GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #3

I am just going to respond to this. I was at the event in Lakeside there was nothing seedy about it, Lakeside is a small community and that is a local sports bar. The drugs not being in their systems was told to me by one of the parents and one of the siblings from what I understand the family only found out about the drug situation the same way we did. Regardless of gossip that is heard by a drunk family member I have met Gianni prior to his death and I have spent countless hours with the family trying to keep the memory of what happened alive. No one's family is perfect but I do know parents love their children regardless of stupid things like drug use, in fact I spoke with the father and he said he loved his kids and he would accept any answer even if it was drugs the mitigating circumstances have nothing to do with their love and need for justice. Even if it was drugs who cares? It does not take away from the brutality of their deaths, and there is no evidence saying drugs played a role in it. There is always the possibility it was a coincidence. I suggest if you think you are a more reliable Verified Insider going through the process. Regardless of the outcome my feelings will not change towards the family and I will always think they loved their children and did the best they could.

No disrespect intended but if you were told information from one relative at a fund raiser in Lakeside, CA and thought your information "trumped" the insider who was working with the family then you should have become a "verified insider" here and gone through the process. And yes it was more than likely the family knew about the drugs but I don't blame them a bit for trying to protect them even after death. They were victims period...

Sorry if this post is not within TOS and please delete if it is.

Target can send employees to any under staffed store it's pretty interchangeable especially during the holiday season and from i understand he worked in the inventory department and handled replenishing shelves.

See, I am not insane. I knew I saw news reports saying he wasn't working at the Mission Valley Target. So, let's see what those warrants show. Hurry, please, give me new info! :hot:

Suspect Carlo Mercado pleads not guilty in deaths of Illona Flint, Salvatore and Gianni Belvedere
Mercado accused in fatal Mission Valley shootings
Posted: 7:31 PM, Jun 24, 2014 Updated: 10:22 AM, Jun 26, 2014
http://www.10news.com/news/arraignm...ado-could-give-information-on-possible-motive

"Mercado worked at a Target store, though not the one in Mission Valley as had been reported elsewhere."

Oh jash, thank you so much for the list. :thumb:

I swear you must have super human eyesight powers.:bowdown:

I hope you will help us on the next round of docs. :stay:

LOL! :blushing: :takeabow:

I am happy to help. My peepers and fingers are on standby for the document dump! :findinglink:

From an article about the warrants: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/sep/04/search-warrants-unsealed-christmas-eve-murder-case/

• A San Diego police detective wrote in April: “In order to carry out the murders of Ilona and Salvatore, abduct and/or kill Gianni, put the body in the trunk of the vehicle and dispose of it over one hundred miles away, it seems reasonable to assume more than one person would be needed to carry out the murders.”

• Police also tracked the movement a prepaid cellphone from San Diego to the Hemet-area in Riverside County the afternoon of Dec. 24.

I don't think a second person would be necessary if CM drove Gianni's car to Riverside and bought the SUV there to drive back to SD.
From an article about the warrants: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/sep/04/search-warrants-unsealed-christmas-eve-murder-case/

• A San Diego police detective wrote in April: “In order to carry out the murders of Ilona and Salvatore, abduct and/or kill Gianni, put the body in the trunk of the vehicle and dispose of it over one hundred miles away, it seems reasonable to assume more than one person would be needed to carry out the murders.”

• Police also tracked the movement a prepaid cellphone from San Diego to the Hemet-area in Riverside County the afternoon of Dec. 24.

From this warrant: http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/x46557.pdf

"Detective [P] conducted the investigation of the crime scene on December 24, 2013 in San Diego and documented the recovery of evidence. During his examination of the parking lot where BELVEDERE and FLINT were found, he took note of the fact that the asphalt was relatively free of litter and debris. Detective [P] recovered several items in close proximity to the car. The items included a knit hat, a pack of cigarettes and two small Zip-loc baggies with Pit Bull dog graphics printed on them. The baggies contained a small amount of what appeared to be controlled substance."

The baggies were tested and DNA was found that matched the subject of the warrant. An officer then went undercover and purchased an "eight ball" of coke for $180 from the subject.

I was just thinking... Sal was shot in the forehead so he must have been looking right at the shooter.

No I think they were just easy targets and pretty convenient. I wonder what he was talking on the phone with Mario Donato about maybe he was early waiting for Ilona because he knew his phone was going to die and did not want her to have to wait? Sometimes coincidences like that happen such as when the border patrol agent pulled him over it was just dumb luck

Must have an early Android phone. ;) (I know this whole topic is not funny but as someone who has to plan my calls around my phone dying if I <gasp> use it, your explanation made me laugh while also making sense to me.)

Seems like a really crazy coincidence, but you're right, it could be. I'm glad dumb luck helps sometimes when it comes to catching dumb criminals, that's for sure.

The person I admire the most - is the former FBI agent who predicted from the very beginning - ""Clearly, these were targeted kills," Garrett explained, adding that it's likely the Belvederes owed someone a lot of money or were involved in the drug trade." He was so close if not right on the money.

<modsnip> I'd just like to say this: "Anyone who knowingly shares false misleading tales or evidence "hinders" the investigation and should be charged with doing so...IMO. <modsnip>

Think suddenly insane with power, rampage killing style. The power to control others with the gun, and control whether a person lives or dies. *BWAHAHAAHA* Bad guy maniacal laughter. Once he started shooting, maybe it just kept going...

Yikes! But thank you for the visual/audio. It's hard for me to even imagine someone acting like that (outside of movies), but you may be right.

I don't recall this Padilla guy... is he the dealer that sold to the victims?
From this warrant: http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/x46557.pdf

"Detective [P] conducted the investigation of the crime scene on December 24, 2013 in San Diego and documented the recovery of evidence. During his examination of the parking lot where BELVEDERE and FLINT were found, he took note of the fact that the asphalt was relatively free of litter and debris. Detective [P] recovered several items in close proximity to the car. The items included a knit hat, a pack of cigarettes and two small Zip-loc baggies with Pit Bull dog graphics printed on them. The baggies contained a small amount of what appeared to be controlled substance."

The baggies were tested and DNA was found that matched the subject of the warrant. An officer then went undercover and purchased an "eight ball" of coke for $180 from the subject.

I was just thinking... Sal was shot in the forehead so he must have been looking right at the shooter.

The person I admire the most - is the former FBI agent who predicted from the very beginning - ""Clearly, these were targeted kills," Garrett explained, adding that it's likely the Belvederes owed someone a lot of money or were involved in the drug trade." He was so close if not right on the money.

You know this is what I thought from the beginning but then I was kind of swayed away from it. I originally thought that it was most likely related to money, drugs, or both... maybe my first instinct wasn't so far off after all.

No disrespect intended but if you were told information from one relative at a fund raiser in Lakeside, CA and thought your information "trumped" the insider who was working with the family then you should have become a "verified insider" here and gone through the process. And yes it was more than likely the family knew about the drugs but I don't blame them a bit for trying to protect them even after death. They were victims period...

Sorry if this post is not within TOS and please delete if it is.

I don't know anything about who is an insider and who is not and who is/was sharing correct v. incorrect information, but... If Hmm thought that he learned valuable evidence at the fundraiser, then sharing it with police immediately was clearly the right thing to do and substantially more important than correcting misinformation on this forum.

Police work is fascinating. Starting on p. 10 of http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/x46712.pdf

(note: UM = unidentified male -> Carlo Mercado)

On February 3rd 2014 I obtained a search warrant to request all cell phone activity from five cell phone providers who provide service to the Mission Valley mall... The information I requested is commonly referred to as a "Tower Dump". In the search warrant I requested all cell phone activity occurring in the designated area from December 23, 2013 at 2200 hours to December 24, 2013 at 0200 hours. When conducting a Tower Dump, the service provider will identify activity by all phones accessing the tower or towers which serve a specific geographic area over a defined period of time. Tower Dumps are specific to each cell phone service provider, as each maintains records of activity involving their own cell towers and cellular networks.

By identifying the active telephones in the area of the mall at the time of the murder, paying particular attention to the times the UM can be seen making calls, I planned to seek additional search warrants to identify the subscriber's to those telephone numbers. I also hoped to further conduct searches of law enforcement databases to determine if those phone numbers were associated to persons of similar description to the UM described by witness [W] and witnesses [A] and [G].

I received the results of the Tower Dump and forwarded them to SDPD Crime Analyst [PV]. [PV] and I viewed the video I recovered from the cameras at the Tilted Kilt restaurant and the one recovered from the Mission Valley Mall. We took note of the time the UM enters the mall and appears to using a cell phone. The indicates it is 23:22:23 hours on December 23, 2013. [PV] later referred to the incident as "Event 1"...

We continued to view the video and noticed the UM walked out of view toward the mall exit and then returned at 00:21:21. The UM walked toward the direction of the Cathy Jean store where Ilona FLINT works and then reappears at 00:22:07. The UM appears to be following FLINT from a distance of approximately twenty feet until they are out of the view of the camera. This is the time [TW] described watching a male follow FLINT out of the mall. I believe that if the male was working in concert with other individuals, he may make calls alerting his co-conspirators that FLINT was leaving. [PV] referred to this event as "Event 2".

[PV] then took the 9-1-1 call data from Ilona FLINT's call at 0111 hours and the 9-1-1 call data from witnesses [A] and [G] and identified it as "Event 3". This was done on the theory that if more than one person were involved in the murders they may be communicating via cell phone and activating towers within our Tower Dump area during the three events.

... there were a total of 63,934 voice calls captured by the tower dump. In an attempt to narrow the scope of the search, [PV] limited his search to the times of "Event 1", "Event 2" and "Event 3" giving five minutes before and after each of the event to capture cell phone activations.

By placing these parameters on his search, [PV] narrowed the 63,934 calls to only 711.

...Out of all 711 calls captured within the three events, only one single phone number appears in all three events...During "Event 1" this cell phone, hereinafter referred to as CP-1, called out to...CP-2.

During "Event 2", CP-1 called out to ... CP-3 and during "Event 3" CP-1 called out to ... CP-4.

At the conclusion of the call between CP-1 and CP-4 during Event 3 no other calls are captured from any of the four associated cell phones at the Tower Dump location. ...I believe it is reasonable to conclude the cell phones left the area...after the murder of FLINT and Salvatore BELVEDERE took place.

From pp. 12-13 here: http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/x46916.pdf,

A female in her early 20s [AN] was interviewed, as Gianni had exchanged several text messages with her on December 23, 2013 between 7:29 and 7:51 PM (they had actually met at a Red Lobster for about 20 mins sometime between 6 and 7 PM that day).

She said she met Gianni through a friend of hers in January 2013. She and Gianni "became friends and routinely met practically every day at various locations in the city of Chula Vista". She "denied there was any romantic involvement in their relationship and stated...that Gianni would meet her almost daily and she would sell him four to five grams of marijuana for approximately $100.00. On one occasion she arranged the sale of prescription Xanax."

Hmm, hasn't it been reported that his heroin dealer was female? I wonder if it was this same person, and she lied to police about what she was supplying Gianni with (i.e. selling pot seems less serious).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back