Ca - Faith Tsarnas & Kiya Kitchen, Both 14, Die In Hit & Run, Fortuna, 12 July 2016

Discussion in 'Humboldt County' started by Oblio, Jul 14, 2016.

1. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

I hope she does not.

GarAndTeed and fred&edna like this.
  2. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

lol yep. my step kids mother's second lawyer dumped her case too because she was losing so bad and making herself look so bad and she refused to settle on anything.

lawyers do care about their pro rep.

3. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

Vigil outside courthouse May 9 (the date the trial date will be set) calling for no more continuances.

[FONT=&quot]The community members, family and friends of both families want the trial date set, no more continuances and this is one public message they want Judge Kaleb Cockrum and the Humboldt Superior Court to hear.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If there are any more delays, many people have expressed an interest in starting a petition.[/FONT]

https://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2018/05/on-may-9-trial-date-is-expected-to-be.html

GarAndTeed, MsMarple and fred&edna like this.
  4. Lilibet

5. burblestein

burblestein Active Member

I do hope the DA is considering perjury charges against the obvious liars in this case. Down the road, of course, after they have locked themselves into their lies during the trial.

6. Lilibet

7. Steleheart

Steleheart WS Liason Staff Member WS Liason

8. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Maybe those friends who had time to "visibly" support her in the court room should have been out trying to get funds to pay experts and attorney fees... but no... now more delay tactics and the court's time and money is being wasted.

Laughing and Lilibet like this.
  9. Kakidoll

Kakidoll Active Member

WHY is the court paying her way. She is far from indigent.

Laughing, fred&edna and Lilibet like this.
  10. Lilibet

Yes, John provides an invaluable service. He was my only pre-trial source of information for the Gary Lee Bullock priest-murder trial...which took over two years to get going.

And have we ever figured out WHY this never made the national news initially? I hope someone picks up the trial and puts it on the “front page.” Grrrrrrrrr!!

Delay, by any means possible, is the name of the game in so many cases. Over two years waiting to go to trial seems to be the norm now.

I don’t understand how her friends rationalize their support. What is it? “Poor Marci had an accident?” Never mind leaving the scene and hiding the truck and asking her son to lie! All that would be a deal-breaker if she had been my “friend.” Or “growers have to stick together?” Or some misguided sense of loyalty?

Good question! I believe her money can be said to be her boyfriend’s, not hers, and if he stops paying, she’s indigent. Personally, I think the paid attorneys’ withdrawal from the case because she “can’t” pay them was a carefully orchestrated and long-planned maneuver to delay the trial. Boyfriend’s father is an attorney and knows all the tricks from his years of defending marijuana cases. I just hope the judge hangs tough. But of course, then there’s the risk of appeal due to inadequate defense.

11. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

I sometimes wonder if the fellow "growers" defending her know (or care) that she's making them look bad/worse.

Always my thanks for continuing to follow Chiv and keeping us up-to-date on this case, Lilibet!!

Laughing, Steleheart and Lilibet like this.
  12. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

We are camping in the area this week, and came into Fortuna to have lunch. My thoughts were filled with Kiya & Faith as we drove around town.

13. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Well-Known Member

How could you live with yourself if you ran over your child, left her dying on the road, then tried to hide it?

14. Lilibet

I can imagine! We are thinking of a visit to SoHum sometime this summer. I’d love to time it and attend a bit of the trial!

15. Lilibet

Maybe she “self medicates” with Humboldt Homegrown as we used to call it. Snark intended. :mad: