Resolved CA - Hacienda Heights, WhtMale 865UMCA, 18-25, black rosary beads, Nov'72 - namus removed

I think we might have a very good possible here.

attachment.php

This man, Steven Lewis Ericson, was just listed in Charley Project (sourced from the California Attorney General website). He is not yet listed in NamUs.

https://oag.ca.gov/missing/person/steven-lewis-ericson

There are discrepancies in eye color (hazel compared to blue) and height – (70 inches compared to John Doe’s 75 inches). (My recollection is that the John Doe’s listed height was shorter. Was it revised?)

But the other comparisons are striking enough, in my opinion, to outweigh that the height and eye color inconsistencies.

• His date of last contact (June 1 1972) precedes the John Doe’s Date of Discovery by five months.
• His last known location (Nevada County CA) is about an 8 hour drive from Hacienda Heights.
• The visual comparisons are very consistent. The eyebrows and hairlines at the temples are identical. Facial structures are also identical..

I'm seeing what you're seeing. I'm not familiar with this case, but the visual similarities are not to be ignored. Once again, your work is wonderful and your find great CarlK!

I think we might have a very good possible here.

attachment.php

This man, Steven Lewis Ericson, was just listed in Charley Project (sourced from the California Attorney General website). He is not yet listed in NamUs.

https://oag.ca.gov/missing/person/steven-lewis-ericson

There are discrepancies in eye color (hazel compared to blue) and height – (70 inches compared to John Doe’s 75 inches). (My recollection is that the John Doe’s listed height was shorter. Was it revised?)

But the other comparisons are striking enough, in my opinion, to outweigh that the height and eye color inconsistencies.

• His date of last contact (June 1 1972) precedes the John Doe’s Date of Discovery by five months.
• His last known location (Nevada County CA) is about an 8 hour drive from Hacienda Heights.
• The visual comparisons are very consistent. The eyebrows and hairlines at the temples are identical. Facial structures are also identical..

I bet it's him!

According to donetwork, and Green Valley Sheriff's dept., Ericson was ruled out for this John Doe. I was surprised because he looked like him.

Is the morgue photo pixelated, or am I seeing some sort of scar or mark over the left eyebrow?

I see that too. It could be anything, it could also be eyebrow hairs that grow unevenly (I have that). IMHO, I believe it is pixelated, the picture is over 40 years old.

I see that too. It could be anything, it could also be eyebrow hairs that grow unevenly (I have that). IMHO, I believe it is pixelated, the picture is over 40 years old.

I've seen a case involving someone who left Texas in 1972, heading to follow a band called Wishbone Ash in California, who matches the height and weight dimensions almost precisely. He had a scar over his left eyebrow.

I've seen a case involving someone who left Texas in 1972, heading to follow a band called Wishbone Ash in California, who matches the height and weight dimensions almost precisely. He had a scar over his left eyebrow.

Do you have any pointers to information about this dude?

Do you have any pointers to information about this dude?

Unfortunately, it's from a pretty dubious source, and could have been resolved.

Message Boards

The only thing that piqued my interest was the 28 year gap between the reporting, which is a long time for someone to not be in contact with their family. There are also no comments or further posts attached to the initial thread.

Unfortunately, it's from a pretty dubious source, and could have been resolved.

Message Boards

The only thing that piqued my interest was the 28 year gap between the reporting, which is a long time for someone to not be in contact with their family. There are also no comments or further posts attached to the initial thread.

I couldn't find anybody by that name(s) in any of the public databases. Since the post is from 2000, I suspect you're right that it was resolved.

The decedent looks very German to me. I wonder if any of his possessions (like the glasses found near by) had been manufactured in Europe?

I couldn't find anybody by that name(s) in any of the public databases. Since the post is from 2000, I suspect you're right that it was resolved.

I hope you're right, and thanks for taking the time to search that. Unfortunately, I've got a growing backlog of forty researched names (including his), of which 15 - 20 I believe are confirmed unreported missing persons cases that aren't appearing in any databases. I've also seen on several occasions in these forums names which I recognise from databases, that haven't been reported until years after the initial posting.

Thank you for checking. What websites can I find missing persons? This particular case is like finding a needle in a haystack. but this one interests me.

If you're looking for listed missing persons cases, I would recommend visiting:

Missing Persons Search

The Charley Project

Doe Network: International Center For Missing and Unidentified Persons

If you're looking for unlisted cases or potential unlisted matches that aren't in databases:

Newspapers.com - Historical Newspapers from 1700s-2000s (typing in keywords such as missing, or last seen).

Topix (these forums aren't always reliable, because there is a lot of speculation or bias, but they can be a good starting point for finding more information).

Looking For Lost Relatives - Friends (there's quite a few cases on this website that have been added to Namus at some point, but it can be hard to differentiate between solved and unresolved cases).

Message Boards (again, this is a starting point, but it can be useful for finding dates, details, places and specifications relating to missing persons).

Google News Archive Search (useful again with typing in keywords, or looking for specific cases).

I think this person could still be a possibility. The person I believe posted that died in 2012. Very interesting that the obituary stated no siblings, yet Ancestry seems quite clear they shared a mother. Seems like the mother could have divorced, as obit states she was brought up by second wife. The mother died when he would have been about 15. Anyhow will keep looking.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back