THE TOPIC TONIGHT IS MOLLIE TIBBETTS CALL 713-955-0606 TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION LIVE AT 8:00 PM EASTERN
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE

CA Hallucinatory Three Kings cake probed

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Jan 11, 2015.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

More than forty people have out of body experiences after California serves them cake laced with drugs

Story at DM link above.

How to Make Three Kings Cake (hallucination-optional)

2. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

From Patch:

Food Poisoning or Something Else? Investigators Probe Cake Illnesses
    Forty people have been sickened by cake sold at 10 local markets with unusual symptoms such as hallucinations.

Well, the hit single? A-side: "We Three Kings (Of Orient Are)" b/w B-side "La Cucaracha." Can become trippy seasonal favorite.

Pass the dutchie, mon.

3. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Active Member

Awesome. :lol: Makes me sad I didn't get to make a roscon this year tho. But after moving I can't find my little baby jesus to put in anyway. :(

Could have done with some hallucinogens, too, since my inlaws have been hanging around since before Xmas... :eek:hoh:

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Instead of disposing of this particular batch, retailers can just go ahead and mail it to me; will conduct private investigation to get to bottom of things.

5. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Nobody knows what was put in the cake. One idea is they used some sort of cleaning supplies instead of normal ingredients.
    I guess I just don't see what exactly is so amusing about a bakery selling people an altered cakes that causes hallucinations and nausea.

6. ontheclock

ontheclock Member

Sounds like a little more than dutchie was being passed around. Not cool if you're an unwilling participant, especially if kids are involved.

But, thanks wfgodot, for the blast from the past.

7. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

well, since they've had 32 health citations in two years, one can only imagine wtfreak was in the cakes

and, I'm sorry but 32 freaking citations and it took this for the health dep't to close them down?!

8. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

There have been some "willing" participants killed by the synthetic drugs. With the bakery putting who knows what into the cake, it could have ended even worse than it did.

9. mikkismom

mikkismom Well-Known Member