CA - Five killed, 4 injured in Santa Monica shooting spree, 7 June 2013

The burning home is likely connected at this point.
It sounds like Adam Lanza... he likely killed people there and then went to the school.
That would be a HUGE coincidence if it wasn't connected.

He could have shot himself but I would think he wouldn't do that so quickly.
Why not wait until the cops arrive?

All FINALS cancelled at Santa Monica college for the day.
Finals? Wonder if that had something to do with it.

That body outside the library is the same body that the campus reporter mentioned.
All 4 victims transported to hospital were FEMALE.

Finals were almost over. I think today was the last day for them. My DD and her two roommates were both done already.

And I just saw that it was connected to the burning home. He did a deadly home invasion and set it on fire.

OOHHHHHHHH. Just heard on Channel 5 News:

The shooter originally did a home invasion robbery, killed 2 people, and set the home on fire.

Then he hijacked a car and drove it to the Pico intersection, and shot at passing cars and the bus.

And then he went to the campus and shot students.

7 victims:

2 dead men at the burning house.
1 woman shot in a car outside the burning house.
4 women transported to the hospital from the college.

(I am not clear if that 4 women includes the lady with the knee injury or not.)

WOWWWWWW. A witness on channel 5 KTLA: she recognized the shooter and says she thinks he is the son of the people who owned THE BURNING HOME. [ just like Adam Lanza]

Three people shot at Santa Monica College; suspect in custody
Los Angeles Times

There is a video.

This is a couple of hours old.

By Andrew Blankstein and Robert Faturechi
June 7, 2013, 12:53 p.m.

"Santa Monica College was on lockdown after three people were shot inside a car in or near the campus and police detained the alleged gunman, according to law enforcement sources.

President Obama was in the area for a fundraiser at the time, but sources said the shooting appears to be unrelated to his visit."

All Santa Monica schools are on lockdown.

WOWWWWWW. A witness on channel 5 KTLA: she recognized the shooter and says she thinks he is the son of the people who owned THE BURNING HOME. [ just like Adam Lanza]

Damn I'm good. :rockon:
Sad though, that they are getting so common they are predictable.

Santa Monica shooting: two dead, six transported to hospitals

By Andrew Blankstein, Martha Groves and Rosanna Xia
June 7, 2013, 2:32 p.m.

"At least six people were transported to hospitals in the wake of the shooting and crime spree in the Santa Monica College area. Two bodies were found inside a home near campus that the gunman allegedly set on fire, law enforcement source said.

The sources said the gunman allegedly set the home on fire, opened fire on several cars and appeared to try to carjack two vehicles. One of the carjackings occurred near the campus library and college police station.

The suspect fled to the library, where he was wounded by police, the sources added.

Police said they are trying to piece together the crime spree."

More...

It would make me even sadder if those were his parents he killed first. Senseless violence.

Santa Monica has always seemed like such a safe, civil community.

Man saw suspect in car with a woman who looked terrified, gun on dashboard.
The man heard gunshots and saw the fire, ran into the house on fire to try to rescue people.
Did not hear any response to his yelling in the house.
He also saw a woman in ANOTHER car outside the house, shot in the neck.

KCAL9 said the house MIGHT be the suspect's fathers home. Not confirmed.

This is also live.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/cbs-news-live-feed/

They keep showing a cop getting two shotguns out of another cops car. (I believe both HP.)
Then he runs with both guns and drops all the bullets.
So he goes over and stands by them... and asks the other cop to come hold the second gun.
Then he picks up all the bullets and puts them back on the gun.
I bet that cop is thrilled they keep replaying it.

Brett Holzhauer an LA County Lifeguard... he hid in the study room-

Crawled out after LE came in and go them. Saw shattered glass and "hundreds of rounds of ammunition."
Huge clips full of ammunition... he believes the gunman just dropped them all.
He heard a shotgun but saw shotgun and rifle rounds both.

The cops had shotguns, maybe those he heard were from the cops shooting the suspect?

He also saw the dead body, dressed in black and definitely dead.

Someone shot inside library on 3rd floor. Unknown on condition.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1155606218001/

Interview now with kid who had been in library and went to the bathroom and heard shots when he came out so he hid somewhere.

He says he is a huge gun advocate so he was sure of how much firing he heard. Terrific.

The woman who fell and injured her knee and shoulder... hid behind a bush. The shooter walked right by her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back