CA - Foster parents arrested in connection with murder of Hasanni Campbell - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like it's back to work, folks!

Would the K9's definitely have picked up his smell if he had been in the alley? That's whats throwing me off. I've been under the impression if the dogs didn't smell him, he hadn't been there. Maybe not?

I think my hinky meter is just up and I am reading waaaaaaaaay to far into everything...but this sentence that Ross said when he was released from jail just sent shivers up my spine.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20660596/detail.html

“I was not surprised that she (Campbell) was released and not charged,” he said. “I knew the evidence. I knew there was no evidence and she was not going to talk because she had already given as many statements as she could.” (bolded by me)

Ok the phrase "she isn't going to talk" to me seems like she knows something and he is re-iterating to her that she needs to keep her mouth shut. Maybe I am looking wayyyyyy to far into this...but that phrase just sounded weird to me. Why wouldn't he say "I wasn't surprised that Campbell was released because we both maintain our innocence and our only focus is to find Hassani" Once again it seemed like everything is about him!

Sorry had to vent...think I'm done now! hahaha

I don't think you are looking too far into it at all. If only they could prosecute based on the subtle meanings and dead giveaways in his statements --Freudian slips, or whatever. His words could hang him imo.

just rememberin the statement about LR seemed to waiting/ready to be arrested. Wonder if LR is surprised as us that he is getting out today ?

wonder if JC is surprised LRs getting out today ?

just wonderin ??

,.. I'd forgotten about that one person who knew LR and Knew he
would never hurt anyone, especially " His Son " ....

Knew LR from school.... I think it was .... If only that person could
enlighten us ...... or Maybe that person doesn't know LR as well as
they thought they did...??? Hmmmmm

Maybe that person no longer believes what they said, maybe now they believe LR could have hurt his son, I just wish we knew more personal things about this guy and his Fiance,........

If that person is right and "Little Man was abducted, I bet his body will be found, soon
abductors usually don't take time to hide a body, they finish with what they wanted the child for and then discard, no need to hide the body because they have no real ties anyway...

just wonderin....and thinkin....and wishin..... Hmmmmmm head spinin too....

I hope U understand what I'm tryin to say I know I can Ramble

Hi Protect-R-Babys, do you mean merimer? She knew JC, not LR as far as I know. Or are you referring to an unknown person who might come forward ?

Sarah I think Burris said that, not Ross.

"Veteran defense attorney John Burris, who has been advising the couple, told KTVU the arrests were an investigative gamble that had backfired.

“I was not surprised that she (Campbell) was released and not charged,” he said. “I knew the evidence. I knew there was no evidence and she was not going to talk because she had already given as many statements as she could.”

“I think it was a rush to judgment – an overreaction on the part of the police. They did not have evidence to support a conviction for her and I doubt that they had enough for a conviction for him. It may be a tactic on their part…I always thought it was a tactic by the police to squeeze one or both them to offer up incriminating evidence. It did not work.”

BBM

Sorry! You are totally right! Yeah I'm reading waaaaaay too far into things. hahaha I really just wish they would find Hassani.

just rememberin the statement about LR seemed to waiting/ready to be arrested. Wonder if LR is surprised as us that he is getting out today ?

wonder if JC is surprised LRs getting out today ?

just wonderin ??

I sure wonder what that reunion will be like, conversation-wise.

Hi Protect-R-Babys, do you mean merimer? She knew JC, not LR as far as I know. Or are you referring to an unknown person who might come forward ?

not refering to meri wishin some unknown person would come
forward who knows either LR or JC. I really don't want
to believe either of them could hurt 'little Man ......
But,...Where could he be ??

I have started a thread for post-arrest general discussion. As momtective said, we have to re-comb old evidence and move away from focusing on these arrests.

I will lock this thread or ask for it to be locked in a while, but leave it open for now so people can continue to express themselves over the decision not to lay charges today.

CA - Hasanni Campbell - General Case Discussion - Thread #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

(I hope the mods don't close the new one, but if they do I apologize in advance.)

Bumping my own thread to avoid group splintering...

not refering to meri wishin some unknown person would come
forward who knows either LR or JC. I really don't want
to believe either of them could hurt 'little Man ......
But,...Where could he be ??

thanks, Protect--I thought that is what you were hinting at but not sure!!! It would be great if "that" person, whoever they are, would come forward!!

I was thinking that, but I didn't want to post it in case she is reading here and it reminded her not to go do anything she doesn't want LE to see. :crazy:

uh-oh, i hope not! oh, now im gonna worry!:bang:

Okay, I can understand the disappointment here, I feel it too~ deeply.

I'm not ready to kick LE in the arse though. I don't think they made a mistake in their conclusions that LWR is responsible for this, and I understand why they arrested both of them. It's not a setback really. It just means that LWR will get to sit in his home and hold his breath and watch his back and know that every move he makes and every breath he takes is going to be monitered by local LE ~ for a very long time. Homicide Detectives are known for their tenacity and inability to let go of a suspect that they know commited a crime but that they just can't prove as of yet (<--IMHO)

It doesn't mean the searches turned up nothing, it means that there isn't enough evidence to go forward with charges.

IMHO the only way to solve this is to find Hasanni. He has to be found and quickly. (Or eye witnesses need to be found that implicate LWR directly). As for Burris' comments he a defense lawyer I would expect nothing less.

Question?
Have we seen Burris state clearly and specifically that his client is innocent (LWR)? Just curious to see what he says and how he says it. In another case here a poster commented about what's called "semantic olympics" ~ Defense lawyers always take the gold.

Bolded by me..

It is also highly possible that during the search at the home, bugging devices may have been installed.

JC is already home. When LR gets home and they start discussing what happened to them both since their arrests last week, it is very possible that some incriminating conversations will be overheard.

At least, this is what I am hoping to occur.

"I'm not doing well," she said in an interview after the vigil. "I'm inspired by the people who are here. I'm inspired by God. When I was incarcerated, my faith was stronger than ever."

She was "incarcerated" for a weekend. The way she talks, you'd think she'd been in there for years, perservered, saw the light, and experienced a jailhouse conversion.

The article posted above also states...

"A search of Lake Elizabeth in Fremont has been organized for Saturday morning. Volunteers said they intend to continue to hold weekly vigils for Hasanni until he is found"

I wonder if this search is organized by LE or by volunteers? The article doesn't make it very clear. At least we know someone is still searching.

From what my wife relayed, it will be a volunteer/family search effort. T-shirt lady, Courtney Burris (daughter of John Burris), supporters/volunteers and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson