GUILTY CA - Faith Tsarnas & Kiya Kitchen, Both 14, Die In Hit & Run, Fortuna, 12 July 2016

If by "lured" you mean "your Mom ran over your sister and she's lying in the street" Then Yes.
'we need to hide her Jeep so go see if she's OK Then we need to call a lawyer.'

BTW I get the impression that the son's friend was also the mothers 'friend' IYKWIM.

MOO

You certainly could be right about the definition of "lured." :) I was thinking the boys weren't told anything other than there had been an accident, and they went off to investigate, leaving the coast clear for the jeep to return home. At least I hope that's how it went down. That's bad enough. But the fact that MK tried to dissuade her son from talking to LE could mean that it happened as you described and he knows more. I hope she didn't put her son in that position! Ugh. Phone records should tell part of the coverup story. MK had to be hiding somewhere with the jeep while JP did his part.

Yes, that was interesting wording about DR being the mother's "friend." I guess I try to err on the side of naïveté, but nothing should surprise me anymore!

You certainly could be right about the definition of "lured." :) I was thinking the boys weren't told anything other than there had been an accident, and they went off to investigate, leaving the coast clear for the jeep to return home. At least I hope that's how it went down. That's bad enough. But the fact that MK tried to dissuade her son from talking to LE could mean that it happened as you described and he knows more. I hope she didn't put her son in that position! Ugh. Phone records should tell part of the coverup story. MK had to be hiding somewhere with the jeep while JP did his part.

Yes, that was interesting wording about DR being the mother's "friend." I guess I try to err on the side of naïveté, but nothing should surprise me anymore!

That's the scenario that I am assuming happened, Lilibet, one where the boys we distracted so the Jeep could be brought back unnoticed. Either way, it's AWFUL!!

What, if any, resolution will there be in this case? It hurts my heart.

Pressure is turning up a notch.

Separate fatal vehicle vs pedestrian last night in Arcata last night. Driver immediately arrested, suspected DUI. People are asking why Marci is still free.

Pressure is turning up a notch.

Separate fatal vehicle vs pedestrian last night in Arcata last night. Driver immediately arrested, suspected DUI. People are asking why Marci is still free.

Ummmm...because they're deciding to be stupid?

If people are equating an accident that was NOT a hit-and-run and where there ARE witnesses with Marci Kitchen's hit-and-run-and-hide-the-vehicle-and-stonewall-the-cops case they clearly do not choose to understand how investigations work. The only thing in common with the two cases is DUI. I would not want LE to arrest Marci Kitchen due to pressure from the community only to have to drop the case on a technicality.

http://kymkemp.com/2016/09/04/one-pedestrian-dead-in-arcata/

In the early hours of this tragic story, Kym Kemp's reporting on her newsblog Redheaded Blackbelt was both detailed and responsible. I know that she will be in the forefront reporting when there is further news. I was very pleased to read on her news blog this morning that she is being honored tonight as the 2016 Southern Humboldt Citizen of the Year. Congratulations Kym! And thank you for all that you do for your community.

:yourock:

http://kymkemp.com/2016/09/07/in-which-we-blush-and-bumble/

Good news, thanks for updating Lilibet. I have to say I'm shocked to learn there was someone in the vehicle with her. Not only did she not help the girls, neither did her passenger? What about the witness who called 911? I guess we only heard a snippet of what he had to say, and assumed it was only a her/ she driving with no one else in the vehicle.

Good news, thanks for updating Lilibet. I have to say I'm shocked to learn there was someone in the vehicle with her. Not only did she not help the girls, neither did her passenger? What about the witness who called 911? I guess we only heard a snippet of what he had to say, and assumed it was only a her/ she driving with no one else in the vehicle.

Yes, it is good news! I suspect that the passenger was equally impaired and possibly younger, so not in a position to override Marci. Or else, equally heartless and self-serving. It's hard to know what the 911 caller actually saw and told LE later.

I read John Chiv mostly to get CPRA infomation that he obtains from the court, as reporting those facts is easier to verify and more difficult to get wrong.
Other than that: I prefer my news "late but accurate" rather than prompt but flawed. It's not only based on this recent incident by JC, but past ones and his overall writing "style."

JMO. I'm glad there are a few others here in Humboldt who maintain a higher standard for what--and how--they report on cases here. (Looking at you, KK)! :)

My comment wasn't intended to bash JC, I'm sure his sources are in the know. I was just a little taken aback by the retraction. He has provided valuable information on the case, no one else had. Kind of a bad spot his source out him in ...

Kym Kemp tallies the homicides so far this year in Humboldt county. Kiya Kitchen is not counted because she died in Oakland. According to Officer May, the report will go to the DA in the next week or two. Now I'm not sure what report the DA referred to in her reply to John Chiv posted above. Maybe it's a preliminary and not a final report.

This list has several additions from last time and one notable subtraction. (See the below the list for why Kiya Kitchen has been removed. According to Officer May of the California Highway Patrol, a report will go to the Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office in the next week or two and that office will be able to decide whether or not to file charges.)

http://kymkemp.com/2016/09/08/humbo...end-plus-new-info-on-the-fortuna-hit-and-run/

I really think John Chiv's latest post, which I won't link, is inappropriate. He is using two anonymous sources and a screenshot of FB profiles to question why the CHP won't release the name of Marci's passenger. So he's willing to invade the privacy of innocent people to promote his agenda, which I find offensive. John does his best work reporting from court. He needs to stick to that and let the CHP run the investigation on their own timetable. Shame on you, John!
JMO

4 to 10 years? That's it??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4 to 10 years? That's it??

I have been reading about other possible penalties. Unfortunately: even four years in jail is not the minimum Marci could get. With her attorneys: she may be able to get only felony probation (she has no priors), and a possible fine of up to $10,000.

I have been reading about other possible penalties. Unfortunately: even four years in jail is not the minimum Marci could get. With her attorneys: she may be able to get only felony probation (she has no priors), and a possible fine of up to $10,000.
Guess we all now a good way to murder someone with very little penalty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back