Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MJPeony, Oct 11, 2019.

1. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

I wonder how nonsensical were her nonsensical comments? Had she been drinking? And when she spoke to the cop that evening and said she was with friends, why didn't cop ask to speak to them to verify things were okay? Was she lying because she knew if cops found her DUI of alcohol or drugs, that that would be detrimental?

TRB, Suglo, LadyL and 9 others like this.

2. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Hi @bears10 .
    I e=read it before they closed it.
    People had started to accuse her husband of killing her and making all sorts of nasty comments. Worst trolling I ever saw ... the tone of the comments suggested he really was a culprit ... that they had inside information to that effect. Really nasty.
    Erin was not a prolific social media user... not at all.
    She used it sporadically and artistically and creatively when the mood took her.
    Her facebook had months of lapses, ditto her Twitter account..
    She wasn't that interested in that medium of communications.
    Nor was she narcissistic.
    Certainly many of her posts were 'out there', risque and daring.. but she was merely playing with it occasionally, while bored or in between real work is my impression. She neither courted followers nor hustled for business.
    It is possible she used it more when she was much younger.
    Erin , I think, and I'm dreadful for mixing up dates, married very young.. I think she
    was married for 16 years at age 33...

She was highly intelligent. She was very energetic.. mountain climbing was a hobby they both shared.
    I know a couple of people who share this hobby.
    I feel sick every time they're off on a climb, fearing they will never return..
    It demands extreme concentration continuously, a lapse of a mere second can lead to death.
    There is no marriage of a druggy life and a hazardous hobby like this.

I'm not subscri
    bing to the drug theories shared here at all.
    Sure, it's possible, but I think it's highly unlikely.

Nor do I share the various Matrix theories.. the word has been used as an adjective for years and years. It has the same meaning as 'out there' or 'far out' or 'surreal'.
    The only interesting thing about her use of it after she 'fell ill' as the pronoun 'we'.
    She was speaking with her mother and she had no reason to assume her mother was in it with her which makes me wonder whether she had met somebody else who was with her when she made that call or shortly prior to it.

The 'Thanksgiving' reference may have been an indication that she had lost her sense of time and space. Or that she wasn't returning home as planned... impossible to tell and I doubt we will ever know.

I know I talk nonsense at times when over coffeed or forfeiting sleep from a websleuths case that completely absorbs me and my sentences are not making sense, even to me.
    She probably forfeited a lot of sleep in the week running up to her death.. I don't know if she imbibed more alcohol than usual. She could have been dehydrated. Burnt out and giddy as a result... all those things are as possible as drug abuse, but none of them was likely to lead to death.

Too many young people are dying suddenly with undiagnosed illnesses, like hypertrophic cardiomyopathy... brain haemorrhages, viral diseases of unknown origin...
    Ev is not somebody I would have chosen to spend time with... I have little to no patience for high achievers, I'm just an ageing hippy and achieving is very low on my priority list.
    I do like her, however...
    I see her like a drowning woman desperately looking for a way to reach the shore , suddenly deprived of all her faculties including her rational mind.
    My heart breaks for her.
    Everything she always took for granted was taken from her while she was still alive breathing and conscious and trying to complete a simple task... getting from A to B.
    I wonder at her final thoughts and fears and whether she found any solace at all before her lifeforce was quenched. I sincerely hope she did.
    I doubt we will ever know.
    Nor are we entitled to know.
    I will light a candle for her again tonight in the vague hope that it will help her journey onward and free her from the circumstances of her death and the terror of her final hours.
    It's all I can do.
    RIP Erin.

3. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

What a fantastic post!

Suglo, chesire78, PixieStix and 3 others like this.
  4. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I'm guessing her "nonsensical" statements run parallel to what her psychotherapist husband said and her mother said. Rapid speech and, since he said "mania," then very loose associations.

People who believe they are in the Matrix can surely believe that others they know are in it, too, of course. It's interesting that the Matrix was reference on her FB a couple of times and she had a Matrix-style portrait up.

5. Jo in Calif

Jo in Calif Well-Known Member

A close friend of one of my colleagues committed suicide. It happened as so many suicides do—out of the blue. A few days earlier, my colleague had spent the day hanging out with her friend, who was relaxed, upbeat, and normal.

Sadly, suicide without warning is not t uncommon. “Many people who commit suicide do so without letting on they are thinking about it or planning it,” says Dr. Michael Miller, assistant professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.

More than 100 Americans commit suicide every day. It’s the tenth leading cause of death overall; third among 15- to 24-year-olds and fourth among 25- to 44-year-olds.

Although some people who commit suicide have an identifiable mental health problem, like depression or addiction, others don’t. Some talk about wanting or planning to kill themselves or give other hints, others don’t. The decision to commit suicide might be made just minutes or hours before that act

Suicide often not preceded by warnings - Harvard Health Blog

NoSI, TRB, MimosaMornings and 10 others like this.
  6. kittythehare

I saw a single photograph on her facebook page.. looked like she was playing with filters.. an instagram photo using blue filters, an exaggerated pose with eyes wide open and a caption @I AM in the matrix' or something to that effect. It was mere silliness.. not serious.
    'Nonsensical' was the word used to describe the police man's convo with her at 10pm on the Monday night when she allegedly said she as in company/with friends.
    Her husband is a psychologist, not a psychotherapist.
    I think the word he used was 'textbook manic' meaning flights of ideas hurried rushed speech.

7. Blonde_AF

Blonde_AF Active Member

So KRON 4 put out 2 articles. One with dash cam footage from a neighbor in the area the vehicle and body were found. The other regarding her rentals footage since Thursday as well. The first article from the neighbors footage only has commentary about Thursday. This second article is stating it’s unknown how long the vehicle was there her rental dash cam confirms since Thursday. Those aren’t quotes but the way it’s written can be taken different ways. I agree with the others stating the dash cams likely could only store so much data. If vehicle had only been there with certainty since Thursday, it would be reported differently and they would see her pulling up and parking etc. The way it’s written leaves room for likely unnecessary speculation. Some quick research on dash cams show that they almost all run on a loop and record over or refresh after a set time frame. If she was found Saturday, it’s actually surprising they can even go back as far as Thursday.
    Questions linger after Utah CEO found dead in Bay Area

8. gemvt

gemvt Member

Yes, I suspect that she died of suicide, MOO.

NoSI, crhedBngr, wyome and 3 others like this.
  9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

The link below leads to a fantastic display of the digital art from TeamLab Borderless on display at the Museum of Art, Tokyo Japan.

EV took her "Matrix" selfie photo at the exhibit when she was visiting Museum with her husband in Tokyo - August 2019.

TeamLab Borderless: A visitor's guide to Tokyo's new jaw-dropping interactive light museum

momsof3, TRB, MimosaMornings and 10 others like this.
  10. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

Oh ok, thanks for the explanation. I knew about the neighbor’s dash cam, but hadn’t read about her rental’s dash cam.
    So basically they both confirm her rental had been parked there at least since Thursday, correct?
    I didn’t realize rental cars had dash cams!

wyome, TimesEight, Blonde_AF and 2 others like this.
  11. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I think that might be based on the assumption that a suicidal person is always rational and purposeful. It's also possible the person is highly emotionally distressed, possibly reaching out for help but can't bring themselves to explain how they feel.

I'm not insisting on this because I want to predict what happened, but more because I think we place too much value on signs of external success, and don't consider the possibility that it can be associated with intense internal pain.

NoSI, panda114, TRB and 9 others like this.
  12. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

This was so lovely!!

13. Backstroke10

I understand what your saying and there have been cases in the past where I was shocked to learn it was a suicide. I’m not ruling it out completely. I just think she would have parked in a more remote area if she was going to commit suicide. If it was a suicide then how did she do it? Ingesting pills like depressants? I don’t know? It seems she was not in a slowed down, falling asleep, depression like state but rather the opposite. I just don’t know....I feel so sad for her and what she must have been going through. MOO

14. MJPeony

MJPeony Well-Known Member

There are several possibilities I could believe for why she died. Medical event of some sort, or substance reaction of some sort are the 2 most likely IMO. I do not believe it was suicide. However, I think it’s possible it was “accidental suicide” (so to speak).

To explain: I believe she was acting grandiose/hypomanic for at least some time leading up to that Monday. I think her personality was generally big, eccentric, and she succeeded in her job partly because of her creative somewhat out-there ideas. This has basically been stated and you have to dig a bit to find examples of the way she operated and things she would do and say.

However, I believe she was particularly “amped up” in the days prior to Monday. I think she was likely bipolar and it just had either never been considered, or was never given much thought, by her colleagues, friends, or even husband. I think her behaviors were written off as a “creative successful person” and she was praised for it. Don’t get me wrong- bipolar people can be geniuses (I have one close to me). And certainly deserve praise! But sometimes because they are often successful, their very real mental/medical condition is overlooked. That’s what I think happened with EV.

And so I think she likely ingested (maybe even tried for the first time) something to help accentuate her “creative powers” that she felt were on fire the week or days prior. And when mixed with a clinical hypomanic episode it shot her up to the skies so to speak. When people are hypomanic their baseline of energy is higher than the average person. When mixed with certain drugs it can shoot up even higher.

For all practical purposes, hypomania in and of itself does not cause death. So I believe there was some other substance involved that cause the extreme mania/nonsensical behavior. And then I believe she could have taken a sleep aid and she died (cardiac arrest) of a combination of the drugs after she feel asleep.

So that’s my current working theory. Lots of missing pieces and things I still don’t understand. I do not think she willingly killed her self though.

MOO MOO.

15. kittythehare

I agree with @Backstroke10. I would add that suicidal plus running out of gas, plus expressing that one has run out of gas plus evidence in most recent report that person had really run out of gas and suicidal ideology do not make for massively compatible bedmates. Plus evidence of having attempted to find an airport via pings, failing dismally to attain stated goal and getting lost while incoherent is a bit of a stretch.
    I know many who suicided nad I grieved for them.
    And many of the many who died did it suddenly and without a plan or foreknowledge.
    almost like an impulse or a sudden severe disturbance of their spirits...
    Many of these many led highly 'successful' lives.
    But, many who continue to lead successful lives are not suicidal and may never be suicidal.
    Erin led an apparently successful life but that's not a sound rationale for applying a suicide guess just because she died suddenly while young.

16. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

This article also states that the effects dissipate after being out of the car for awhile, which was the case when she couldn't find her car.

Her confusion would have been apparent before the meeting rather than after it.

17. kittythehare

Or during... Or indeed, much later..?
    It's easy to lose cars when in new environments, I frequently forgot where I parked in familiar environments! The stress of actually finding a parking space seemed to override the noting of the detail, the relief was so great!.
    I'm not sure the losing of the car was indicative of the delirious state that followed later or connected to it in any way.
    She seemed to enjoy a pretty close relationship with her mother, I felt they talked frequently, as friends.

I 'm unclear whether her mother picked up a warning signal at this event or did it come later when she truly was incoherent? Did anybody notice specifically?

PixieStix, Suglo, Colorado303 and 2 others like this.
  18. Backstroke10

BBM Yes! I agree with this. My sister and I always seem to end up on the phone when we're leaving stores, joking about how we both always forget where we parked. I can see her calling her Mom to chat while she's walking around looking for her car. I'm not sure it's connected to her later delirious state of mind. MOO I'm also curious if her mother picked up on anything else during the "searching for her car" phone call.

PixieStix, Suglo, Colorado303 and 3 others like this.
  19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

^^sbm

Erin's mom reported that she talked to her for hours on Monday-- and she was not sounding herself beginning with "I lost the car." EV couldn't find the car at the time she should have been headed towards Hertz and the airport.

I think her husband got the next call that EV couldn't find the airport....

So yes, I believe mom picked up warning signal then when the car lost.

MOO

20. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

And also to note that there is a lot more information conveyed when you speak to someone than just the words they say. Her mother and husband heard how fast she spoke, her tone, the quality of her speech, timing, order, vocabulary; all sorts of things that we register that tell us if the person is acting "normally". It wasn't just that she said "darn it, I lost my car" that made them concerned enough to call the police. Something happened around the time she was visiting her friends house and my guess it was pharmacological in nature.

tabitha111, PixieStix, TRB and 8 others like this.