Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Her husband, a psychologist, said that she "seemed manic" and that she does not have mental illness. He was not giving a diagnosis, merely using clinical terms to describe her random ramblings about Matrix and Turkeys.

She died after losing her mind in a period of 8 hours (no more contact) or more depending on decomposition date. That must be a bump on the head or an intoxication. It can't be sudden onset of mental illness that results in instant death.
I also recall EV's husband, a psychologist, quoted as saying EV was [presenting as] "textbook manic." I wouldn't know everything that's included here.

Suppose someone else was using her phone from the beginning, asking mom to help her locate her car in an intoxicated condition, and making no sense afterwards

Of course not, just trying to make sense of an entrepreneur woman who suddenly goes off the rails and dies in less than a day or so.

I agree. Some sort of undiagnosed sudden and fatal illness, bump on the head, or intoxication.

I think it’s improbable someone had her phone and her mom was fooled into thinking she was talking to Erin. Moms know. Jmo

I feel like I’m alone on this one, but after looking through her Instagram (her Facebook has been locked down by the time I came across this thread), I think she was struggling in terms of her mental health. I don’t think this was an overnight thing.

meningitis, slow bleed subarachnoid, subdural, mini stroke followed by massive stroke.. so many possibilities...all of which would have rendered her powerless, paralysed...
I got a stroke following surgery to clip a subarachnoid aneurysm which burst.
I was a RGN but I never kne what the sensation was like...
I was being wheeled past former colleagues en route to yet another C/t scan and I told them, slurrily but cheerfully, I thought, that strokes don't hurt!
It as the weirdest sensation... my left side wouldn't move, I could lift my limbs with my right limbs and they would flop.
It was preceded by a period of agitation, I remember...I was annoyed at what I perceived as inappropriate comments in the course of a phone call I had just received, because I could not make the other person understand why their comments were so inappropriate)
(mostly self induced as I used to adjust my own IV feed, being quite cracked in the head, as well, as a result of it all)
I wouldn't have noticed it had happened at all except that my visitors were all paramedics and they spotted it immediately..

Of course, bump on the head is a possibility, something that caused a slow bleed or stroke. No reports of slurring words. Not aware of any illness that causes sudden stupor, disorientation and death.

She has not been described as slurring her words, so she probably didn't have a stroke.

She was talking about Thanksgiving, which is a long time away, but in Canada it was last weekend. Why was she talking about Canadian Thanksgiving? What was she thinking when she mentions the Matrix? Maybe someone who was in Japan with her can enlighten?

Last edited:

SLC Police Weigh In On ‘Voluntary Missing Persons’ Case and Why Police Stopped Investigating

I also recommend watching the SLC Fox13 news clip in it's entirety (linked below).

SALT LAKE CITY — Friends of Erin Valenti, the missing Utah CEO found dead in California this weekend, said they’re frustrated San Jose Police treated her disappearance as a “voluntary missing persons” case.

[...]

A few months ago, Salt Lake City Police encountered issues similar to those that San Jose police have run into — the person they were looking for was an adult and had the right to not be found.

In the case of both MacKenzie Lueck and Valenti, the situation was much more serious.

SLC Police weigh in on ‘voluntary missing persons’ case and why police stopped investigating

I also recall EV's husband, a psychologist, quoted as saying EV was [presenting as] "textbook manic." I wouldn't know everything that's included here.
I did google search, apparently there is a book seller with the same title and that dominated search results.
Guessing, extreme agitation, fleeting thoughts and ideas...similar to bi-polar, possibly.. it's impossible to know

I think it’s improbable someone had her phone and her mom was fooled into thinking she was talking to Erin. Moms know. Jmo

I feel like I’m alone on this one, but after looking through her Instagram (her Facebook has been locked down by the time I came across this thread), I think she was struggling in terms of her mental health. I don’t think this was an overnight thing.

I went down that thought process also. The only thing that stopped me was it would be challenging to hide that from her psychologist husband. I think he would have known if something was off or that things weren't right with her. She did seem to travel quite a bit and was gone for long stretches, and I don't think her husband was traveling with her. It's possible they both were very busy individuals that it got past him. Then again, typically, one doesn't have a manic episode and crawl into the back seat and die. I just hope we at least get the prelim results that could answer a few questions.

Of course, bump on the head is a possibility, something that caused a slow bleed or stroke. No reports of slurring words. Not aware of any illness that causes sudden stupor, disorientation and death.

She has not been described as slurring her words, so she probably didn't have a stroke.
only occurs with left sided strokes.. the slurring. Right sided aneurysms.
Ay insult to the brain can cause sudden stupor disorientation and death. The brain is contained in a bony cage with no room for expansion.
A bleed anywhere in the brain, due to trauma or disease will likely cause disorientation and possible death.
This is not a definitive list, every case is different depending on location of bleed and cause Subarachnoid Hemorrhage

Last edited:
@afitzy said:
One of the locals posted on the Memorial page that SJ has a 72 hr parking rule AND there is a neighbourhood watch.

Perhaps parking rules were disbanded due to the electrical grid issues? IDK. I searched for any notice of street parking rules over the past week and couldn't find anything.

It will be curious to see how long EV was in the location where she was found and what the dash cam footage reveals that was turned over to the SJPD.

I think the disconcerting post was the hearsay that a resident reported the Nissan to police and they said they couldn't do anything until it had been there 72 hours. NVM that it was part of a missing persons case...?

Even when parking was not at a premium in metro areas, I believe municipal codes providing for any vehicle parked without moving after 72 hours is the norm. (Vehicles parked more than 72 hours are considered "abandoned," and subject to code violation infraction, penalty, and towing).

San Jose, CA is no different (according to their official website). However - it's looking more and more here like the perfect storm where the abandoned vehicle reporting and missing persons division were not linked to immediately share information. (In my area - it's only 48 hours, and neighbors can report violations on line -- and reporting is anonymous).

From San Jose, CA official page:

Report Concern
Important Note: Please be advised, the parking compliance unit is currently experiencing a high number of vehicle abatement service requests. The increased volume of requests is impacting our response time.

Use our Service Request form or download the My San Jose application.

• Please allow at least fifteen (15) business days for a Parking Compliance Officer to initiate an investigation into your concern.
  • Service Request status updates are sent out as Parking Compliance Officers respond to, take action on and bring to close Service Requests.
  • These updates are sent out as notifications and e-mails, but can also be viewed by accessing the Service Request detail page and referencing the comment section through My San Jose

Vehicle Movement
  • It is illegal to leave a vehicle parked for more than 72 consecutive hours on a public street without it being driven at least 1/10th of a mile.
  • When a vehicle is reported or observed to be abandoned or stored, a courtesy tow warning notice is typically placed on it, so that the vehicle owner has the opportunity to correct the violation.
  • While the goal is for the vehicle to be moved through voluntary compliance, vehicles remaining in violation may be subject to a citation and/or towed.

San Jose, CA - Official Website - Vehicle Abatement

Last edited:
only occurs with left sided strokes.. the slurring. Right sided aneurysms.
Ay insult to the brain can cause sudden stupor disorientation and death. The brain is contained in a bony cage with no room for expansion.
A bleed anywhere in the brain, due to trauma or disease will likely cause disorientation and possible death.
This is not a definitive list, every case is different depending on location of bleed and cause Subarachnoid Hemorrhage

Right side brain stroke would impair the left side of the body. Right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, left side of the brain controls the right side of the body. Eyes are both sides of the body.

She may have injured her head, may have been intoxicated, and may have had a pre-disposition for sudden stupor and death. What's most likely?

Encephalitis - Neurologic Disorders - MSD Manual Professional Edition
Primary viral infection
poliovirus [in some underdeveloped countries])

Some Arboviral Encephalitides). Incidence in the US varies from 150 to > 4000 cases yearly, mostly in children. Most cases occur during epidemics.

herpes simplex virus(HSV); hundreds to several thousand cases occur yearly. Most are due to HSV-1, but HSV-2 may be more common among immunocompromised patients. HSV encephalitis occurs at any time of the year, tends to affect patients < 20 or > 40 yr, and is often fatal if untreated.

Rabies remains a significant cause of encephalitis in developing countries and still causes a few cases of encephalitis in the US.

There are some of gray area “brain” supplements, enhancers etc that can be had on the market. Not exactly legal but not exactly illegal. I have a friend that tried some who ended up losing two days and a stay in the Ear after ingesting too much of that stuff. She didn’t know the day or time and actually had trouble walking. Just MOO

I went down that thought process also. The only thing that stopped me was it would be challenging to hide that from her psychologist husband. I think he would have known if something was off or that things weren't right with her. She did seem to travel quite a bit and was gone for long stretches, and I don't think her husband was traveling with her. It's possible they both were very busy individuals that it got past him. Then again, typically, one doesn't have a manic episode and crawl into the back seat and die. I just hope we at least get the prelim results that could answer a few questions.

Preliminary autopsy report would be done by now -- giving the family at least some hint on EV's demise, albeit unconfirmed.

I really feel for this family. Peace and comfort to them.

Right side brain stroke would impair the left side of the body. Right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, left side of the brain controls the right side of the body. Eyes are both sides of the body.

She may have injured her head, may have been intoxicated, and may have had a pre-disposition for sudden stupor and death. What's most likely?
speech is affected by right brain sided.. left body.
What's most likely?
Anybody's guess.
Did she complain of any illnesses or symptoms in the preceding days that might have suggested an infection?
We don't know.
But getting on a flight is not an opportune time to drop some drugs unless she feared flying, which I kinda doubt..
Was she covered with a blanket or anything in the car?
Was she feeling hot or cold?
Does anybody know anything at all?
Was she trying to stop the pain? Did she even experience any pain?
Was she feeling suddenly sleepy?
Who was the last person to see her alive and how did they describe her state?
This girl as a high achiever, a TypeA personality, most likely. Driven.
She would have looked for a way out of the situation she found herself in, All she found was her way into the back seat to curl up.
It's really sad, isn't it?

@otto - for clarification, is 72 the total accumulated miles depicted on the map for driving the loops shown in your map?

The distance Nest Hotel to Spring Hill Rd is minimal -- just a few minutes away, and Nest Hotel to SJC Airport only about 14-16 miles via Hwy 101.

But wasn’t she meeting with a friend off Page Mill or Sand Hill? She would have taken 280. From there she would have hit 880 to SJC. However I feel like she took a wrong turn onto 85 (prior to the 880 junction).

@otto - for clarification, is 72 the total accumulated miles depicted on the map for driving the loops shown in your map?

The distance Nest Hotel to Spring Hill Rd is minimal -- just a few minutes away, and Nest Hotel to SJC Airport only about 14-16 miles via Hwy 101.

Yes, there is ambiguity regarding route. Maybe she got near the airport and turned South on Hwy 87, maybe she turned off too soon on Hwy 85. It was reported that her mother was on the phone with her after she left the colleague's house. What does her mother say about wrong turns?

Either way, she ended up in Almaden Valley. She last spoke to someone at midnight, possibly a police officer, and was found several days later in her locked vehicle. Maybe that means she pinged near the fire station and farther away?

upload_2019-10-15_20-23-59.png

@afitzy said:
One of the locals posted on the Memorial page that SJ has a 72 hr parking rule AND there is a neighbourhood watch.

Perhaps parking rules were disbanded due to the electrical grid issues? IDK. I searched for any notice of street parking rules over the past week and couldn't find anything.

It will be curious to see how long EV was in the location where she was found and what the dash cam footage reveals that was turned over to the SJPD.

Even when parking was not at a premium in metro areas, I believe municipal codes providing for any vehicle parked without moving after 72 hours is the norm. (Vehicles parked more than 72 hours are considered "abandoned," and subject to code violation infraction, penalty, and towing).

San Jose, CA is no different (according to their official website). However - it's looking more and more here like the perfect storm where the abandoned vehicle reporting and missing persons division were not linked to immediately share information. (In my area - it's only 48 hours, and neighbors can report violations on line -- and reporting is anonymous).

From San Jose, CA official page:

Report Concern
Important Note: Please be advised, the parking compliance unit is currently experiencing a high number of vehicle abatement service requests. The increased volume of requests is impacting our response time.

Use our Service Request form or download the My San Jose application.

• Please allow at least fifteen (15) business days for a Parking Compliance Officer to initiate an investigation into your concern.
  • Service Request status updates are sent out as Parking Compliance Officers respond to, take action on and bring to close Service Requests.
  • These updates are sent out as notifications and e-mails, but can also be viewed by accessing the Service Request detail page and referencing the comment section through My San Jose

Vehicle Movement
  • It is illegal to leave a vehicle parked for more than 72 consecutive hours on a public street without it being driven at least 1/10th of a mile.
  • When a vehicle is reported or observed to be abandoned or stored, a courtesy tow warning notice is typically placed on it, so that the vehicle owner has the opportunity to correct the violation.
  • While the goal is for the vehicle to be moved through voluntary compliance, vehicles remaining in violation may be subject to a citation and/or towed.

San Jose, CA - Official Website - Vehicle Abatement

Parking is at a premium but not where she was found. Downtown, Japan town, along the light rail yes. She was found on the edge of town in an upscale residential area. If she was in a junker the residents would have called. The whole city has the same general rule but it’s not strictly enforced when no one complains.

I agree that physical illnesses show various symptoms, but surely the CEO of a company knows to call 911 when she experiences a sudden, severe physical illness? Especially when she's experiencing it over several hours?

I'm unaware of a single similar case where a person who was experiencing a severe medical crisis, refused to call 911 or get help from police, although they were well enough to drive and talk to their loved ones on the phone.

All of the illnesses cited have significantly unpleasant physical symptoms, like severe headache and other pain, nausea, high fever, sweating, fainting. Even if there are manic symptoms, the physical suffering is obvious to the sufferer and they look for medical help.

For example, although Natasha Richardson initially refused help for her head injury, she soon began experiencing a splitting headache, and did ask for help.

Hwy 85 route.

What happened? Why wasn't anyone able to stop her from trying to drive to the airport? In the 8 hours between her known disorientation and stupor at 3:30PM, when was the first call made to police, when was action taken, and when police spoke to her around midnight, did she explicitly say that she did not want assistance?

upload_2019-10-15_20-33-49.png

I've been holding my tongue, but after hearing about the conference I can't hold back any longer. I've been getting a strong cult vibe from this case. Erin had a tiny following on social media, smaller than average for a person her age IMO and VERY small for a business owner/CEO. Yet there are all these 'friends' willing to gush about her to the media, repeatedly calling her a genius and fawning over her in glowing terms: "wanted to take over the world" etc.

I think that Erin had long suffered from manic episodes but was able to cover them up by being an overachiever of sorts (although I agree that she wasn't a real CEO etc). A lot of these cultish organizations can be VERY confrontational at their conferences, some deprive sleep/food/water, and so on. I think that a mostly-hidden mental illness was triggered by something that happened at the conference, and this was a self-inflicted death. IMO JMO. Really sorry if this seems overly harsh, I don't mean to put anyone down, just trying to be objective.
Quoting myself to elaborate since multiple people have (correctly) pointed out that you can't die from psychosis. I think Erin took her own life. I think there will be lawsuits against the PD AND the folks running the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam