Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MJPeony, Oct 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I am confused by your post. You do realize many companies pay for their employees only to go on these trips- sometimes bringing a spouse is allowed, but if they, too, have jobs, they can't just take time off for every business trip.

What is so hard to buy? I don't get it?

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, I noticed some comments from others were recent. Some people have nothing better to do, I guess.
    Anyway, I don't think any of her comments were in reference to drugs.
    It sounds more to me like she was manic or possibly psychotic, and that reference to her mom was related to whatever was going on in her mind at the time.
    It's very scary for it to have come on so suddenly.

As I said before, the way her mom described the way she was talking sounds very much like "pressured speech", which is characterized by rapid talking without pauses, jumping from one topic to another, disconnected thoughts, confusion, etc.

It remains a mystery as to what brought it on.

Imo

3. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

She had that "millenial style" open book kind of SM, but in an understated, artistic way. Again, that's apparently part of what her company was selling (a "look" for apps, along with the bits that make it marketable).

4. MsBetsy

Why would she need a mentor?
    Wasn't she the CEO of her own company?
    What's not right about going on a business trip without your spouse? I would think that is more common than not.

He probably had patients to care for.

She wasn't alone, she was with friends and colleagues.
    She seemed to be pretty independent and was used to travelling. I just don't see why that would be unusual.

Imo

5. otto

otto Verified Expert

I'm just curious about her reference to "matrix" in her incoherent ramblings and trying to figure out how or why she associated incoherence with matrix. Although her husband uses a clinical term to describe her communication that afternoon and evening, he also says that she has no history of mental health issues. That is, in my opinion, his use of a clinical term does not mean he is giving a clinical diagnosis.

What caused her to become incoherent is the big question. I wonder if she had a couple of glasses of wine with her colleague. Since the onset of confusion could be at 3:30PM the day she disappeared, maybe a glass of wine interacted with something else she consumed.

6. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

I wonder if she had an undiagnosed brain tumor or maybe even something random like meningitis. MOO

7. MsBetsy

Yes, I'm sure he wasn't giving a clinical diagnosis, but he and another person in the family who was a psychologist, believed she was experiencing some sort of mania and could be in danger.

It can be brought on by drugs, but it also can be triggered by many other things, including stress, anxiety, and lack of sleep.

It can also occur in someone with an undiagnosed medical condition or mental health disorder.

Imo

8. Jo in Calif

Jo in Calif Well-Known Member

MsBetsy, just letting you know you read it wrong about the mentor. They were saying to bring someone along to mentor.
    Not that she needed a mentor.

9. MsBetsy

Oh! No wonder I was confused.
    Why would she want to mentor her husband?
    I guess I'm still confused.

10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Lovely...

Tributes are now flooding in. “Erin has personally gone to bat for me on so many occasions, got me job offers, invited me to social and professional events, brainstormed business strategy, was a continual sounding board both professionally and personally. I honesty don’t know a more kind and genuine human being,” wrote a man who knew her on Facebook. “She was willing to collaborate with anyone she could help. I often was intimidated by her genius, she was a force here. I remember thinking how lucky Utah was to have such a strong female leader, I would worry she’d decide to move away.”

Erin Valenti: A Tribute to the Utah Entrepreneur | Heavy.com

11. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

It's here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B05uODmFZe2/

happyday, otto, afitzy and 1 other person like this.
  12. MsBetsy

Well, it's rare but it's certainly possible.

I worked with adults in the mental health field when I first started out and many of the patients didn't begin to have symptoms until they were in their thirties and forties or even older.
    There was one patient who was married for twenty years with no previous history who was diagnosed at age 45.
    She believed she was having an affair with Phil Donahue and could be heard having conversations with him every day.

There was a man who was a supervisor at Kennedy Airport for forty years before he experienced symptoms of mania and psychosis.

I could go on and on. It's rare but it can happen.

Imo

13. MsBetsy

That's the one I saw. Wasn't she writing a script for a movie, too? She seemed to have an endless amount of energy and talent. Imo

14. PaulR

PaulR Verified Software and Computer Tech

15. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty scary! Of course, it could be that someone gave her some kind of pills or whatever that were tainted with something else. But if that is the case, the person would likely never admit to it anyways. We will have to wait and see how the toxicology report comes out.

16. Jo in Calif

Jo in Calif Well-Known Member

Yes you are.

17. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

I see the reference to Matrix in connection with her inability to figure things out due to her diminished capacity. She must have felt powerless and it seemed to her that she could not escape her situation, like it was predetermined and she couldn't control it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  18. otto

otto Verified Expert

Her husband, a psychologist, said that she is not mentally ill, but she "seemed manic." It seems that after she was lost for roughly 8 hours, her family contacted police. Very curious about what happened before she became disoriented.

Manic Episode: this is the first criteria:

"A. A distinct period of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive, or irritable mood and abnormally and persistently goal-directed behavior or energy, lasting at least 1 week and present most of the day, nearly every day (or any duration if hospitalization is necessary)."​

Table 11, DSM-IV to DSM-5 Manic Episode Criteria Comparison - DSM-5 Changes - NCBI Bookshelf

"Valenti's husband and parents say they all spoke to her by phone Monday and something wasn't right. They say she seemed manic, but has no history of mental illness.

"She seemed confused. We said, 'Did you drink anything? Did anybody give you anything?' and she said, 'No,'" her mother said, "But my daughter is so smart and she is such a strong independent lady and this has never happened before."​

Utah tech CEO goes missing on way to San Jose airport

19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Sept 7, 2019

EV at "Filmquest" - Provo, UT - posts "Impressed by Utah's filmmakers #filmquest film festival. Tons of young talent.

Aug 8, 2019

EV is at "Team Lab Borderless" (Modern Art Museum, Tokyo, Japan). Posts selfie (blue tint) with caption "Found a way into the matrix"

HW (husband) replies "Neo, you're the one." (shares video clip of rain from Matrix movie).

I really think EV/HW are huge Matrix Trilogy fans, this movie something they shared in common. EV is definitely passionate about creative film.

I'm satisfied any "Matrix" comments were related to this movie that was meaningful to her.

Found the movie clip titled The Matrix - Neo is the one on youtube. I'm not familiar with The Matrix movie but found this interesting.

The Matrix Neo Is The One!

Neo realises he is the one. Destroys Agent Smith and makes a phone call to the machines.

20. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Nope -- EV is team Neo all the way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.