CA CA - Eureka, Female Torso, 18-25, SK victim, in Ryan Slough, Oct'97

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by AMF, Apr 16, 2007.

1. AMF

AMF Faith dares the soul to go farther than it can see

I just saw this article in my hometown newspaper and wanted to help get it some wide spread coverage. I haven't yet found out much about this case or about "Humboldt County Jane Doe", but felt a new thread on this case might be worth a look.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/wayne_adam_ford/index.html

2. Loading...

3. chicoliving

chicoliving Former Member

I think this might be the link

http://www.montrosepress.com/articles/2007/04/16/local_news/1.txt

Serial killer’s victim could be from Colorado

Wanted: The identity of Humboldt County Jane Doe, believed to have been the first victim of convicted serial killer Wayne Adam Ford.

The torso of the woman, thought to be between 20 and 30 years old, was found in a California slough in 1997. Though in 2006 Ford was convicted of her murder and the gruesome deaths of three other women — Tina Gibbs, Lanett White and Patricia Tamez — no one has been able to positively identify Doe.

4. gayeld

gayeld New Member

Bumped.

It doesn't look like anyone's looked at this case since it was initially posted over six years ago and I've seen how many clever and resourceful sleuths there are here. So get to work people!

5. taramarie

taramarie Member

Can't find NAMUS or Doe files for her. Any idea how to have these made? It breaks my heart to think of how many missing people & UIDs there are who are forgotten due to this.

6. JupiterAmmon

JupiterAmmon New Member

I hate these cases where we know the killer but not the ID of the victim! Ford told LE some about this girl, apparently she was a hitchiker and had large breasts. He also led LE to recover more parts of her body, including her thighs. I wonder if they could estimate her height based on them and the torso. Also some of his victims were prostitutes. Could she have possibly been one as well? Or was she just a hitchhiker. Interesting it says dark complexion, but no mention to possible race in either what Ford said or that earlier article.

Here is some more info about her per an article on Ford:

http://aboutserialkillers.blogspot.com/2012/06/remorseful-serial-killer-wayne-adam.html

7. jjohnston0827

jjohnston0827 New Member

Seems like this woman has just been forgotten. No Doe Network or NamUs profiles that I could find. This woman needs a name. How can we get her added to Doe and NamUs?

8. CreoleMoon

CreoleMoon New Member

Bumping, this woman deserves her name back, and as jjohnston0827 said how do we get her into Doe Network or NamUs?

9. digitective

digitective New Member

10. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

Bumping.