Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019 #2

I'm assuming "no sign of foul play" means no obvious injuries to her body.

The guesses upthread about the Matrix drugs seem pretty right on, to me. I hope they get hold of that "friend" she met on Sand Hill Road, before she lost track of her car. Sand Hill runs from El Camino Real past the border of Stanford (near the medical center) up through a high tech industrial park area (where SLAC/linear accelerator is) but then turns into a rural road with expensive homes, and heads toward Portola Valley/Woodside (where there are still living hold-outs from the Grateful Dead era, complete with boutique drug sales, IME).

I would be very curious to know whether Erin had a prescription for any type of sleep aid. Lots of people who travel internationally, as she did, have such an Rx, but combined with other drugs, it can be dangerous. Surely Erin was not exactly thrilled about sleeping in her car (which speaks a lot to her level of confusion, she could have gone to a nearby hotel). It seems she may not have been able to figure out how to charge her phone? If the car was completely out of gas, that explains that. I first thought she sounded manic (due to husband's info) but a manic person would most likely get out of the car and walk the short distance to a gas station or at least approach total strangers to ask for gas. Of course, manic people can crash rather suddenly, too.

Whole incident is truly bizarre and I'm guessing we won't know much more until the toxicology report is released. If it's negative and they don't find evidence of some major disease process (which to me seems far-fetched, as it would have had to have very sudden onset), this will be one of those really strange unexplained deaths. Heart attack is always possible when under stress, but she was so young. Still, if she underwent a lot of weight loss quickly, it's also a possibility.

Thanks again @PommyMommy for updated timeline on EV case.

Following the facts for this case, EV was scheduled to go home to Utah on Monday, departing from SJC on early evening flight. EV's first reported signs of something seemingly off with her begin on Monday around 3:30pm -- i.e., contact with mother when EV can't locate parked rental car.

Next, EV presents "textbook manic" to her husband in subsequent phone calls. Phone evidence indicates EV's phone was moving around San Jose area during the hours she should have been aboard flight to SLC. Husband confirms EV also did not return the rental car to Hertz.

Reportedly, EV's unusual behavior to her family beginning around 3:30pm - 10pm, and missed flight home, is concerning enough that husband requested SJPD Officer contact EV directly.

Officer called EV's phone number, and she answered the phone. I'm pretty sure Officer didn't chat about the weather, or Monday night football, but asked enough questions to ascertain that EV was not being held against her will, and not a victim of crime.

It appears EV did not provide Officer with her location, and did not request or accept offer for assistance, but instead told Officer that "she was with friends."

For reasons unknown, husband never publicly reported that EV told Officer she was with friends, only that she sounded nonsensical.

After EV was located deceased, SJPD released information about their investigation. Following phone call with EV -- Officer reportedly attempted to locate EV to both confirm she was "with friends" under her own power, and not in need of medical assistance, using the most recent phone pings provided by Verizon which were reported as Menlo Drive north of Almaden Expressway.

Officers searched the area, as well as local hospitals,”over the course of several hours.” Police said they also searched streets further north, where EV’s phone pinged a few more times before shutting off.

Without evidence to suggest EV being driven around town by other that parked the vehicle on the street and left EV alone in the vehicle, seems evident that EV was cognizant enough to drive around for hours, and finally park the vehicle on the street -- presumably on Monday night.

Police have also reported there's no evidence of foul play in EV's death.

Unknowns:

Reportedly, the person EV met with on Sand Hill (before she contacted mother at 3:30pm looking for parked vehicle) has been cooperating with family and investigators. Nothing publicly available from the party that last met/saw EV in person. Unknown if they shared a meal, drinks, or where meeting occurred.

I think it will be details from that final, live meeting with EV that will provide the clues what happened to her in her last hours leading to her death.

Also believe preliminary autopsy reports are complete, but toxicology results required to confirm COD.

If this was a death from a medical event, I believe family would have announced preliminary results already.

I think we will later learn EV's death was drug related, accidental or otherwise.

MOO

Last edited:
Body Found in San Jose Was Missing Utah Woman: Coroner
gas cap open.
detectives wrote off search early...
Wow. Interesting. I don’t know what to make of this.

And you can see in the video- towards the end- her car. The back left window looks like it’s popped open. Would LE have opened it before they broke it? (glass shards were reported on the ground and it was said the car doors were locked).

And you can see the gas cap door is open like the friend said.

Wonder if her gas tank was full or empty. Why would she have just left her gas cap open? And a car parked on the street for days with an open gas cap would definitely draw my attention in ways it otherwise wouldn’t.

MOO.

(edit-spelling)

Last edited:

And you can see in the video- towards the end- her car. The back left window looks like it’s popped open. Would LE have opened it before they broke it? (glass shards were reported on the ground and it was said the car doors were locked).

Wonder if her gas tank was full or empty. Why would she have just left her gas cap open? And a car parked on the street for days with an open gas cap would definitely draw my attention in ways it otherwise wouldn’t.

MOO.

(edit-spelling)

We know from reports by family that EV indicated she was low on fuel.

I think it's possible she either attempted fuel purchase, changed her mind, and left without closing cap; or she purchased fuel and left cap open.

Key words here are we know she reported she was low on fuel.

Just been thinking....

Rental car. Could it have developed a faulty exhaust, and her symptoms begun as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning?

Great idea to consider, although I don't think the facts of case support this theory.

EV reportedly left hotel to Sandhill Rd around 2pm -- a location less than 5 miles away.

Presumably-- she exited vehicle here, and met with another party until around 3:30pm when she contacted her mom -- stating she could not find the rental car.

Although signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include confusion, as reported by family, it's headache, vomiting, fatigue that typically precede confusion.

No evidence EV reported feeling physically ill to her family and friends during many phone calls she made beginning at 3:30p - midnight when her phone went off, and EV went silent.

MOO

Last edited:
Just to be clear, EV reportedly attended two day "Create Powerful Course" in Laguna, CA beginning Sept 29.

At the conclusion of course, EV traveled to San Jose, CA where she picked up rental vehicle, and drove to Monterey for a different Workshop meeting.

EV reportedly returned to Palo Alto on Friday for planned weekend in Bay area to see her colleagues and former college mates.

According to immediate family members, EV for the first time presented not acting herself, sounding manic, and nonsensical around 3:30 pm-- when she reportedly could not locate her parked rental car, and contacted her mom.

By all accounts, EV was functioning as her normal self prior to attending the Course, as well as after the course.

Family reported EV not functioning as expected around 3:30pm Monday -- just hours before her scheduled flight home.

EV presumably died Monday night -- October 7, nearly a week after "Create Powerful Course."

MOO

Last edited:
I wonder if LE thought to check the dash cams on any school buses that use that street. They were very effective in another case here on WS, they picked up a parked SUV in the Jennifer Dulos case.

This was discussed a bit on an earlier page of this thread. Her husband being in the profession he was in, may not have wanted his private life out there since her SM is quite public (or was.) I have colleagues in the same professions and medical doctor friends who also feel this way. A lot don't have Instagram and FB for this very reason. In contrast, her job was all about networking, and I think her personality lent itself to that career and sharing that on SM.
Oh yeah, totally. That would make total sense to me if the husband didn't have social media accounts and didn't post pictures of her and of them together. And he does have it, and he did post pictures and videos of her and of them together. I just find it interesting, since she posted pictures of literally everything and everyone, just not the husband.

Oh yeah, totally. That would make total sense to me if the husband didn't have social media accounts and didn't post pictures of her and of them together. And he does have it, and he did post pictures and videos of her and of them together. I just find it interesting, since she posted pictures of literally everything and everyone, just not the husband.

we might not be able to see everything on her Facebook profile though. I wonder if she had another Instagram because her first post was in 2012, when she made a few posts within a few days. Then nothing until 2015, when she made one post. After that, nothing until 2017, when she made 3 posts, all within a couple of weeks of each other. Then she started posting regularly in February of this year. That 99 problems meme she posted twice this year is... interesting.

sorry if this was all discussed at length already, I haven’t had time to read all of the first thread.

we might not be able to see everything on her Facebook profile though. I wonder if she had another Instagram because her first post was in 2012, when she made a few posts within a few days. Then nothing until 2015, when she made one post. After that, nothing until 2017, when she made 3 posts, all within a couple of weeks of each other. Then she started posting regularly in February of this year. That 99 problems meme she posted twice this year is... interesting.

sorry if this was all discussed at length already, I haven’t had time to read all of the first thread.
I didn't ever bother too much with Facebook because it doesn't have too much stuff public. I was talking about Instagram, hers and his. I don't think she had another account, I think she was just not very into Instagram for a while and then started posting, maybe because of her job. But, for a tech gal she doesn't seem very invested on her social media presence.

MOO.

(edit-spelling)
Her friend in the video stated that the gas cap/door was open and she had run out of gas.

To me, it sounds like she suffered a stroke or a brain aneurysm or some other neurological medical emergency. Also, less likely but possible, she could have been drugged or poisoned by someone without her knowledge. Along those lines, she may have started a new medication and had an adverse reaction to it or it had an adverse reaction to another medication she was taking.

I hope, for her family's sake, that the autopsy results come back quickly. It's frightening that she could be perfectly fine one minute and gone within hours.

I've been wondering the same thing.
Previous poster noted that her confusion started after meeting with the friend on Sand Hill Rd and *before she got in her car*. The first sign of confusion that we know of was that she couldn't find her car, and called her mom. CO poisoning also causes nausea, vomiting, etc., none of which she apparently had.

The losing of the car bothers me because even if her car was in a huge parking lot, she could have set off the panic alarm or hit the "lock" button multiple times while walking around, and she would have found the car pretty quickly.

Seems like she had no idea where she parked it, which makes me wonder if she was confused before she even arrived at the Sand Hill Rd. location.

Previous poster noted that her confusion started after meeting with the friend on Sand Hill Rd and *before she got in her car*. The first sign of confusion that we know of was that she couldn't find her car, and called her mom. CO poisoning also causes nausea, vomiting, etc., none of which she apparently had.

The losing of the car bothers me because even if her car was in a huge parking lot, she could have set off the panic alarm or hit the "lock" button multiple times while walking around, and she would have found the car pretty quickly.

Seems like she had no idea where she parked it, which makes me wonder if she was confused before she even arrived at the Sand Hill Rd. location.
And this CEO called her mom in Rochester when she lost her car! My mom is the last person I would call if I lost my car 3000 miles away. She seemed to loose the ability to act intelligently on her own over a span of a few hours starting with the car. She couldn't find the airport even though she drove right past it. She couldn't buy gas, she couldn't use the GPS on her phone. She couldn't walk up to a house and ask for help or engage the police for help when they called her. I am sure her family gave her suggestions on the phone which she must have ignored or been incapable of following; and yet she was capable of driving a car.

And it ultimately killed her.

My bet in order is:

1) Drugs or drug interaction
2) diabetes
3) vascular event in her brain

If this was a death from a medical event, I believe family would have announced preliminary results already.
Exactly what I’m thinking. If this had been a brain aneurysm or undiagnosed diabetic crisis etc. I think they would want to put that out there immediately. IMO It’s telling that they haven’t. A substance must be involved. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back