Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019 #2

Hmmmmm. This is interesting because she seemed to be focused on The Matrix and thought experiments.

Right? I thought it was worth mentioning. I can't imagine accidentally taking a handful of cold medicine before getting on a plane, but the symptoms of a "matrix drug" trip sound an awful lot like what she was going through.

Thank you. :)

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "the status of the search, etc.?" If you can link to the FB post and describe the discrepancies I will be glad to take a look and revise as appropriate. MOO
October 12 post claims police still treating case as a voluntary missing person...In Memory of Erin Valenti
Police were on it pretty sharply acc to today's Mercury News report..
there were several anomalies... either miscommunications, somebody panicking, misinterpretations etc...
Generally a missing person page is pretty accurate in relation to search events and police updates to family, if not public.
That struck me forcefully early this morning when I first read it..
The most blatant was, of course, the account of the police communication with her at 10pm...
Anybody else notice anything 'off'?

Right? I thought it was worth mentioning. I can't imagine accidentally taking a handful of cold medicine before getting on a plane, but the symptoms of a "matrix drug" trip sound an awful lot like what she was going through.
Definitely worth mentioning just b/c she mentions The Matrix quite a bit on her SM. I had no idea about Matrix drug trips!

October 12 post claims police still treating case as a voluntary missing person...In Memory of Erin Valenti
Police were on it pretty sharply acc to today's Mercury News report..
there were several anomalies... either miscommunications, somebody panicking, misinterpretations etc...
Generally a missing person page is pretty accurate in relation to search events and police updates to family, if not public.
That struck me forcefully early this morning when I first read it..
The most blatant was, of course, the account of the police communication with her at 10pm...
Anybody else notice anything 'off'?
Thank you for the link and the clarification. I've added the following for Oct 12:

Mon Oct 12

Isn't it possible that the police spoke with her, she told them she was with friend(s), but that she was also not coherent with regard to the rest of their phone conversation?? I don't think one statement (she said she was with friends) excludes the other (she was incoherent), IMO. It's possible the family and the journalist got the exact same reply from LE, but each chose different aspects of the "report" to highlight in their retelling. JMO

Isn't it possible that the police spoke with her, she told them she was with friend(s), but that she was also not coherent with regard to the rest of their phone conversation?? I don't think one statement (she said she was with friends) excludes the other (she was incoherent), IMO. It's possible the family and the journalist got the exact same reply from LE, but each chose different aspects of the "report" to highlight in their retelling. JMO
Absolutely. She could have told them she was with friends and have sounded “nonsensical” at the same time.

Absolutely. She could have told them she was with friends and have sounded “nonsensical” at the same time.

She could have been with friends and been nonsensical. A party where everyone is wasted is an example.

Thanks for your replies. My point, admittedly not well made :)oops:), was that I am understanding posters to suggest the reports are contradictory, i.e., the Mercury News reported she told the officer she was with friends, but the family reported they were told she was nonsensical when speaking with LE. So this is not necessarily two different reports from the same conversation (meaning LE did not necessarily change their story). I think both statements could be merely different (yet accurate, though not complete) reports of the officer's phone conversation with her.

'The police do not suspect foul play'
Why not?
Whereas they would in all likelihood have results of prelim autopsy at time of statement, it's unlikely they would have sufficient info to make a declaration like that, unless it was pretty obvious.
The Mercury report stated they had interviewed all her known acquaintances and the people she had met...
Yet they kept her family in interview rooms throughout the night, the night she was found.
Her husband expressed his dissatisfaction with this...
What could they possibly learn from her family that they didn't already know, they had been in close communication from 8th since her husband flew out there.
Their 'Missing Person' protocols swung into action on 9th, at latest, this from memory with lack of sleep so please double check..
I do not want to speculate on suicide because it may not be the case and it is quite possible her friends may be reading this and I don't want to contribute to their pain and suffering in any shape size or form.
(I also have a tendency to flog things to death, long after they are over. Is this over? Is this now personal family business? A girl died. There had been a public search. It's over. Where exactly does one draw the line while respecting her family and friends? I'm never sure)

Thanks for your replies. My point, admittedly not well made :)oops:), was that I am understanding posters to suggest the reports are contradictory, i.e., the Mercury News reported she told the officer she was with friends, but the family reported they were told she was nonsensical when speaking with LE. So this is not necessarily two different reports from the same conversation (meaning LE did not necessarily change their story). I think both statements could be merely different (yet accurate, though not complete) reports of the officer's phone conversation with her.
Yes I agree with you! :)

Absolutely. Maybe she was hallucinating being with friends, or thought she was with them, when she was actually parked on a residential street by herself.

My comment was that "she indicated she was with friends" sounded just slippery enough that it could have meant "I heard people in the background and assumed she was with friends", rather than "She flat-out told me she was with friends so I didn't worry."

Police did go searching for her, though, even if they thought she was with friends, so I don't know why the officer would even say that if it didn't affect LE's actions.

It is two different reports though. Quite different.
We assumed she was alone. We searched for a girl alone. The entire search was based upon that premise. A girl, alone and in danger.
Was she alone or not from the 3.30pm window?

We assumed she was alone. We searched for a girl alone. The entire search was based upon that premise. A girl, alone and in danger.

And if she was with a group of people, who was she with?

Perhaps it was related to that "leadership growth" seminar she went to?

I don’t take it as two different reports. The specific info that she said she was with friends wasn’t released at first, but there are probably a lot of things she said that haven’t been released to the media yet. It doesn’t mean they have changed what she said—just giving more details.

I don’t take it as two different reports. The specific info that she said she was with friends wasn’t released at first, but there are probably a lot of things she said that haven’t been released to the media yet. It doesn’t mean they have changed what she said—just giving more details.
A missing person investigation.
Searchers were only searching for her car because they were advised she was alone.
She was, in the end. Alone.
However if she was with friends it expands the search somewhat.. no longer looking for a solitary woman in a car/hospital/whatever..
now known contacts must be checked and interviewed too..The location of her car would not necessarily lead to her location if she was 'with friends'
The police stated they had interviewed her contacts.
I'm wondering whether their search emphasis as on the broader search- 'with friends'.
Do you understand what I mean?

Thank you for the link and the clarification. I've added the following for Oct 12:

Mon Oct 12

Pommy your timelines SO helpful- thank you!!
Basement minions working overtime I see :D

I believe her body was found Sat Oct 12th (main timeline), and it was that same morning- (Sat Oct 12th)- that family posted on the Find Erin facebook page how vulnerable they thought the she was.

'The police do not suspect foul play'
Why not?
Whereas they would in all likelihood have results of prelim autopsy at time of statement, it's unlikely they would have sufficient info to make a declaration like that, unless it was pretty obvious.
The Mercury report stated they had interviewed all her known acquaintances and the people she had met...
Yet they kept her family in interview rooms throughout the night, the night she was found.
Her husband expressed his dissatisfaction with this...
What could they possibly learn from her family that they didn't already know, they had been in close communication from 8th since her husband flew out there.
Their 'Missing Person' protocols swung into action on 9th, at latest, this from memory with lack of sleep so please double check..
I do not want to speculate on suicide because it may not be the case and it is quite possible her friends may be reading this and I don't want to contribute to their pain and suffering in any shape size or form.
(I also have a tendency to flog things to death, long after they are over. Is this over? Is this now personal family business? A girl died. There had been a public search. It's over. Where exactly does one draw the line while respecting her family and friends? I'm never sure)
The coroner most likely has a preliminary cause of death already unless it was simply respiratory suppression due to acute intoxication with something.

Stroke, tumor, heart-attack from drug intoxication or natural causes, asphyxiation (accidental or homicidal) all are readily evident.

She locked herself in that car (from available reports) so the potential causes are limited.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back