CA - Five unprovoked murders of men ages 21 to 54, Stockton, July-Sept 2022 *Reward*

Anyone know if law enforcement automatically checks ballistics for all unsolved shooting deaths? Is it case by case only?

I’m wondering if there were others earlier and they are now finding the connection because there is new leadership with new expectations? Possibly homeless deaths being previously dismissed as not a priority and not fully investigated. McFadden has only been Chief since June 2022.

Anyone know if law enforcement automatically checks ballistics for all unsolved shooting deaths? Is it case by case only?

I’m wondering if there were others earlier and they are now finding the connection because there is new leadership with new expectations? Possibly homeless deaths being previously dismissed as not a priority and not fully investigated. McFadden has only been Chief since June 2022.

He said in the press conference they're all entered into a statewide database. (now who is to say how often they are entered/checked?)

(18:25~)

Oct 4 2022 rbbm
BY CHLOE MAYER

''Police have identified two more victims of the possible serial killer stalking Stockton, California — and it may have shaken everything they thought they knew about the murderer's modus operandi.

Expert criminologists have told Newsweek that the police will have to tread carefully as they try to uncover the pattern of deaths and seek to draw links between them.''

Stockton Police Department CCTV

Stockton Police Department investigators have reviewed many hours of video surveillance. They believe they located a "person of interest" in this investigation and have asked people to try to identify the grainy CCTV image.STOCKTON POLICE DEPARTMENT

''Monckton-Smith, who focuses on interpersonal violence and homicide prevention, is not involved in this particular case, but using her expert knowledge in this area, she is able to outline the likely profile of the killer.
She said the person is likely to "[have] good local knowledge, able to be out at night without attracting comment, [and has a] possible history of domestic abuse or control in relationships."

''Police have declined to reveal various details about the case while they investigate, and Monckton-Smith pointed out what remains unclear: "How close was the killer to the victim when they were shot? Were they all shot in the same part of the body? How many shots were fired? Is this person a good shot?"

All of these factors will provide clues as detectives try to track the killer.''

''Officers are appealing for information, and there is a $95,000 reward for details that lead to an arrest in the case.''

After way too much mapping and googling - it is my belief the video they released comes from the 4400 Manchester Ave shooting (52 yo male)

Particularly the St. Francis Village apartments.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 3.40.09 PM.png

(Image from google maps)

You have your stairs, (the bar that shows up in the video appears to be for the upstairs walkway) AC units, doors etc.
It don't believe it's THIS EXACT unit/underpass...just this apt complex in general.

My best guess is that he works normal hours and kills on days off, if not on days off he also seems to kill between 10pm-7am. He could also have a family, work a normal 9-5. If he was a security gaurd the chances of him killing on the job seem unlikely to me.
they have already been speculating he kills on the way to and from work.

My first thought too was why the police ruled out hate crime at the beginning, and actually openly stated that, when it seems pretty obvious the targets are non-white. i guess it's a very touchy subject in the US, but still.... I know from friends in California that the anti- illegal immigrant feelings are very strong among numerous people there, and those feelings are often generalized to anyone of colour.
california is a sanctuary state. while ofc there are those who disagree or have poor sentiments about it, it is not nearly as universal as it would be in say, arizona or texas.

I saw the jump and thought maybe incarcerated during that period or in the hospital.
I don’t think the ballistics would tell them anything about the gun being registered. I believe it only indicates that the same weapon has been used. They might be able to determine the type of gun, but I don’t think it can be traced back to the purchase. If the gun becomes evidence they could test it for a match.
Oh yes, my bad. They need the gun. Ballistics will only tell what type of gun.

Sorry should have linked it -

She's beautiful and she has a gorgeous voice. Also, she has light skin and short hair... if it was dark I could see someone mistake her for an hispanic male.
Glad she survived!

I live in the area and find this case to be really disturbing. I was looking at the Stockton PD's Facebook site about the case and was reading some posts people left. One person's comment struck me as really odd so I looked him up and what I saw gave me reason for concern. I also found a youtube site this person has.

I don't recall the rules on whether I can provide a name here for others to research so I thought I'd check first.

I felt it was disturbing enough, so I did call the Stockton Hotline number to report it.
Hmmm. I just went through every comment over there, and other than one at the bottom, almost last, I don't see any odd comments. The one at the bottom is odd as I don't understand it. I am so curious to which comment you refer?

1665106310500.png
Oct 6 2022 rbbm.

''Natasha Latour, the woman who survived the gunman, told Stockton community website 209 Times this week of the moment she was shot 10 times in an April 2021 attack at downtown Stockton train tracks by the gunman police now link to the killings that have gripped the city. Latour was camped along the tracks at Park and Union streets about 3:30 a.m. April 16, 2021, when she was shot as a train passed by.''

The train started to come toward me, then a man came around the corner — they already had the gun out — and they just started shooting,” Latour told 209 Times. Latour said she heard the sound of gravel underfoot before the shooting started. “No words were exchanged. I just saw flashes,” she said in the interview. Latour said she ran closer to the street before the gunman squatted in a firing pose and opened fire again.''

Latour said her assailant wore dark-colored pants, an open-hooded sweatshirt and a perfectly fitted COVID-19 mask over his face. “He looked like the Unabomber,” she said,''

The shootings could be random, except perhaps for gender. Maybe the fact that the majority of the victims are Hispanic men could be related to the geographic locations, i.e. targets of opportunity because of the community. I agree with the theory that the shooter probably "hunts" frequently, waiting for the perfect opportunity to commit his crimes. This reminds me of the DC snipers. MOO

View attachment 371386
Oct 6 2022 rbbm.

''Natasha Latour, the woman who survived the gunman, told Stockton community website 209 Times this week of the moment she was shot 10 times in an April 2021 attack at downtown Stockton train tracks by the gunman police now link to the killings that have gripped the city. Latour was camped along the tracks at Park and Union streets about 3:30 a.m. April 16, 2021, when she was shot as a train passed by.''

The train started to come toward me, then a man came around the corner — they already had the gun out — and they just started shooting,” Latour told 209 Times. Latour said she heard the sound of gravel underfoot before the shooting started. “No words were exchanged. I just saw flashes,” she said in the interview. Latour said she ran closer to the street before the gunman squatted in a firing pose and opened fire again.''

Latour said her assailant wore dark-colored pants, an open-hooded sweatshirt and a perfectly fitted COVID-19 mask over his face. “He looked like the Unabomber,” she said,''
Shot as a train passed by.
That sure helped cover the sounds of all those shots.

<modsnip>

Tonight I had dinner with my wife in downtown Stockton and connected with folks in the community. It felt good to not be defined by this kind of violence and fear that an individual like this can cause. I’m not used to this kind of thing being so close to home. Just feels very surreal and numb. From my home I can hear the Police Helicopter flying at night. I’ve followed a few of these cases that pull at your heart strings over the years but this one is right at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 371386
Oct 6 2022 rbbm.

The Unabomber is white. Could the killer mistakenly thought she was a man?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back