8bcff98.jpg

2door:

fb15e30aa528b4e325ff0144a5da479d.jpg

Image and detailed info here:

The 1997 Jeep Cherokee: Detailed Change Guide
http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/cherokee-details.html

ETA: I didn't have the heart to watch the video again to see if the vehicle in question was a 2- or 4-door. Apologies in advance.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the court video, he looks over at his family with a deer in the headlights look. Was that when "someone" tried to speak, or was he just looking? Also, did he say "Yeah" like a sullen teenager, when he was asked a question by the judge?

He/she thought they would never find Erin, I imagine they had deceived themselves into thinking this whole thing would go away with time and they were home "safe" in Alaska.

Though I do wonder how subtle LE was when they were following him around in Alaska?

Remember, it's 140 ft down. Hence the report she was "crumbled" at the bottom of the mine.

this is sickening looks luike he threw her down alive
'Sometime after Erin left with Lee, her phone was deactivated (turned off). Detectives believe if Erin was injured and left at an undisclosed location, she would not (be) able to call for help.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ine-inquired-body-disposal.html#ixzz3Awqaxg7f
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I also can't remember is DailyMail is considered MSM by WS, but wow. That article provides more context of the players and their personalities than we have read yet. I too find the US Marshall's comments and instincts valuable, and it certainly sheds a different light on IM. If he is correct, it appears CL manipulated and/or exploited her friendship and the use of her ranch/bunkhouse.

That's right. Thanks.

Don't know if WS let links post to the Daily Mail in, but here is an article with some interviews from some of Erin's friends at the horse ranch. One of them is an ex US marshall.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2728658/Sheriff-Ex-Marine-inquired-body-disposal.html

Also, from the way MH spoke about ECs (current) pregnancy, it sure seems like many people knew and that it was not a closely guarded secret by any means. Surely, NL knew...IMO

MH and the retired Marshall had interesting things to say.

Everyone seemed to know months prior, that the Lee's were going back to Alaska as soon as Chris ETS'd. What was Erin told? I now wonder if she had fallen in love with Chris and really thought if she were pregnant, he would stay/or take her with him? Or, was it Chris who was blowing smoke and lying to her?

Also, from the way MH spoke about ECs (current) pregnancy, it sure seems like many people knew and that it was not a closely guarded secret by any means. Surely, NL knew...IMO

Yes! It seems like the only person who didn't know was Erin's Mom.

Thank you Seajay for transcribing this interview. I really like DA Ramos and how he is handling this. I would want him fighting me for me, heaven forbid! And I want to say I was wrong thinking AK wasn't taking the accusations against Lee(s) seriously, obviously they were...good job LE :clap:

BBM

John and Ken show: DA Michael Ramos.

Q: What was the clue to search the mines? How did they know to look there? A: Part of the evidence we can't discuss.

Lee denied affair, then changed his story. LE started investigation, found on computer how to dispose of a human body.

Witness say he asked what is the best way to dispose of a human body.

Don't know what the motive is for Lee killing Corwin.

Can't confirm that Corwin was indeed pregnant.

Killed the victim by means of lying in wait.

Does NL have a role in this: A. We are looking at this. Penal Code says they can charge people with covering up crimes such as this. Looking into how much knowledge she had of this crime.

Will he get death penalty? We have to make that decision later, but he's eligible for the Death Penalty.

Was CL a suspect immediately?

Would have to ask the Sheriff but when they looked at circumstances of the affair, he was pretty much a suspect.

In Alaska, they knew where Lee was the entire time.

They looked at many mine shafts, maybe not 100 but they were looking everywhere. Experts explaining where the mines were to guide search teams.

DA office have not talked to anyone of the Corwins about the case.

wow, good catch!

http://www.sbcountyda.org/Portals/8/PressReleases/2014/FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

Regarding fires and tires and CL...

I found interesting Number 75 on the Warrant of Arrest...(see above link)

#75 - Peace Officer Assaultrd/Arson - Yes
If yes, complete and [sic] 34 or 35 on CR-4 Form

(Note: It appears the Warrant of Arrest is Form CR1...SE upper left hand corner of form))

Is anyone familiar with this part of the Warrant of Arrest?

TIA...:seeya:

the more that is discussed regarding the tires, the more I was thinking about this quote regarding the firegfighter who was injured while down in the shaft as well as the "air quality":

The depth of the mine shaft and the poor air quality caused sheriff’s officials to delay the recovery overnight and summon an eight-person San Bernardino County Fire Department urban search and rescue team. One firefighter was lowered in to retrieve unspecified evidence, and a second brought out Corwin’s body, Fire Chief Mark Hartwig said. The second firefighter suffered cardiac distress and was injured when a rock fell on him, Hartwig said.

http://www.pe.com/articles/corwin-748445-lee-detectives.html

I'm sure poor air quality in mines is common, but maybe it was made worse by smoke? BBM

http://www.sbcountyda.org/Portals/8/PressReleases/2014/FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

Regarding fires and tires and CL...

I found interesting Number 75 on the Warrant of Arrest...(see above link)

#75 - Peace Officer Assaulted/Arson - Yes
If yes, complete and [sic] 34 or 35 on CR-4 Form

(Note: It appears the Warrant of Arrest is Form (CR1)... See upper left hand corner of form)

Is anyone familiar with this part of the Warrant of Arrest?

TIA...:seeya:

I understand that. As I said, I don't know anything about a guns capabilities. Is 140 feet too far to be able to shoot?

Its not too far to shoot however it'd be pitch black down there so unless he had an infared scope he wouldn't be able to see her. But 140 feet
is roughly the equivilent of falling from a 14 story building so the fall alone would have killed her.

Mel

I wonder if LE can't say if she was pregnant, as quoted above, or just are not saying?

I believe it's been established that his Jeep was dark blue/green/black. Additionally, in pictures I've seen it is not at all "modded"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker