Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019 #2

I agree about calling her mom... I think that was an instinctual, emotional reaction and not a logical one. I'm in trouble - I'll call my mom. It must have been awful for her mom to be on the phone with EV for hours and yet not be able to help her.

I wonder why we haven’t heard much about the people she met with prior to the events of that afternoon/evening. If the husband knew who she met with why didn’t those people, who were presumably locals, try to find her that evening? If she was answering the phone for others wouldn’t she have answered their calls? I’m just mystified why they weren’t the ones to try to find her that evening.

I wonder why we haven’t heard much about the people she met with prior to the events of that afternoon/evening. If the husband knew who she met with why didn’t those people, who were presumably locals, try to find her that evening? If she was answering the phone for others wouldn’t she have answered their calls? I’m just mystified why they weren’t the ones to try to find her that evening.
That’s a good point. Maybe her husband didn’t know them?

BBM
Just to be clear, EV reportedly attended two day "Create Powerful Course" in Laguna, CA beginning Sept 29.
At the conclusion of course, EV traveled to San Jose, CA where she picked up rental vehicle, and drove to Monterey for a different Workshop meeting.
EV presumably died Monday night -- October 7, nearly a week after "Create Powerful Course." MOO

In a previous post from the last thread, Seattle1 wrote (in reference to the "Create Powerful" course): "It was held at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna. Check in was Sunday 9/29, and course began Monday 9/30 - and continued Tues & Wed. Check out was Thursday 10/3."

If the earlier post was accurate, this "Create Powerful" course wrapped up on either Wednesday 10/2 or Thursday 10/3 (sometimes conferences hold concluding events, like a group breakfast or final session, on the day of check-out, though I'm not sure if this one did or not). If it was completely over by the end of the day on Wednesday 10/2, EV's death occurred only five days later, which IMO is not all that long a time between attending and passing away.

What do we know about the Alpha conference she attended in Monterey? What is an Alpha conference?

ETA Found it. Just starting to look at it.

8th Annual Alpha Founders' Summit

2nd ETA Initial thoughts is that it looks to be on board. A networking conference for tech CEOs—doesn’t look shady or anything. I wonder how her demeanor was at that conference?

Last edited:
This poor woman had been driving around for hours. Surely she needed to make a restroom stop. What made her decide to park in a neighborhood when she needed gas and no bathrooms there?? And why not exit the car and ask for help? I ran out of gas by a lake once. Gas gage was way off.
I had someone help by giving me gasoline from a can which was supposed to be for their lawn mower. It got me to the nearest gas station. I can imagine her Mom telling her to stop and ask for help. Why not tell the police you are in trouble? Boy I am really hoping she didn't willing ingest a drug and then didn't ask for help as she thot she would get in trouble.

This poor woman had been driving around for hours. Surely she needed to make a restroom stop. What made her decide to park in a neighborhood when she needed gas and no bathrooms there?? And why not exit the car and ask for help? I ran out of gas by a lake once. Gas gage was way off.
I had someone help by giving me gasoline from a can which was supposed to be for their lawn mower. It got me to the nearest gas station. I can imagine her Mom telling her to stop and ask for help. Why not tell the police you are in trouble? Boy I am really hoping she didn't willing ingest a drug and then didn't ask for help as she thot she would get in trouble.
This was an intelligent person with significant financial resources and yet she was not able to make use of any of those things to help herself. Her logical reasoning seems to have been totally suspended.

I agree with @occum's zebra that calling her mother was instinctual when she started to feel like she was in trouble.

Wow. Interesting. I don’t know what to make of this.
And you can see in the video- towards the end- her car. The back left window looks like it’s popped open. Would LE have opened it before they broke it? (glass shards were reported on the ground and it was said the car doors were locked).
And you can see the gas cap door is open like the friend said.
Wonder if her gas tank was full or empty. Why would she have just left her gas cap open? And a car parked on the street for days with an open gas cap would definitely draw my attention in ways it otherwise wouldn’t.
MOO.
(edit-spelling)
BBM I agree. It looked like it was popped open. However, the back windows on a Murano go up and down so I'm thinking the police tried to pry the window open before breaking the front window. MOO Also, I totally agree, a car with the gas cap open would dry my attention as well.

"Officers searched the area, as well as local hospitals, over the course of several hours.” I wonder what this means exactly. Did they drive through hospital parking lots and/or call local hospitals? I hate to sound skeptical but if they thought she was with friends, I'm wondering if they really did this. If they did search was it really for "several" hours. MOO

Oh yeah, totally. That would make total sense to me if the husband didn't have social media accounts and didn't post pictures of her and of them together. And he does have it, and he did post pictures and videos of her and of them together. I just find it interesting, since she posted pictures of literally everything and everyone, just not the husband.
I have a friend who is a a psychologist who absolutely does not post pics of her husband on her social media . If he has known stalkers / killers / potential killers/ people with certain disorders on his case load that could def be a reason to not post together. One can link backgrounds and figure out a lot about your loved ones in a extremely short amount of time. my friend got her hubby a pretty scary stalker that way , she had to find another job and move. i dont know all the details cause she cant say a lot but they are both way more careful about posting together.

And this CEO called her mom in Rochester when she lost her car! My mom is the last person I would call if I lost my car 3000 miles away. She seemed to loose the ability to act intelligently on her own over a span of a few hours starting with the car. She couldn't find the airport even though she drove right past it. She couldn't buy gas, she couldn't use the GPS on her phone. She couldn't walk up to a house and ask for help or engage the police for help when they called her. I am sure her family gave her suggestions on the phone which she must have ignored or been incapable of following; and yet she was capable of driving a car.

And it ultimately killed her.

My bet in order is:

1) Drugs or drug interaction
2) diabetes
3) vascular event in her brain

Doesn't the possibility of suicide make the list at all? I thought we all had a suicide consciousness raising when Anthony Bourdain died. Especially someone who's self-proclaimed motto is that she'll only accept second best when hell freezes over. I presume that means she'd have rather died than accept that she herself was second best.

Maybe on this trip she'd hit a wall, and despite all the conferences trying to convince herself she could be the best, she was staring failure straight in the face. Perhaps the significance of calling her mother was that she felt she couldn't go home and face whatever was waiting for her in SLC.

In a local case where I live, a wife shared publicly that her husband, with whom she had young children and a long, joyful, outdoorsy relationship, had run away and killed himself because he was in debt and facing the loss of the dream home he'd grandiously planned for them. To most people, this would be a pothole on the road of life, but for some people, for various reasons they don't share with us, they can't face it.

Doesn't the possibility of suicide make the list at all? I thought we all had a suicide consciousness raising when Anthony Bourdain died. Especially someone who's self-proclaimed motto is that she'll only accept second best when hell freezes over. I presume that means she'd have rather died than accept that she herself was second best.

Maybe on this trip she'd hit a wall, and despite all the conferences trying to convince herself she could be the best, she was staring failure straight in the face. Perhaps the significance of calling her mother was that she felt she couldn't go home and face whatever was waiting for her in SLC.

In a local case where I live, a wife shared publicly that her husband, with whom she had young children and a long, joyful, outdoorsy relationship, had run away and killed himself because he was in debt and facing the loss of the dream home he'd grandiously planned for them. To most people, this would be a pothole on the road of life, but for some people, for various reasons they don't share with us, they can't face it.
Sure could be. I don't know her or her situation so I can only guess.

I personally discounted it here due to the description of the lengthy nonsensical conversations she was having. She clearly seemed cognitively impaired to her family and even the police.

If she had simply disappeared quietly only to be found a few days later then I would have put it higher on the list but of course suicide is possible.

Previous poster noted that her confusion started after meeting with the friend on Sand Hill Rd and *before she got in her car*. The first sign of confusion that we know of was that she couldn't find her car, and called her mom. CO poisoning also causes nausea, vomiting, etc., none of which she apparently had.

The losing of the car bothers me because even if her car was in a huge parking lot, she could have set off the panic alarm or hit the "lock" button multiple times while walking around, and she would have found the car pretty quickly.

Seems like she had no idea where she parked it, which makes me wonder if she was confused before she even arrived at the Sand Hill Rd. location.

We don't know how she was feeling prior to the meeting on Sand Hill Road.

Just speculation, as is everything else right now. The answer - if made public - may well transpire to be something far less obscure.

The toxin can also affect your behaviour and mental health, claims the health expert.

"Carbon monoxide poisoning could cause a person to behave in a way they don't usually behave," says Ranjen.
Brain injury charity Headway states that low-level poisoning from the toxin can often go undetected.

It said: "The symptoms include milder versions of those seen in acute CO poisoning, with headache, nausea, dizziness, light-headedness, fatigue and sleepiness, difficulty concentrating and memory problems, as well as changes in mood.

"People may be aware that something is wrong, but be unable to identify exactly what is the matter, or may attribute the problems to overwork, stress or depression.

Driver WARNING - Hidden danger in your car that could be affecting the way you drive

Good point. It would be interesting to hear what they have said about her manner during the meeting.

I don’t think it was suicide because she was trying to get to the airport to catch her flight, her numerous “manic” type conversations with her mother and husband, and that she parked on a fairly busy residential street, right in front of someone’s house. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back