SOLVED CA - Frederick Cecil McLean, Pedophile, armed and dangerous

http://www.usmarshals.gov/investigations/most_wanted/mclean/mclean15.htm

ddkx6r.jpg

Wow, 8 victims identified and authorities think there are more victims. Jesus find this monster!

http://www.usmarshals.gov/investigations/most_wanted/mclean/mclean.htm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT:
April 21, 2005 Deputy Brian Lucio (619) 557-6620 x.257

Dangerous Sex Offender Sought by San Diego Task Force

Frederick McLeanSan Diego - The San Diego Regional Fugitive Task Force needs your help in locating a dangerous sex offender. Frederick McLean, 54, was charged in San Diego Superior Court in January of 2005 of four counts of child molestation and one count of lewd and lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14. According to investigators, McLean lures his victims into trusting him, then this predator uses that trust to molest and manipulate his victims. One victim estimates McLean molested her over 100 times. The investigation into these heinous acts has found an additional seven victims and investigators fear that McLean is searching for more. Investigators believe McLean has committed these devious acts over a 20 year period and he has no reason to stop.

McLean has been described as being very intelligent and methodical; planning everything he does to the smallest detail. Investigators state McLean knew his crimes would eventually catch up with him and believe he has been planning his run from the law for years. He may have over $100,000 in cash at his disposal. McLean may have changed his appearance to aid in his flight from justice. Investigators say McLean is considered armed and extremely dangerous. He has made numerous statements about suicide and has made it known he would rather die than go to prison.

Here are some clues to help us find him: McLean previously owned a business restoring and selling old race cars. His specialty was CAN-AM racers from the 1960’s and 1970’s, especially Lola chassis race cars. McLean may be driving a small, dark colored pickup truck and may still have a 1955 Chevy in his possession. The Chevy last had a California license plate of 4WQH018. Investigators believe McLean is still in the Northern San Diego County or Southern Riverside areas, but he could be anywhere. He is an experienced camper and has frequented the Anza-Borrego desert and the Cuyumaca Mountains. Anyone that has seen or may know Frederick McLean should call Deputy US Marshal Tom Maranda at 619-557-6620 extension 240. In an emergency situation, call 911.

McLean is a white male, 5'11, 170 lbs., with brown hair and hazel eyes. More information about McLean can be found at www.usmarshals.gov.

Updated News Release

http://www.usmarshals.gov/news/chron/2009/122909.htm

For Immediate Release

December 29, 2009 Supervisor Deputy U.S. Marshal Steve Jurman
Pacific Southwest Regional Fugitive Task Force (619) 557-7111;
Public Affairs Officer Toni M. Wheetley (619) 571-2498
Alleged Sexual Predator Frederick McLean Still Running From Justice
U.S. Marshals ask for the Public's Help in the Manhunt for 15 Most Wanted Fugitive
Frederick McLean (Age Enhanced)WASHINGTON – Nearly five years after charges were first filed on Frederick McLean, he is still running from the law. McLean, an alleged sexual predator, is wanted in California on four counts of child molestation, one count of lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14 and one count of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.

Authorities need the public’s help in getting McLean off the streets and away from potential victims. Law enforcement officials say they have already identified potentially 17 victims and additional charges could be filed against McLean once he is in custody.

The U.S. Marshals believe his crimes are heinous enough to have earned him a spot on the Marshals’ 15 Most Wanted fugitive list in 2006. Authorities regard McLean as a high risk for committing additional sex crimes against minors. Research on sex offender recidivism shows it is a variety of factors that contribute to reoffending.

“McLean possesses many of the factors correlated with reoffense,” said Dr. Michael Bourke, Chief psychologist for the U.S. Marshals Sex Offender Investigations Branch, “and stress, including the stress that comes with being a fugitive, increases the risk for abusive acting out.”

Fugitive McLean, 58, is wanted by the San Diego Sheriff’s Department on multiple counts of sexual assault on a child, but according to the U.S. Marshals “multiple counts” is an understatement. One alleged victim, now an adult, reported McLean assaulted her more than 100 times, starting when she was five and ending about seven years later.

McLean is deemed to be at high risk for engaging in sexual assault of young girls, according to Bourke. However, he might also target young boys.

“This fugitive has evaded capture for nearly five years, but he needs to know that we will never cease our efforts of hunting him down,” said George W. Venables, U.S. Marshal for the Southern District of California. “We are absolutely resolute in our commitment to bringing in Frederick McLean to face the charges brought against him.”

Several months ago, the Pacific Southwest Regional Fugitive Task Force executed a search warrant and obtained new leads and updated photos on Frederick McLean.

Authorities believe McLean gained access to many of his victims through his leadership position in his local congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses near San Diego.

An arrest warrant was issued in January 2005, for McLean, but authorities believe he sensed his days of freedom were numbered almost six months prior. In May 2004, family members confronted McLean regarding a young female victim’s allegations of molestation. McLean admitted they were true, and the victim’s family called Riverside County Sheriff’s Department. After the confrontation, McLean’s wife and children left him. He began liquidating financial assets, and he signed divorce papers.

In September 2004, McLean’s father-in-law woke up one morning to find McLean’s truck in his driveway. Inside the truck were McLean’s cell phone, letters for the family and instructions on how to sell the vehicle. It was evident from his actions that he believed criminal charges against him were looming.

McLean is a 58-year-old white male who weighs 170 pounds and is 5 feet, 11 inches tall. He has hazel eyes and brown/gray hair – possibly all gray hair. He is an auto mechanic by trade and once owned a racecar restoration business, specializing in racing cars from the 1960s and 1970s. McLean is also an experienced outdoorsman and may frequent camping areas. McLean’s character traits include: being financially frugal, meticulous, organized, and probably pays by cash. Investigators believe McLean may have assumed a new identity and could be using an alias name.

Authorities caution citizens to consider McLean armed and dangerous, and possibly suicidal.

There is a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of McLean, and all inquiries remain confidential. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact their nearest U.S. Marshals Service office, or call the Marshals’ 24-hour phone line at 1-800-336-0102.

U.S. Marshals are the nation’s primary fugitive hunting organization. Fugitive Task Forces led by the U.S. Marshals capture thousands of fugitives each year. For more information on the U.S. Marshals and 15 Most Wanted Fugitive Frederick McLean, go to www.usmarshals.gov.

Wanted Poster for Frederick McLean

343r89c.jpg

ITA. I also understand what southsleuth was saying. IMO, the definition of a cult is subjective, and any institution with a legal process that operates apart from society's could validly be viewed as a cult.

I say this from experience. I once belonged to a church that I discovered had long been hiding abuses by the ministry and elders. Some former members were exposing these abuses, and several ministers and elders who had molested children were finally reported to authorities and brought to justice. But, historically, the abuses were silenced or, when brought to the attention of higher-ups, the offenders were simply sent to other states where they continued their abuse with new victims.

While most members of that church, including ministers, are good people with good intentions, the structure of that church is conducive to such abuses. Some people, though, prefer to throw doubt on abuse allegations rather than have their idealistic view of their church, or a minister or elder, tarnished.

IOW, any institution with an organizational structure that includes its own "judicial" system can unwittingly allow criminals to flourish within the organization.

Interesting article, seems the church was sued and settled for a large payout to several victims... What was this cat's title in the church?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21917798/...ce-jehovahs-witness-allegations/#.VSih7hj3arU

I couldn't even read all the way through the posts without commenting now.
First, JW's do have "Elders" that any person in the congregation can speak with about any concerns or wrongdoing, however, if an Elder was told of a crime (such as being molested, or being the molestor) it would be reported to the authorities IMMEDIATELY. It is not like other religions where you can go in to a confession booth, and anything confessed or discussed is protected. There is no exemption for pastoral communication (no matter what the state law is in that area).

If any person is even accused of such an act, they are not allowed to be around any children without adults standing right there next to them or in between them. They are not allowed to attend any functions inside anyone's homes where children are present. They would never ever hold any title or be given any responsibility in the congregation, (such as "ministerial servant" or "elder" or even carrying a microphone for studies where large groups are present - nothing. nada.) There are strict guidelines in place to protect all children. A man must be "beyond reproach" in order to have any responsibility in the organization.

If this man was a Ministerial Servant as the articles said, then I can assure you that nobody knew about the abuse these poor victims suffered. I know you are anxious to alert each Kingdom Hall, but I would hope that it has probably already been done? Jehovah's Witnesses take this type of offense very very seriously.

We live with imperfect people in an imperfect world. It is bound to happen that someone will not be who they say they are, or who you believed them to be. I don't think it was "the religion" to blame that some sick man infiltrated in to a place where there were many children and families. Peodofiles (sp?) are known to be calculated and are sometimes willing to wait years to earn or gain your trust before accessing a victim. He is disgusting.

Read this: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Sections/TVNews/Nightly News/2007/11-Nov/statement.pdf

This case imo, has little to do with religion and everything to do with someone who would use his "faith" as a platform to abuse children.
In FCM's case, he manipulated the people who trusted him, that is the nature of pedophiles, no matter the race, creed, colour , religion, or lack thereof, imo.
The warnings to that particular faith, is to protect potential future victims, from FCM, who has targeted that group in the past.
Maybe he has since moved on to other hunting grounds?...

http://www.crimestoppersusa.com/marshals.htm

"McLean is deemed to be at high risk for engaging in sexual assault of young girls, according to Bourke. However, he might also target young boys."

I am very surprised to see that authorities would mention that this man could also be targeting boys. I thought a child molestor only liked one or the other (boy or girl), but never both? I also thought they targeted a certain age group only.

It is interesting that this may not be true.

I'm trying to develop a timeline for his movements. He has obviously left Southern California. Here are MSM articles that can be used as clues.

March 2009, Whitehorse, Canada
Whitehorse RCMP wouldn’t say how they or US Marshals received the tip about McLean visiting Whitehorse, but police are asking anyone with information to call the RCMP or Crimestoppers immediately.
http://www.yukon-news.com/news/most-wanted-pedophile-in-the-us-may-have-been-in-whitehorse

April 2012, Greater Toronto Area
Frederick Cecil McLean, 61, is an American fugitive wanted in connection with child sex crimes. Police believe he may be hiding in the GTA.
http://www.680news.com/2012/04/08/police-believe-wanted-u-s-fugitive-may-be-hiding-in-gta/

October 2012, Eugene, Oregon
Now they believe McLean is most likely in Eugene, according to a report in The Register-Guard.

Authorities won't say what makes them believe McLean is in Oregon, other than he sent relatives a package from Eugene in 2005 and they have developed many other leads since then.
Read more: http://www.kptv.com/story/19763509/fugative-believed-to-be-in-oregon#ixzz3a4jTxQTQ

The RCMP posting was updated October, 2014, so he could have returned to Canada...or not.

The US Marshall posting doesn't seem to be dated.

The AMW originally aired in December 2010 as far as I can tell.

I couldn't find anything more recent than Eugene, Oregon in 2012, three years ago. If he is still using the same modus operandi, he's in the right place. Oregon has always had a very high number of Witnesses per capita. It would be easy to blend in and establish trust.

Please correct or add to the timeline if you find anything.

I'm trying to develop a timeline for his movements. He has obviously left Southern California. Here are MSM articles that can be used as clues.

http://www.yukon-news.com/news/most-wanted-pedophile-in-the-us-may-have-been-in-whitehorse

http://www.680news.com/2012/04/08/police-believe-wanted-u-s-fugitive-may-be-hiding-in-gta/

The RCMP posting was updated October, 2014, so he could have returned to Canada...or not.

I couldn't find anything more recent than Eugene, Oregon in 2012, three years ago. If he is still using the same modus operandi, he's in the right place. Oregon has always had a very high number of Witnesses per capita. It would be easy to blend in and establish trust.

Investigators believe McLean is still in the Northern San Diego County or Southern Riverside areas...

http://www.crimestoppersusa.com/marshals.htm He was originally listed in 2005, but in this article he was believed to be in Riverside (as shown above). Wouldn't they update this report as more info became available? See what you think...

Wait, is that the "Marshalls page" you referred to? It only says it was posted as of April 21,2005. I would think they would be on top of the posting of new information ...hmmm....

Investigators believe McLean is still in the Northern San Diego County or Southern Riverside areas...

http://www.crimestoppersusa.com/marshals.htm He was originally listed in 2005, but in this article he was believed to be in Riverside (as shown above). Wouldn't they update this report as more info became available? See what you think...

Wait, is that the "Marshalls page" you referred to? It only says it was posted as of April 21,2005. I would think they would be on top of the posting of new information ...hmmm....

Everything lives on the internet forever! That's why I'm trying to make a timeline, to tease out the most current stuff. It gets so confusing. :)

Adding to my list "The Hunt" with John Walsh aired August 2014. I may have mistaken that for AMW, but I think one aired in 2010.

Wondering if FCM might be tempted to thrown on a disguise and show up at the funeral of this church leader?

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2015/07/03/22487151.html

"SALT LAKE CITY -- Mormon leader Boyd K. Packer, president of the faith's highest governing body, has died. He was 90.

Church spokesman Eric Hawkins said Packer died Friday afternoon at his home in Salt Lake City from natural causes."

Wondering if FCM might be tempted to thrown on a disguise and show up at the funeral of this church leader?

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2015/07/03/22487151.html

"SALT LAKE CITY -- Mormon leader Boyd K. Packer, president of the faith's highest governing body, has died. He was 90.

Church spokesman Eric Hawkins said Packer died Friday afternoon at his home in Salt Lake City from natural causes."

BBM

That would certainly be a possibility, except that AFAIK he wasn't Mormon. :) He was one of Jehovah's Witnesses. It's easy to get confused as both call on people at their homes, except Mormons only do it during their two year mission, whereas for Jehovah's Witnesses, it's a lifetime activity.

I wonder if FCM has moved on to another religious organization though. I certainly hope he is recognized somewhere and arrested.

I am very surprised to see that authorities would mention that this man could also be targeting boys. I thought a child molestor only liked one or the other (boy or girl), but never both? I also thought they targeted a certain age group only.

It is interesting that this may not be true.

Usually that is true. But there are exceptions. Like Joseph Edward Duncan in Idaho.

I couldn't even read all the way through the posts without commenting now.
First, JW's do have "Elders" that any person in the congregation can speak with about any concerns or wrongdoing, however, if an Elder was told of a crime (such as being molested, or being the molestor) it would be reported to the authorities IMMEDIATELY. It is not like other religions where you can go in to a confession booth, and anything confessed or discussed is protected. There is no exemption for pastoral communication (no matter what the state law is in that area).

If any person is even accused of such an act, they are not allowed to be around any children without adults standing right there next to them or in between them. They are not allowed to attend any functions inside anyone's homes where children are present. They would never ever hold any title or be given any responsibility in the congregation, (such as "ministerial servant" or "elder" or even carrying a microphone for studies where large groups are present - nothing. nada.) There are strict guidelines in place to protect all children. A man must be "beyond reproach" in order to have any responsibility in the organization.

If this man was a Ministerial Servant as the articles said, then I can assure you that nobody knew about the abuse these poor victims suffered. I know you are anxious to alert each Kingdom Hall, but I would hope that it has probably already been done? Jehovah's Witnesses take this type of offense very very seriously.

We live with imperfect people in an imperfect world. It is bound to happen that someone will not be who they say they are, or who you believed them to be. I don't think it was "the religion" to blame that some sick man infiltrated in to a place where there were many children and families. Peodofiles (sp?) are known to be calculated and are sometimes willing to wait years to earn or gain your trust before accessing a victim. He is disgusting.

Read this: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Sections/TVNews/Nightly News/2007/11-Nov/statement.pdf

Thank you so much for providing this information. You said it much better than I could ever hope to do. I am an inactive Witness right now because of my health issues. But, I know that Elders take any allegation of sexual abuse seriously, and they call LE immediately if an allegation has been made. You can bet your boots this guy has been dis-fellowshipped.

I take great offense to my religion being called a cult, because it isn't. I believe currently we have over 7 million baptized publishers.

Please note, the correct spelling of Jehovah is with an "h" at the end, not Jehova. TIA.

IMO

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/faculty_sites/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html
rbbm.

" As an expert panel of researchers convened by the National Academy of Sciences noted in a 1993 report: "The distinction between homosexual and heterosexual child molesters relies on the premise that male molesters of male victims are homosexual in orientation. Most molesters of boys do not report sexual interest in adult men, however" (National Research Council, 1993, p. 143, citation omitted).

To avoid this confusion, it is preferable to refer to men's sexual abuse of boys with the more accurate label of male-male molestation. Similarly, it is preferable to refer to men's abuse of girls as male-female molestation. These labels are more accurate because they describe the sex of the individuals involved but don't implicitly convey unwarranted assumptions about the perpetrator's sexual orientation.

Typologies of
Offenders The distinction between a victim's gender and a perpetrator's sexual orientation is important because many child molesters don't really have an adult sexual orientation. They have never developed the capacity for mature sexual relationships with other adults, either men or women. Instead, their sexual attractions focus on children – boys, girls, or children of both sexes."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back