Missing pregnant Shannon Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

CA freaked by frightening night clowns

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by zwiebel, Oct 13, 2014.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

A clown 'project' in Wasco, CA, that appears to have started as a couple's Instagram project, is spreading and has gone wrong.

Initially, people began just posting pictures of themselves dressed as scary clowns and loitering about at night. But now the craze has spread to Bakersfield, where a bunch of kids were chased and had their wits scared out of them. Now police have issued a stern warning: they want the clown craze to stop, and will be making arrests if it doesn't.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...are-terrorising-rural-california-9790349.html

Attached Files:

2. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

SEE, I am not alone, others find clowns creepy

Clowns not in a circus tent in the company of other clowns creep me out. Seriously. If I was one who encountered a random person in clown garb and makeup at night walking the streets of my town you can bet my hiney would be running and screaming like a banshee too!

3. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

There was a huge craze for this in the UK too, and it spread like wildfire. We have a thread here for it. People got really fed up, and so did the police.

4. TrackerSam

TrackerSam New Member

Simple, it's California. Enact the Clown Tax Act. If you outlaw the clowns, they'll smuggle them in from Jersey.

5. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

These guys remind me of the JUGGALOES, the creepers and fans of Insane Clown Posse or whateever the bands name is. They write about serial killings and sick sadistic stuff and their fans are often violent criminals.

6. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

7. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

Clowns didn't use to bother me. Then I saw American Horror Story: Freak Show...and now this. :scared:

8. Little Jedi

Little Jedi "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equa

9. Indy Anna

Now they're getting close to home. You won't believe what this one was doing! He was walking down the street with balloons, minding his own business. While many are dismissing the fears of some as overreacting, you do have to wonder what the guy's motive is. If he is an SO, he could use his getup to lure children away, so I can understand the concern of parents. While I doubt he intends any harm since he displays himself publicly in costume (it would be more suspicious if he appeared to children from behind trees in the park and avoided contact with adults), it is always wise to be vigilant.

~ snipped ~
    5328485_G.jpg

http://www.wthr.com/story/26867473/2014/10/22/scary-clowns-spook-fishers-neighborhood

10. TrackerSam

TrackerSam New Member

Seltzer bottle -don't leave home without it. Clown gets aggressive you squirt him.

11. Indy Anna

The clown "terrorizing" Fishers, IN has decided to hang up his wig and balloons permanently.

~ snipped ~

http://wishtv.com/2014/10/26/police-say-spooky-clown-no-longer-creeping-around-neighborhoods/

12. Indy Anna